Sponsored

Lund Racing Shelby GT350 Tuning now available!!!!

Mason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Oxford White
I got my tune from Lund about two years ago. At the time I asked about datalogging and he said it wasn't necessary. Maybe they have changed things since then. I always buy my e85 at the same station and the Alc. % readout on the NGauge never varies more than 1-2%.
I use the Gas Buddy app on my iPhone. Depending on where I am I fill up, but apparently E85 ethanol percentages can have a +/- percentage depending on if its Class 1, 2, or 3. In Cleveland, where I am, some stations haven't switched over to summertime gas yet, so they are still running class 2 or 3, which has a lower ethanol percentage.
Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
what part of Cleveland, I have an office in Canton.

I use the Gas Buddy app on my iPhone. Depending on where I am I fill up, but apparently E85 ethanol percentages can have a +/- percentage depending on if its Class 1, 2, or 3. In Cleveland, where I am, some stations haven't switched over to summertime gas yet, so they are still running class 2 or 3, which has a lower ethanol percentage.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Below is an excerpt from an article at epa.gov. The bottom line is people should not get hung up on getting the maximum ethanol percentage in a flex fuel vehicle. e40 is between 100 and 104 octane, depending on the base gasoline. Driveability becomes affected above about e60 as far as slower starting and random exhaust explosions on trailing throttle. And, of course, fuel consumption is higher, though where I live it is a wash since e85 costs $1.00 less per gallon.

Ethanol has 2/3 energy density
of gasoline but high octane
• Non-linear influence of
ethanol content -7 most
benefit at lower levels
• 2/3 of octane benefit from first
1/3 of ethanol volume percent
• Efficiency gains have been
demonstrated in research
studies at ORNL, Ford & others
• Optimum blend likely 20-40%
ethanol -7 non-linear benefit
of higher octane vs. linear
decrease in energy density

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Any clean way of mounting the nguage? I don’t like the suction cup approach to the windshield.

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Any clean way of mounting the nguage? I don’t like the suction cup approach to the windshield.
It's basically either that or sacrificing an a/c vent.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R

I agree. Don't have one yet, but am considering mounting it in the base R radio cover plate. There is a hole in the circuit board behind the cover which I think (hope) is large enough for the ngage to fit.

Furiousone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Shelby GT350
I've seen some guys use a hybrid Go Pro/nGauge mount on the dash for a cleaner, off the window look that doesn't use a vent. I am using the window mount for now, will look into some other options down the road.

I'm about two weeks into having E85 in the car via Lund tune. First of all, my experience with Lund was outstanding. First rate customer support, I feel 100% justified in my purchase. As for the performance- I can definitely tell a difference between the stock tune and the flex tune. I need to really get the car out and put it through its paces, its just been so hard between the heat and the rain here lately. I also want to get it on the dyno to see what it puts down. They also set me up with the true E85 tune, so I need to load that and see if I notice any difference there. I expect it to provide a little bit more power.

A few things of note after having the Flex tune in for a bit. With E85 the car sometimes "stumbles" to a start, which from what I've read(and Lund confirmed) is normal with E85. Also- I have noticed even more random popping from the exhaust than usual, typically on deceleration. I know that is a bit of a love/hate thing....I personally dont mind it at all.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Since alcohol is less volatile than straight gasoline it doesn't ignite as quickly in a cold combustion chamber. That's also why in many parts of the country they reduce the amount of ethanol in the winter. I think the pump where I get mine has a sticker that says it contains a minimum of 55% or something like that. The exhaust pops on decel definitely get your attention, especially w/o resonators.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yes- I'm a resonator delete guy....definitely noticed the difference!
And BTW, you need to update the description of your car.
Sponsored