tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

I am looking to start upgrading my stereo. I already emailed the oem radio guy a couple days ago but I haven't heard back. I know I can make this cable with the schematics on the this forum, but I would prefer to just buy it. I don't want to cut the factory wiring. I'm looking for a cable that plugs into the factory amp harness and supplies RCA pre-amp outputs for all 4 channels. Is there somewhere that this can be bought? Thanks in advance!

--Tom
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
PM [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] . He should be able to make you one.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
want to take the family on a trip to Disney?? I've got a premium you could work with :D

I'd be interested in one either way, as I have also had no luck getting a hold of [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION]. Would prefer not to take the dash back apart again, as I just got done replacing the ACM to add HD Radio, but can do it if that's the best option available.

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
I need one also.

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Yes I make them for the ACM. I need a Premium car near me to try out the DSP/Amplifier bypass plugs though.
As soon as the car is finished up, I'll make the trip down to you! Should be done in a week or so..

Bob

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I want one as soon as they are available!

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
All of the RCA harnesses I do are on backorder due to the OEM supplier being out of stock until 10/29. I still need a Premium car to look into the DSP/Amp module bypass. If someone wants to send me the parts I can try a prototype.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Ford didn't exactly make this easy. Trying to do a stealthy upgrade to the stock fronted system.

Bought a JL Audio 800/8 v2 in anticipation.

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ford didn't exactly make this easy. Trying to do a stealthy upgrade to the stock fronted system.

Bought a JL Audio 800/8 v2 in anticipation.
I would say that the potential of Sync 3 to interface with aftermarket components is the biggest of any manufacturer. Once I saw the signal voltage and confirmed the EQ was turned off I knew it would come down to connector and terminal availability.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
So I have been looking at going to Sync 3 (current MFT user with the Shaker Pro).

Better to go that route initially in your opinion? Swap to Sync 3 then upgrade?

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Better to swap to Sync 3 period. The biggest difference isn't the sound, it's the functionality and the ease of use. I would start with that and add a Helix DSP.2 as well as front speakers and a replacement sub. Really depends on what you want but I try to tell people that upgrading audio is like adding a blower, sooner or later you'll hit the limitations of what Clarion and Pioneer have done for Ford. The stock sub box could be modeled to work just fine with a better driver. The front tweeter and mid bass should be replaced. The factory mid is useless bc of the placement that was dictated by styling and not where it would sound best. And anyone that reads my post knows how I feel about rear speakers.

NemesisOfZod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium
OH is a bit of a drive from Texas...but I would gladly sacrifice the use of My car for a couple of days if I could!

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
OH is a bit of a drive from Texas...but I would gladly sacrifice the use of My car for a couple of days if I could!
I ordered some of the connectors. I really would like a local to test it on. Once I make one I can quote a price. I never make any profit on this stuff but with MOQ's I have to be sure I'm not losing anything.
Sponsored