Mach 1 Supercharger

His Dudeness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I'm in Melbourne, FL and have been thinking about supercharging my 2021 Mach 1. Anybody have any experience and or tips?
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Mach 1 is a great base to build on… what are your goals with the car? Fun street car? Street and strip car? Low end torque or high rpm horsepower? How much money do you want to spend?

OP
OP
His Dudeness

His Dudeness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Just want a fun street car with low end torque. I looked at the Whipple, they're about $8200 from Steeda. I'd like to preserve the Ford warranty also.

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
I got a quote from Zack @ Grainger Fore for right around $10K installed with warranty​

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package
I'm in Melbourne, FL and have been thinking about supercharging my 2021 Mach 1. Anybody have any experience and or tips?
At some point down the road I might consider doing the same to my '21. I'm curious if adding a supercharger to the Mach would adversely impact reliability..

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
If you want low end torque and warranty Whipple is your only option. I am still waiting for the CARB approval here in Cali I can't even buy it because its not CARB approved yet for 22-23 model years but certification is in process last time I heard. Since you have a 2021 your kit would be CARB approved.

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
I wanted to do the same but Roush doesn't make SC for the Mach1 so Whipple was the only choice with their engine warranty. Ford told me I would lose their warranty. However, my friend at the dealer who tracks his cars said that he only had issues with his supercharger on his Mustang GT - blowing his engine twice and didn't find any more speed on the track (not strip). Here is a link where the Mach1 with SC got a sub 10sec 1/4 mile. It would be great if someone could give us feedback how the Mach1 with SC does on the road track.

https://www.hotcars.com/mustang-mach-1-dominates-the-drag-strip/

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I wanted to do the same but Roush doesn't make SC for the Mach1 so Whipple was the only choice with their engine warranty. Ford told me I would lose their warranty. However, my friend at the dealer who tracks his cars said that he only had issues with his supercharger on his Mustang GT - blowing his engine twice and didn't find any more speed on the track (not strip). Here is a link where the Mach1 with SC got a sub 10sec 1/4 mile. It would be great if someone could give us feedback how the Mach1 with SC does on the road track.

https://www.hotcars.com/mustang-mach-1-dominates-the-drag-strip/
My guess is none of them would stay cool enough. Do a search for BoardKat here and see the hoops he had to jump through to keep a FI car cool on track. But yeah, I'd love to hear from someone that's hot lapped one around a road course.

Everyone wants to joke about the GT500 being outrun or matched by a GT with a whipple but they forget it was engineered to be reliable at that power level and keep cool on the track.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
I dont have a lot of seat time in mine yet and sadly no track time at this point.

If you go Whipple and want their warranty, you must do stage 1. The warranty is not available with stage 2.
Also I had mine installed by a local Ford dealer. They might honor the warranty because they did the work but Im rolling the dice with that.

Power wise Its amazing (Stage 2), although I was really liking the bypass valve up to 3500 rpm, I am now starting to want the power to hit sooner. This is the Whipple tune however. It runs almost perfect. The only time I have had any issue with it at this point is backing into the garage. The throttle seems to surge a little and then down to like 500 RPM and surge again. I can hear the suction of air trying to get into intake.

Our faux lights allow for zero air to get into the (whipple) airbox, so I have mine removed and am working on crafting one for both sides so they match, but for now I have it wide open to the airbox.

You can check my build thread in my signature for any other issues, which there were a few.

LethalSteveG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Yellow Label
The Whipple Stage 1 will allow you to purchase a warranty from them as well. Even with the Stage 1 kit, it be a lot of fun to drive with a nice power increase too. Whipple has done a great job on perfecting how they drive too. This would be my choice with what you have mentioned too.

when you are ready, let us know if we can help as well. we do a lot with Whipple Superchargers and can get you squared away!
https://www.lethalperformance.com/w...-0l-supercharger-kit-2021-mach-1-mustang.html

OP
OP
His Dudeness

His Dudeness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thanks for all of the above feedback, good info. At the end of the day I just want the high HP bragging rights and a stop light to stop light car. It will never see the track or drag strip while I own it so I wanted to keep it simple. A relative bolt-on (that I don't have to do myself) that doesn't require drive train mods or additional cooling etc.
Sponsored