Sponsored

looking for a tire recomendation

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
I currently have the stock tires that came with the performance package. I'm looking for something that offers comparable performance, but isn't useless once the temperature drops into the 50s. I plan on having a dedicated set of wheels+tires for the New England winter, but I'd like to have my summer tires on as long as possible.
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I have continental contisports on the back. I didn't really have spinning problems until I put the headers on. Great wet weather performance.

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The Pirelli's sucked so I took them off right away.
Put Continental DWS06 on for 1400 miles. The side wall was too soft and I felt unsecure in the corners.
I now have the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the car handling is amazing. :D

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I currently have the stock tires that came with the performance package. I'm looking for something that offers comparable performance, but isn't useless once the temperature drops into the 50s. I plan on having a dedicated set of wheels+tires for the New England winter, but I'd like to have my summer tires on as long as possible.
Something to maybe consider....UHP A/S tire technolgy has come a long way in recent years and if your not seriously tracking the car (like myself) Michelin makes the new Pilot Sport A/S 3 plus and BFG (now owned by Michelin) makes the G-Force COMP-2 A/S.
The Michelin tire has actually been shown to out performed some (not all) max performance summer tires in dry traction testing.
Just something to think about and not saying A/S's are a better tire vs a summer for their intended purposes.

l'm running a 285/35-19 square set of the BFG G-Force COMP-2 A/S and so far l'm very impressed with the traction and handling in the few weeks that l've had them.:D

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
The Pirelli's sucked so I took them off right away.
Put Continental DWS06 on for 1400 miles. The side wall was too soft and I felt unsecure in the corners.
I now have the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the car handling is amazing. :D
That's been what's turned me away from the DWS06.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Something to maybe consider....UHP A/S tire technolgy has come a long way in recent years and if your not seriously tracking the car (like myself) Michelin makes the new Pilot Sport A/S 3 plus and BFG (now owned by Michelin) makes the G-Force COMP-2 A/S.
The Michelin tire has actually been shown to out performed some (not all) max performance summer tires in dry traction testing.
Just something to think about and not saying A/S's are a better tire vs a summer for their intended purposes.

l'm running a 285/35-19 square set of the BFG G-Force COMP-2 A/S and so far l'm very impressed with the traction and handling in the few weeks that l've had them.:D
I'm leaning hard on those two, same as OP I'd like a tire I can run potentially 12 months but turn to my snow/ice set when I need it. Finding an A/S with a stiff sidewall and comparable level of dry grip as a typical summer only UHP is what I'm after.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Finding an A/S with a stiff sidewall and comparable level of dry grip as a typical summer only UHP is what I'm after.
Unfortunately that's just not going to happen. The tread design and compound that makes an all season tire ok in the winter doesn't work well in the summer, and vice versa. With all season tires you basically compromise one thing to get another. The better it is in the summer, the crappier it is in the winter, etc. I'd ditch the idea of "comparable", and just go with "acceptable".

But anyway, I was seriously considering the G-force before I decided to give the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's a spin. As far as all seasons go, the G-force are one of the better ones. I've heard very mixed reviews for them in light snow though.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But anyway, I was seriously considering the G-force before I decided to give the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's a spin. As far as all seasons go, the G-force are one of the better ones. I've heard very mixed reviews for them in light snow though.
Right, my G-force's will be driven year round. But in the unlikely snow event we may have l'll just use my 4X if need be.
I'd rather sacrifice my 17 year old truck to the droves of idiot snow drivers:crazy: around here and keep the Mustang off the road- safe in the garage.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Right, my G-force's will be driven year round. But in the unlikely snow event we may have l'll just use my 4X if need be.
I'd rather sacrifice my 17 year old truck to the droves of idiot snow drivers:crazy: around here and keep the Mustang off the road- safe in the garage.
Lol, don't blame you. I'd pickup a beater for the winter but I don't have a place to put one.

Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Just got my DWS06's on and so far Im loving them. Seem to grip just as well and Im looking forward to them NOT being rock hard and slick as hell once the temps start to drop!

Matt

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my DWS06's on and so far Im loving them. Seem to grip just as well and Im looking forward to them NOT being rock hard and slick as hell once the temps start to drop!

Matt
The DW's not as good at lower temps, but the DWS06's are among the top rated and reviewed A/S tires and they do well in the cold/snow.