Sponsored

Longtube question

C.Stanley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’m new to the S550 scene and looking at Longtubes. My car has a Corsa Catback on it and I notice some headers say XL for corsa or car has corsa catback or something like that. I am looking at arh and stainless works but want to make sure I order the right off-road headers. What is the difference for corsa catback?
Sponsored

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
You just need to make sure that the longtubes end with a 2.5" connection. Since your cat back bolts up to the stock manifold that is their size and then increases to 3". There are some systems that are full 3" systems and would need the accompanying 3" header.

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
If I recall correctly when installing my Corsa Xtreme it uses a 3" to 2.5" reducer to mate to the stock header midpipes. I'm fairly sure they are actually a full 3" system but it would be good that someone that has longtubes on them confirms that.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You can get ARH headers to mate with the 3" Corsa catback without the adapter. That's what is on my car. It's a full 3" setup.

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
I have a corsa extreme cat-back. Corsa uses a reducer on the front of the x-pipe that I plan on taking off when I throw on some LTs soon. I dont really care too much about the connection pipe, any shop that can throw on some LTs should have a few inches of 3" pipe they can weld onto the front of the x-pipe so its all 3" without any reductions.

Sponsored

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
You do not want it to end in 2.5 you want it to end in 3" since you have corsa cat back. What your looking for are headers with "XL-leads" so they can be trimmed to fit. Or "bottle neck eliminator" with ARH.

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
You just need to make sure that the longtubes end with a 2.5" connection. Since your cat back bolts up to the stock manifold that is their size and then increases to 3". There are some systems that are full 3" systems and would need the accompanying 3" header.
Wrong.

You do not want it to end in 2.5 you want it to end in 3" since you have corsa cat back. What your looking for are headers with "XL-leads" so they can be trimmed to fit. Or "bottle neck eliminator" with ARH.
Correct. :cheers:

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i made mine full 3 inch with dynomax bullets.also acts as small resonator