Longtube headers and CEL

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone installed longtime headers and gotten a CEL? I have a full ARH system and just got a cel today after a week of driving. Haven't had time to check the code yet it's killing me :confused:
Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I would guess from your other post you have a CEL because you do not have a tune.

OP
OP

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Right, I expected a cel but immediately after install. Don't have a tune yet because I'm waiting on my JLT. Was told running a full exhaust wouldn't harm anything with no tune so I got it installed right away.

OP
OP

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
taking my ride to Murillo motor sports in two weeks for a tune.

Sponsored

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 50th with PP
Right, I expected a cel but immediately after install. Don't have a tune yet because I'm waiting on my JLT. Was told running a full exhaust wouldn't harm anything with no tune so I got it installed right away.
Depending on if its Catted with HFC or Catless, either way depending on amount of driving, I would not be surprised to see it take a week to throw a cat efficiency threshold code. I'd honestly be more surprised if it had thrown it immediately.

OP
OP

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the replies, I'm running HFC. When I didn't get a code in the first few days I was surprised and started to think i was in the clear but yea guess they cats are broken in.

OP
OP

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yea I'm taking it to my shop later today will see the codes then. Will post results

Sponsored

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Even having HFC, yes good possibility you'll throw a code. Tune will clear that up. Any car I've had took at least 50 miles to show that code, never right upon start up after install.

Fordified302-4v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT
I ran spark plug defoulers in mine for 2 weeks and drove pretty hard with no cats and no tune and had no CEL. I do have a tune now. And the tune did bring back the low end feel that I lost with long tubes.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Yes to all, Have LT's, catless full ARH exhaust, tune is for the Roush SC which doesn't consider the exhaust, CEL came on the third day of driving as closely predicted by the tuner. Car is still at only 600 miles. I take it out on sunny days for short drives. Runs pretty good and sounds fantastic to me. Waiting for a comprehensive tune then let the fun begin!

OP
OP

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Sounds great guard I'm following your build closely because im heading your direction on mine. So I checked the code and it was a cat deficiency. Guna try some tricks to keep it from popping up on the dash the guys a t the shop had some ideas for it.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
I've got the other parts chosen for phase 2, just waiting on the tune to take the car in. Hopefully within the next month. I'll keep you informed.
Sponsored