Sponsored

Lund Racing Flex Fuel Tunes now available!!!

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Is E85 ideal for a road racing application?? I understand it runs cooler, but could there be complications of pushing the car hard for 20-25mins sessions as opposed to a drag setup only going hard for 10-12secs?
Its fine. You can use it for any type of car racing. Id bet you could use it for other types of motorsports like boats etc
Sponsored

NBrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.7 RAM Rebel, 2018 Kona Blue GT350
Is E85 ideal for a road racing application?? I understand it runs cooler, but could there be complications of pushing the car hard for 20-25mins sessions as opposed to a drag setup only going hard for 10-12secs?
It wold be fine for road racing...just keep in mind the worse mpg is gonna make you have to fill up more at the track.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
These are all from last night . LUND FLEX FUEL email tune on e85 2016 GTPP M6
Nice runs. What are your mods? I assume drag radials or slicks?

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
I'm going to be blending for the summer. I live in Arizona and we have some of the worst gas and it's already 105 out. Just yesterday my car felt miserable on 91 and had positive nock. I put 6.5 gallons of E85 so it's at about 34% on the alky pid and the car instantly felt better once it learned the alky percentage, with knockr reading back at zero or under. I did not go WOT, but once it's over 100 I don't anyways.

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
I'm going to be blending for the summer. I live in Arizona and we have some of the worst gas and it's already 105 out. Just yesterday my car felt miserable on 91 and had positive nock. I put 6.5 gallons of E85 so it's at about 34% on the alky pid and the car instantly felt better once it learned the alky percentage, with knockr reading back at zero or under. I did not go WOT, but once it's over 100 I don't anyways.
blending is the way..haha told ya

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
You blend guys, how much are you blending to see the full 30* of advance? I asked lund to make me a dedicated e85 tune with more timing, but Jon II said he tested advance on his car and saw no more power/trap speed going to 32 and 34*.

ScottyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Base
Has anyone else had any hesitation at wot in the upper rpms while running e85? I finally filled up with e85 and drove around for a day or so before trying some WOT runs and it almost seemed like the car wasn't getting enough fuel up top. It wasn't smooth revving once it got above 4K. I also notice at idle its a little rough. The rpm will be steady at idle for 15 seconds or so and then jump up a tad (maybe 100rpm) for a split second then go back to normal and the process repeats every 15 seconds or so (could be due to the cai)

I plan on datalogging this weekend but was wondering if anyone else had these issues.

Thanks!

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I haven't had any of those issues...I've been on E85 for almost a year now.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else had any hesitation at wot in the upper rpms while running e85? I finally filled up with e85 and drove around for a day or so before trying some WOT runs and it almost seemed like the car wasn't getting enough fuel up top. It wasn't smooth revving once it got above 4K. I also notice at idle its a little rough. The rpm will be steady at idle for 15 seconds or so and then jump up a tad (maybe 100rpm) for a split second then go back to normal and the process repeats every 15 seconds or so (could be due to the cai)

I plan on datalogging this weekend but was wondering if anyone else had these issues.

Thanks!
Check your plugs. Maybe close the gap up a little bit. Mine were on the high-side from the factory. Currently running them at .048".

Also check all your hose clamps along your CAI and make sure you are not sucking in un-metered air.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
What are your af's at idle?

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Thanks!
What e% is the ngauge reporting? lambda @ wot? Should be in .85 range give or take.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
You blend guys, how much are you blending to see the full 30* of advance? I asked lund to make me a dedicated e85 tune with more timing, but Jon II said he tested advance on his car and saw no more power/trap speed going to 32 and 34*.
Mine is conservative , I'm maxed at 29.80

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
What is your blend %?
I've run straight e90 for the past 4000 miles now . Anything over 30% should get you the max timing . Over 60% will increase the ramp of spark advance . On straight e85+ I'm at full advance through my whole 1/4 mile run
Sponsored