Sponsored

Lights behaviour in euro-spec Mustang

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
So if I understand it correctly you guy's will do the following with the lights... (correct me if I'm wrong)

Front lights: Add the tri-bar leds from Diode Dynamics to it and disable the current DRL?
Rear lights: Add 2 amber led strips per light and add the sequential tail-light function?

Right?
Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Hey cool Papinist, will you also do sequential front turn ? I'm really about to doing it ! :D

Other point, when changing the headlights, I'm going to change the whole HID on the car, I'm going to install 35 w Bulb and ballast on the car to have a better light.
Sure, sequential front turn is the thing that convinced me to do the mod :D

Installing the 35w system would be nice, how do you do this? Simply buying US version? It should not be cheap..

So if I understand it correctly you guy's will do the following with the lights... (correct me if I'm wrong)

Front lights: Add the tri-bar leds from Diode Dynamics to it and disable the current DRL?
Rear lights: Add 2 amber led strips per light and add the sequential tail-light function?

Right?
Not exact (at least for me):

Front lights: Add the tribar leds from caniggia with sequential amber turn and disable the current DRL - also add white\amber switchbacks to regular turning lights (this I will do by myself)
Rear lights: Add sequential amber turn and 3-bar braking lights from caniggia (don't know if he can reuse the existing leds or he needs to replace all and install new ones)

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
Im even removing stock leds from rear yellow.
35w needs some grinding of bulb or lamp socket, albo different wiring for ballast. I did this.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im even removing stock leds from rear yellow.
35w needs some grinding of bulb or lamp socket, albo different wiring for ballast. I did this.
Oh well, thanks for the explanation. I was thinking that's plug & play.

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Right?
And for me :

Front lights: Add the tri-bar leds from Diode Dynamics to it and disable the current DRL and see with Caniggia if he can add his own sequential turn to the Boards from Diode Dynamics, if not, then no sequential front for me ... ?

Rear lights: Same as Papinist : Add sequential amber turn and 3-bar braking lights from caniggia

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
500$ you can buy 2013 mustang take off set of bulb and ballast. I would go this way.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Sure, sequential front turn is the thing that convinced me to do the mod :D

Front lights: Add the tribar leds from caniggia with sequential amber turn and disable the current DRL - also add white\amber switchbacks to regular turning lights (this I will do by myself)
Rear lights: Add sequential amber turn and 3-bar braking lights from caniggia (don't know if he can reuse the existing leds or he needs to replace all and install new ones)
So there is another led kit on the market than the diode dynamics kit?

I'm not really interested in the color changing disco lights and the sequential fronts, just want it US stock (tri-bar DRL) and a switch for when I go to the car inspection I can turn it off and present it stock EU spec. Just to avoid discussions & penalty's with these smart asses!

And for me :

Front lights: Add the tri-bar leds from Diode Dynamics to it and disable the current DRL and see with Caniggia if he can add his own sequential turn to the Boards from Diode Dynamics, if not, then no sequential front for me ... ?

Rear lights: Same as Papinist : Add sequential amber turn and 3-bar braking lights from caniggia
For the rears same thing, just want the sequential turn signals, not sure if the triple brake lights are US stock as well, if so Ill do it.

3rd would love to find someone locally (Belgium) with the skills to do it. Taking the lights out and shipping them to Poland is a no go for me, also driving up there is way to far.

Meanwhile Ill wait and see if a solution comes on the market as the S550 is still relatively new for Europe.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Yes caniggia is making his own front tribar leds - no disco lights in that but he implemented seq amber too. Of course if you don't want it, simply don't connect the wire.
I'll plan to install a switch for the annual inspection that will disconnect power to the tribars.

For rears, yes triple brake lights is US stock. However caniggia's mod is trying to keep this 'legal' allowing all lights to be seen at the same time. US version turns off parking\brake when turning, ours will show both at the same time. For these too you can install a switch to revert to single amber turn signal.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just came in mind: if you have front tribars as a turning lights (seq) what happens then to the original turning lights? Working both?

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I thought the gills and the turn signal lights were considered DRL as they are on regardless what time of day it is. Headlights come on at when its dark out in the Automatic setting which also handles the DLR.

In regards to the headlight height level is that a European thing or is it available on US cars as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Just came in mind: if you have front tribars as a turning lights (seq) what happens then to the original turning lights? Working both?
It depends on how you want to wire them: I want both, but I'm adding a switch to have only stock, both stock and tribar seq, only tribar seq.

I thought the gills and the turn signal lights were considered DRL as they are on regardless what time of day it is. Headlights come on at when its dark out in the Automatic setting which also handles the DLR.

In regards to the headlight height level is that a European thing or is it available on US cars as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
US cars don't have it, I'm sorry! For EU it's requested by law, but I saw some jap models and they have it too.
Sponsored