OP
OP
f10550i

f10550i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm waiting for a Texas dealership to get back to me right now who is asking $5k over. I politely told them it's msrp or nothing because I know they're out there even if it means I have to (get to!) travel.

Arctic- How are you able to sleep? My purchase isn't even confirmed yet and I'm struggling to sleep already. lol If you don't mind me asking, did you pay msrp?
Sponsored

Arctic_Ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H1465
I will end up paying a few grand less than MSRP, however my deal isn't reality because I work for a Ford Dealership. Because I work in a dealership and am used to people ordering and waiting for their vehicles all the time I was prepared for the wait. I ordered mine in mid-June, and have been patiently waiting ever since, however fully understood that it was going to take 4-6 months for it to arrive.

Jezuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Ruby Red, 2014 Nissan Frontier

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
1) Price
2) Color/Options
3) Availability
......you will likely only find 2 of the 3.....best of luck.

OP
OP
f10550i

f10550i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Sponsored

OP
OP
f10550i

f10550i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
1) Price
2) Color/Options
3) Availability
......you will likely only find 2 of the 3.....best of luck.
I like a challenge :cheers:

I had all three at my closest dealer in Houston and didn't pull the trigger in time. Now I'm ready! I'm coming very close by finding cars either at msrp with a black roof or everything I want at $1k over. There are deals are out there to find and with the rising inventories and lowering prices I'm confident that by the time snow is falling in Northern states this winter, this will no longer be a problem. :thumbsup:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I like a challenge :cheers:

I had all three at my closest dealer in Houston and didn't pull the trigger in time. Now I'm ready! I'm coming very close by finding cars either at msrp with a black roof or everything I want at $1k over. There are deals are out there to find and with the rising inventories and lowering prices I'm confident that by the time snow is falling in Northern states this winter, this will no longer be a problem. :thumbs:
Don't be blinded by pride. $1K ADM close to home vs. MSRP several thousand miles away...

OP
OP
f10550i

f10550i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Don't be blinded by pride. $1K ADM close to home vs. MSRP several thousand miles away...
I can't argue with that, it's logically true. I like to fly and road trip in a new car along with the challenge of getting one at msrp. At the end of the day though, I want the car and $1k here beats msrp there.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Saw a nice Lightning Blue, no stripe '16 with Track Package yesterday on Cars.com at a dealer in MS. Asking $2K ADM.....beautiful car. LB or Magnetic are probably the 2 best colors I've seen....

MAJ_MALFUNCTION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Triple Yellow
Thought he didn't want OTT stripes? Does look like a nice one.
OTT stripes can be removed fairly easily. Mine had stripes - had the dealer remove them before I took delivery.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Fastback, 22 GT500 awaiting delivery
I'm waiting for a Texas dealership to get back to me right now who is asking $5k over. I politely told them it's msrp or nothing because I know they're out there even if it means I have to (get to!) travel.

Arctic- How are you able to sleep? My purchase isn't even confirmed yet and I'm struggling to sleep already. lol If you don't mind me asking, did you pay msrp?
Be patient, they won't want to miss out on a sale to close out the month.

The dealer in Texas I bought mine from was also at $5k over when I first called. The salesman called me every day for a week lowering the price a little each time. Finally on Friday at 5:15 he calls and tells me they will take sticker if I can be there early Saturday morning. Made a super quick run to my bank (they close at 6) and picked up the funds. The 4 hour drive down to pick it up seemed like and eternity. The drive home went much quicker was a blast.

MAJ_MALFUNCTION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Triple Yellow
OP
OP
f10550i

f10550i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thank all of you again for all of the input and insights! After working on my list for the better part of the day, I came away very frustrated to find out that the msrp deals were still being shipped or were sold by the end of the day along with a $1k adm car that I just missed. I gave up and agreed to $2,500 over at a dealer near enough to drive to. It has stripes that I plan to remove. I'll share more information about what I found after the agreed upon deal is locked in tomorrow if anyone cares enough to request more info.

Arctic_Ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H1465
Congratulations, you're going to love it. The $2500 won't matter in a year from now, it probably won't matter after the first time you drive it. What is important is that you tried hard to find what you wanted at MSRP and that you didn't just settle for the first one you found at 10k over because you fell in love with that FPC!

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
You found one on my list, haven't called yet though. I could go either way on the stripes, that's a great looking car. I like them but could see myself removing them later on to change the look and I think the car makes enough of a statement without them. Fortunately they're not too expensive and would be easy to remove later on.
Don't bother. I called today, MSRP of 60k with a discount for about 56k total, after calling they jacked it up to 65k. Called back to ask wtf and they said they didn't realize they priced it so low and it was a mistake. So I'm back to looking myself. Really want one in magnetic, already have a black GT but think the shelby looks better in non black because of all the black trim.
Sponsored