Sponsored

Lifetime powertrain WARRANTY on my stang!

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Ok so i bought my car from stone mountain ga ford, every new ford they sell include free lifetime powertrain warranty, for free! I said to the dealer this is amazing and i asked him how many other ford dealers were offering lifetime warranty he said a couple other dealers, not many, do any of you have lifetime powertrains? I will definetly put miles on her so this is a huge plus for me. If you live in georgia i would highly recommend checking them out, great prices as well.
Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Ted Britt Ford does in Virginia , stipulation being that you do all service with an authorized Ford dealer.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Ted Britt Ford does in Virginia , stipulation being that you do all service with an authorized Ford dealer.
Mine doesnt have to be ford per se just that all required maintanence on time with reciepts and documentation. I would double check the fine print, but anywho i dont plan to go anywhere but ford or diy and document and save reciepts, it depends on how my first free service goes.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Akins Ford in Athens, GA offers it too.

Sponsored

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Ames Ford/Lincoln in Ames, Iowa includes a written lifetime Ford warranty good at any Ford dealer on all new Ford/Lincoln cars they sell. I'm not sure about trucks.

Yep, its the real deal. It came with my 2015 EB and you do not have to have the vehicle serviced only by Ford for it to remain in effect. They're a great dealer and I highly recommend them.

Jim

jpd_f550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/Perf. Package, 1995 Mustang GT
Germain Ford in Beavercreek, OH gives a lifetime powertrain warranty. All regular services have to be done with them AND they require oil changes to be done by them every 3000 miles (or 6 months).

Out of curiosity, I emailed them asking how much an oil change would cost and they never replied. I can get a genuine Motorcraft filter for $6 at my local dealership and 8 quarts of full synthetic (after shopping around for deals) for about $25. I might be able to deal with paying Germain Ford for an oil change every 10000 miles, but definitely not every 3000.

I see these lifetime powertrain warranties as mostly a sales gimmick *unless* it's something like [jholtz] received. In my opinion, Germain Ford's lifetime powertrain warranty is garbage.

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
My engine is warrantied for life at Priority Ford in Norfolk as long as they do the scheduled maintenance. But they also include free oil changes, every 5k miles, and state inspections for life.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Life time warranties always require that you bring car in for service at the dealer you bought it from.

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Lifetime warranty terms and conditions scan

Here's a scan of the terms and conditions page of the lifetime powertrain warranty I received with the EB. However, I also added an 8 year - 100,000 mile premium wrap around warranty that is similar to the original 3 year - 36,000 mile warranty that came with the car.

Why you ask? Because I bought the car to be euro style touring car that my wife and I travel in rather than a weekend ground pounder so the warranty is important to me.

Note the section covering self maintenance requires that you keep records.

HTH

Jim
Lifetime Ford warranty002 (Large).jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Germain Ford in Beavercreek, OH gives a lifetime powertrain warranty. All regular services have to be done with them AND they require oil changes to be done by them every 3000 miles (or 6 months).

Out of curiosity, I emailed them asking how much an oil change would cost and they never replied. I can get a genuine Motorcraft filter for $6 at my local dealership and 8 quarts of full synthetic (after shopping around for deals) for about $25. I might be able to deal with paying Germain Ford for an oil change every 10000 miles, but definitely not every 3000.

I see these lifetime powertrain warranties as mostly a sales gimmick *unless* it's something like [jholtz] received. In my opinion, Germain Ford's lifetime powertrain warranty is garbage.
They have got to be the dumbest dealer alive lol 3k miles, hell that would get expensive and a hassle because i put miles on mine luckily my lifetime warranty states 6 months 6k or whatever factory recommends which would be when the light comes on or 10k miles.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I had this on my Chevy truck. Luckily they did free oil changes and free routine maintenance, otherwise I would not be bothered to go to the dealer to get a new air filter, among other things that'd take me 10 seconds... for crying out loud. I don't have time for that.

Oh, and on the first oil change they did, they shorted me 2Q. Never returned.

Last edited:

jpd_f550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/Perf. Package, 1995 Mustang GT
They have got to be the dumbest dealer alive lol 3k miles, hell that would get expensive and a hassle because i put miles on mine luckily my lifetime warranty states 6 months 6k or whatever factory recommends which would be when the light comes on or 10k miles.
Agreed. They touted their warranty as being great as "no one else" does it, but their sales manager couldn't give me any specifics when I asked about details and what was necessary to maintain the warranty. He had a salesman give me a pamphlet stating no real details. He also told me most oil changes cost about $30. That *may* be true, but I seriously doubt an oil change for this car cost $30 anywhere on the planet.

They say they provide free loaner vehicles if they're available. I need to take my car in for some warranty things... we'll see if they live up to the loaner car deal.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I can't even get Supertech synthetic and an oil filter for $30 at Walmart... they must get a discount and not pay oil change people any labor.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. They touted their warranty as being great as "no one else" does it, but their sales manager couldn't give me any specifics when I asked about details and what was necessary to maintain the warranty. He had a salesman give me a pamphlet stating no real details. He also told me most oil changes cost about $30. That *may* be true, but I seriously doubt an oil change for this car cost $30 anywhere on the planet.

They say they provide free loaner vehicles if they're available. I need to take my car in for some warranty things... we'll see if they live up to the loaner car deal.
I would inquire about if they know about fords oil life system and that these cars hold 8 quarts and see if you go by fords plan if they will honor it.
Sponsored