Sponsored

Key cloning and stealing

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I know it sounds a bit hollywood, people breaking in and threatening torture, to take a car, but I'm not sure how far thieves would go, these days, during a robbery.

I've also heard stuff about people waiting near a car in a car park, when the owner approaches, the theives appear and relieve the owner of the keys.

What does a person do?
There's an argument to have strictly regulated handguns in the UK, not like the US where it's lapse and can get assault rifles etc but very strict requirements and only handguns
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Now to wait for the heroes who will defend it and tell you they know kung fu or carry a gun etc. It’s only a car and insurance and gap are there for a reason.
I’m a black belt in Origami, I can rip a tissue and crush a grape.

You want my keys?? Here they are:D:D

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I sure am glad that we do have the right to bare arms over here . Now for the tricky part 1 would also need an insurance policy that would pay for the costs of the use of lethal force upon another individual in the course of protecting oneself and family .

So maybe the better option would be to come to a better ideal and just remember that the vehichle is only a material object that can be replaced with real good insurance .

Oh the process of always having to pay is never fruitful !

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
There's an argument to have strictly regulated handguns in the UK, not like the US where it's lapse and can get assault rifles etc but very strict requirements and only handguns
According to a friend, hand guns are permitted in the U.K. but can only store one bullet in the magazine.
Think veterinarian.

However, surely legally possessed guns aren't the answer, as if the crims want to use a gun, they're not likely to own one legally in the first place.

One way to view it is if you defend what's yours, you're actually just protecting the insurer.
The more I think about it, the more the PoV, that it's just a piece of tin and not worth risking one's safety for, seems the way to go.
:shrug:

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is this the best place to publish your individual security measures?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
if ford made a ghost imobiliser, it wouldn't work, because the ECU is ripped sooo fast , whereas the ghost is unique.

Ghost is what i run, coupled with a 'no throttle map' which requires special button presses to change the map... in short if you somehow get in and turn the car on afte rknowing the ghost........... you wont be able to move.
Of course your car has the best factory fitted deterrent of all ;)

:bolt:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Of course your car has the best factory fitted deterrent of all ;)

:bolt:
Imagine if i got a female only mod... like a convertible, as well, then it would deter even the gayest of crooks.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
We had this convo before, i have a sword and a dagger by my bed..... i will shank them (insert comedic tone that didn't go down well the last time i wrote this)
You Brits are very impractical. Almost impossible to put someone down with a sword/knife without ruining your clothes with blood stains. That's why I always back off several feet from criminals before shooting them (aiming to avoid major arteries near the surface).

eldar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - My2017
You Brits are very impractical. Almost impossible to put someone down with a sword/knife without ruining your clothes with blood stains. That's why I always back off several feet from criminals before shooting them (aiming to avoid major arteries near the surface).

Us Brits kind of work on the principle that if no-one has a gun, fewer people get shot. And it works. 50 to 60 people a year murdered by guns, UK. Around 8,000 in the US.

We sort out the bad guys by either a strongly worded email, pointing at them or running away. That scares them:)

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although stabbings is a different story! Apparently the murder rate in London is now worse than New York

OP
OP

l30bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Shadow Edition
I am of the opposite tact. I don’t hide my keys and won’t block the signal.

If someone wants the car and is willing to steal it they can have it. If they clone the keys so don’t come in the house fine. If they can’t and want the keys they are by the front door. There is no need for them to go near me or my family. It’s a car. It has an alarm and factory security. If they want it then insurance can deal with it. I would rather someone didn’t come up the stairs in the night demanding to know how to start it after breaking in.

Extra security is all well and good but if they want it. They are going to take it. I’m not interested in defending a car when there are more important things in my house.

Now to wait for the heroes who will defend it and tell you they know kung fu or carry a gun etc. It’s only a car and insurance and gap are there for a reason.
hmmmmm I know what your saying.....I thoght about this GAP insurance..its ether protect yourself with GAP or protect the car with ghost.....

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got 4 years GAP cover through Ford for ÂŁ415

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree with [MENTION=20570]Heretian[/MENTION], if a crim wants my car, or more commonly, a group of crims, they can very well have it if they're desperate. I value my internal organs more than a V8. Though I suppose I could use my curl bar as a make-shift bludgeoning device. A steel rod to the bonce is pretty effective! :D Though, knowing the laws pretty much everywhere except Florida, I'd be arrested and a tribute would be paid to the little shit.

That's not to say I wont take preventative measures though. Keys will be somewhere safe and as far away from the car as possible. Nothing of value will be left in the car (not that anything in a Mustang will be taking their fancy when they have their eyes on a Mustang). I'll probably put an old-school steering wheel lock on the car, which are far more effective than people give them credit for if you buy a decent one.

Ones like the Stoplock Pro can only be removed if you've got a bag of cordless tools with you, and you'd have to cut through the steering wheel, making the car worthless and probably undrivable as a result. Not to mention the sheer noise of angle grinding through steel that will alert everyone in the street in a heartbeat.

Disklock is also a good one, if a bit cumbersome to install.

My old car was always wedged behind my parent's Nissan Leaf on the drive, but I'm moving out soon so I wont have the "parked behind a piece of shit no one wants to be seen dead in" tactic to deter people. :lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
A sign in the front window that reads "Fitted with Stock Ford Oil Cooler".
If that doesn't deter then hell mend them ;)
Sponsored