Sponsored

LONG TUBE HEADERS MADE MY 5.0 QUIET??? WHY???

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hi guys!! Im super comfusrd wth just happend here...

Long story short, I got long tube ARH, its a full system that bolts all the way to your Axel backs,

So the thing is, after installing all that, its LTH, with a beefy X pipe from ARH a 3inch pretty much to my Borla sport mufflers and guys the car is very quiet?? Why,?? It was legit louder with my MAk cat deletes that I had. Now its super quiet, it only get loud when I go past 4k rpm,

Has this happend to anyone? Is this normal? Im so shocked that its this quiet even tho its catless too lol,
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I have both catted and catless lead pipes on my ARH headers. It's much quieter with cats on my Krona. Significantly louder without cats. Still pretty loud above 5k rpm.

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
what zelek said, if your new stuff is catted it will quiet it down considerably

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have both catted and catless lead pipes on my ARH headers. It's much quieter with cats on my Krona. Significantly louder without cats. Still pretty loud above 5k rpm.
Trust me bro, its the catless arh full system they bolted on directly to my borla s type mufflers, when im shifting normally, you dont hear the *gasp* when you clutch in which sucks, what axel backs do you have??

Sponsored

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Its the catless full long tube system...and its so quiet..
maybe just the mufflers then? i know i went to longtubes catted with a corsa sport and double h pipe and it was too quiet with the sport mufflers so i swapped to the extremes and much better

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
maybe just the mufflers then? i know i went to longtubes catted with a corsa sport and double h pipe and it was too quiet with the sport mufflers so i swapped to the extremes and much better
So i would have to seap the axel backs then, makes total sense, but i would see so many videos of the setup like mine and it was so loud i was disappointed not heari g the gasps between shifting lol

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
So i would have to seap the axel backs then, makes total sense, but i would see so many videos of the setup like mine and it was so loud i was disappointed not heari g the gasps between shifting lol

yea sometimes videos make it seem much different depending on what microphones are being used, i know mine sounds different than any video i saw for sure but im not disappointed once i switched to a little bit louder muffler, the sports were perfect for my buddy who was catless and extremes were perfect on mine catted so the mufflers do make a big difference

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
yea sometimes videos make it seem much different depending on what microphones are being used, i know mine sounds different than any video i saw for sure but im not disappointed once i switched to a little bit louder muffler, the sports were perfect for my buddy who was catless and extremes were perfect on mine catted so the mufflers do make a big difference
Most likely it was just over expecting the sound to be super loud jaja but Im thinking of getting Borla ATAK, do you know if those are really loud? Or are they ehh?

Sponsored

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Most likely it was just over expecting the sound to be super loud jaja but Im thinking of getting Borla ATAK, do you know if those are really loud? Or are they ehh?

from what ive heard they are pretty loud and not a bad sound either but as we know everyones taste is different lol i mean i ran longtubes with cats an x pipe and muffler deletes for awhile and i liked it some one else maybe not so much haha

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Check your mufflers for foreign objects. Ie: potatoes, towels, etc. Anything people who live near you may be able to stuff easily since they all probably hate you...

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I'll take your quiet mufflers if you want to get rid of them. I have long tubes, magnaflow resonator and stock mufflers. It is quiet, could be a little louder.

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'll take your quiet mufflers if you want to get rid of them. I have long tubes, magnaflow resonator and stock mufflers. It is quiet, could be a little louder.
Looking for Borla ATAKS got any?

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Check your mufflers for foreign objects. Ie: potatoes, towels, etc. Anything people who live near you may be able to stuff easily since they all probably hate you...
My car is garaged kept and actually im not the type who uses their car at 5am with a loud ass exhaust, i usually only use my car 3 times a week and i turn it on like at 2 pm in the day so definitely not that xD
Sponsored