OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
In the interests of sharing as much info as possible for potential users, here we go again:

Loaded the borrowed config files for datalogging and did the runs over the weekend.
Logs are emailed to Lund. *footnote at bottom
Fingers crossed that the files are generic :shrug:

Observations:
Holy crap! :eyebulge:
This thing GOES!!! :headbang:
Third gear pulls from 2,500rpm - 7,200rpm - the engine is relentless. At no point in the rev range does it stop pulling. Had a mate in the car at the time. His comment was "mate, I was pinned to the seat the whole time"
This is a GREAT start.

A couple of things worth mentioning at this point in proceedings.

1. 7,200 indicated on the dash was only 6,800 according to the Ngauge. I trust the Ngauge.

2. I had a mate look over the logs, just to be sure that we weren't hurting the car. Now, it's not that's I don't trust Lund, it's just that they haven't seen my particular breed of headers before and due to the sensor locations, the transfer rates "could" be up the shit.
I can report that the tune is quite safe. There's more timing to be had, fuelling is also conservative. All good.

3. Throttle response is a little off. Not sure why that is, given that it felt good with the standard headers in place. I'm absolutely confident that this will be rectified through the revision process. It's not "terrible" just not "perfect".

And just as a final point of note, I was going to do all my logging with BP 98 in the tank BUT there's a serious lack of BP servos around here. Yes, the fuel IS better (according to just about anyone who's ever done some tuning) but in the end I opted to run Shell Optimax 98 cos that's what I'll most likely be using throughout the car's lifetime. I couldn't see the point in setting the car up for fuel that it won't see in the real world.

Hopefully I'll see the revision sent back tonight.

*for some reason, my laptop wasn't able to attach the logs on Lunds website.
To circumvent the issue, I emailed the logs to a mate who then did it all for me.
I'm thinking it won't be an issue for anyone running software form this century.
Just thought I'd add that little snippet for any other users who face a similar challenge. Workarounds are fun....:doh:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Update time.
Received an email back from Lund this morning. Apparently the engine is seeing "false knock". Greg from Lund has suggested that I try some new fuel.
I then asked if the steering rack rubbing on the headers could be causing the issue... Absolutely he says.
So, until the new UPR rubbers arrive (softer), I won't be able to do much with it (engine will get raised 1/4", back to 1/2" under stock. This will give the desired clearance.
I honestly couldn't be happier with the customer service that I've received from Lund.
Greg has been awesome. Every email is replied to overnight without fail. They're a class act, that's for sure.
The car goes like a cut cat already. I can't even imagine it with more ignition timing :eyebulge:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Update time.
Received an email back from Lund this morning. Apparently the engine is seeing "false knock". Greg from Lund has suggested that I try some new fuel.
I then asked if the steering rack rubbing on the headers could be causing the issue... Absolutely he says.
So, until the new UPR rubbers arrive (softer), I won't be able to do much with it (engine will get raised 1/4", back to 1/2" under stock. This will give the desired clearance.
I honestly couldn't be happier with the customer service that I've received from Lund.
Greg has been awesome. Every email is replied to overnight without fail. They're a class act, that's for sure.
The car goes like a cut cat already. I can't even imagine it with more ignition timing :eyebulge:

What timing at WOT you making?

Anything touching the headers even slightly will cause false knock! Did you also turn the AC bolt around as it tends to touch the headers as well.

Most base tunes make 24-26 WOT timing, then depending on fuel quality on Octane 93 GAS (98-99 RON) you can make as high as 31 WOT timing on best quality guess which in the UK is Shell Vpower Nitro+99

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What timing at WOT you making?

Anything touching the headers even slightly will cause false knock! Did you also turn the AC bolt around as it tends to touch the headers as well.

Most base tunes make 24-26 WOT timing, then depending on fuel quality on Octane 93 GAS (98-99 RON) you can make as high as 31 WOT timing on best quality guess which in the UK is Shell Vpower Nitro+99
From what I can see in the logs, 23 degrees at the bottom and 24-25 at the top.
How much better would you expect it to go with the extra timing?
My experience is primarily with distributors (old school).
Many years spent keeping a high-compression RS2000 on the boil. :headbang:

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]
Here you go.
image.jpg

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man you have like another 20-30HP to go yet, a lot more timing to make unless your fuel is really poor there. As it really should not be knocking with just 23-24 degrees timing at WOT, so hope it is something touching the headers causing that.

Sort that, get it upto 26-27 it will pull harder, if your fuel is good and you get it around 29 it will feel like the map all over again. :)

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet!
For reference, here's yours vs mine
image.jpeg

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet!
For reference, here's yours vs mine
What is your maf flow lb rate? Mine is 48-49lb per min. Stock car is around 42 if I remember. :)

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What is your maf flow lb rate? Mine is 48-49lb per min. Stock car is around 42 if I remember. :)
Mine and yours look identical, or near enough to it.
Not sure how that works. It's beyond my level of understanding at this point.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine and yours look identical, or near enough to it.
Not sure how that works. It's beyond my level of understanding at this point.
Good indication of power. I have stock headers but GT 350 IM. :)

I see you have pacemaker headers, what are those?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Pacemaker, same as Streetfighter headers. Long tube, 4 into 1. 1 7/8"
A pain to install (see my pacemaker thread) but well worth it.
If I'm making similar power to you with these on, I reckon these WITH GT350 IM would be freakin awesome :headbang:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacemaker, same as Streetfighter headers. Long tube, 4 into 1. 1 7/8"
A pain to install (see my pacemaker thread) but well worth it.
If I'm making similar power to you with these on, I reckon these WITH GT350 IM would be freakin awesome :headbang:
49lb flow rate with aound 30 degrees timing and optimised VCT/CAM will see you around 500HP.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
49lb flow rate with aound 30 degrees timing and optimised VCT/CAM will see you around 500HP.
Thanks for the heads up Gibbo. Just need to get 30 degrees into her first...
Interestingly, 500HP = 375Kw
I was hoping for somewhere around 370-380 so it seems that's not an unrealistic assessment.
If that works out to be right (:shrug:) I'm impressed. Most are resorting to CAI as well to get anywhere near that. I may have just saved myself several hundred dollars.... IF IT WORKS :ninja:
Exciting times with a few little hitches along the way, but it's been very rewarding so far :thumbsup:

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Time to hijack Burkey's thread to share my Lund experience.

Installed my PMAS intake and Lund tune this evening. First impressions... Holy shit how does a tune and intake make this much of a difference. It pulls hard all the way to we'll over 7000rpm now. No more drop off over 6000rpm. Shifting to second gear now results in powerskids. Lots of fun!

Looking forward to seeing further improvements from revisions as I am only seeing around 25 degrees of timing at peak. Already stoked with the improvement though.
FB_IMG_1485261803757.jpg

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I guess ill join the Hijack and get it overwith within a couple pages haha!

Lund tune
JLT CAI
Hurricane headers to FRPP - sport catback
Performance 170 degree thermostat.

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

And yes, the difference after tune is SIGNIFICANT!
Cant wait to get some data logging done and dial it in!

As mentioned above, the car pulls harder and more consistently through the rev range! Very happy with the outcome so far :D

I think I can actually keep the exhaust quieter when required than I could before these mods. But when on it.... its pretty loud haha. vicious!

Since this is a Lund experience thread, thought Id mention I have emailed Lund a few times seeking information.... as long as i send the email within work hours, I find i have a reply within like 10 mins, communication is great!
Feeling good about future tune revisions.
Sponsored