Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just spent 2 hours at Gingerman Raceway in my 19. My car has the regular non-Recaros. With helmet I had to lean the seat so far back that I had to scoot it almost all the way forward until my knees hit the dash so I could properly reach the steering wheel. As it was, my helmet was touching the roof.

I looked at this when I had the seats out to fit the roll bar & rear seat delete but could not see an easy solution. 1st thing I'm going to try is to take the bottom seat cushion apart and see what is there. I do I.T. for auto dealers so have good contacts for upholstery work. Like you guys above, I prefer to keep the airbags but don't care about heated/cooled seats. This is probably going to be my winter project.
Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2012. I'm 6'1". It felt fine. My 2019 felt like it didn't go down far enough when I first started driving it. I've gotten used to it but I still wish I could lower it down about 2 more inches.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Probably not a lot if room for improvement with the standard power seats. The power mechanism eats up a lit of room. The Recaro manual mounts have more room for improvement.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Bumping this up, has anyone managed to lower heated and cooled seats? Or have the seat bottom foam trimmed and gain headroom?

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I’m interested in this too. I’m 6’3” with a 33” inseam, and I’m fairly certain I’m not fitting in with my helmet. (Still need to actually check)

I have about 2-3” between my head and the roof with some less than comfortable seat adjustments, but even with that, not sure I’m going to fit with my helmet.

Would be nice to find a bracket that drops the seat an inch or 2
Sponsored