Sponsored

lies, lies, .....LIES!

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-Vert, 2015 Tahoe LTZ
Just to let you guys know who are considering swapping wheels, it is a LIE that if the wheels and TPMS are factory, your Mustang will automatically pick up the new wheels. Someone may have got lucky, but I just had to train my system to accept factory 20" wheels that I bought from another guy.

Luckily, I did not trust what I read here and bought the re-set tool. Very easy process once you have it.

[ame]

Just follow this video and you are in business! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I must be lucky then..... I fitted my new P6G wheels with genuine :ford: sensors.

Pressed reset in the menu, went for a drive, and they were reading correct within 2 miles...:thumbsup:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
You're posting lies... I bought a new set of wheels, tires, and new TPMS and installed them and didn't have to do the reset.

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I got lucky too, purchased 4 tpms stems from CJP, bought Velgens right from the shop (thanks Scott) and then tires from my friends shop where everything was mounted balanced and aligned. No tool ever used how do I know? Because I did the install

CO_GT/CS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
Competition Orange 2016 GT/CS
Mine picked up the new sensors as soon as I started the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr Snappy

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was surprised when it happened. After switching out the wheels, I drove it for about an hour with no message on the display that it did not pick the new wheels up, but as I was turning into my driveway, the message came up and all 4 wheels were reading "--".

It may have eventually worked out, but I had the tool handy and it took the new reset just fine.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I had to use the tool for my aftermarket wheels. I used Ford TPMS, too. Oh the humanity.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah you buy ford parts it automatically syncs, the tool is not needed. Buy aftermarket sensors then you need the tool...old news op ....old news!

OP
OP
Mr Snappy

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you buy ford parts it automatically syncs, the tool is not needed. Buy aftermarket sensors then you need the tool...old news op ....old news!
Learn to read...I said FORD OEM WHEELS needed the Tool.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I changed wheels on 2 different cars a 15 focus st and my current 16 gt cs bought ford tpms sensors on both they auto synced with correct tire pressures and all. Ford oem wheels should have ford tpms and therefore when change them from car to car they should sync automatically. The only time i had to use the tool on my car is when i bought after market tpms sensors on my 2012 gt..the tool synced them perfectly. People get stupid when it comes to tpms, it isnt that complicated! If for what ever reason they dont sync then something is wrong with the sensors!

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I just put on Velgens, the shop used my TPMS sensors, the light went away within 2-3 minutes of driving and dash started registering air pressure. Soooo....?

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
The factory 2015-2016 OEM sensors relearn themselves. Any ford tech, including my brother, will clarify that for you. If you have 2011-2014 sensors then you need the re-set tool. I've met at least 20 people with S550 Mustangs with aftermarket wheels. Not one needed the relearn tool. Some reused their sensors and some bought them new, like myself.

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
I added aftermarket wheels 3 weeks ago to my '16 GT with new OEM Ford TPMS sensors and the car picked them up fine without using any reset tool.

Matador91

Benchmark Auto Salon
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
swapped to PP wheels and the car is reading tpms with no issues.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Your factory 20" wheels that you bought from another guy most likely have aftermarket sensor.

I did this 3 times with the ford oem sensors and never needed a tool. Just drove couple miles and everything was good.
Sponsored