CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
TLDR, how does everyone know that that's how they got into the car? I locked my keys in my car, at a car show actually, and had to call roadside assistance. They arrived and used a Wedge, connected to a balloon, that went in between the frame and the window. He pumped up the balloon so that the window bulged out enough to leave a 1 inch gap allowing this fiberglass rod to reach the unlock button. Took literally 30 seconds.

If they were to of done the prox amplifier, wouldn't they of been able to start and leave immediately?
Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Yeah, if someone wants in badly enough; they'll get in. All we can do is what we can to give us peace of mind.

SLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This is hilarious. Cars are no easier or harder for thieves to get into or steal than they have ever been. Simple fact is if they want it, it's gone. If they want in they will get in.

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
They could have just pried the window away from the seal and hit the unlock button with a rod?

Sponsored

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You could always ask the cops to just ask them. I bet they would tell you.

wag4513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertable
They showed a surveillance camera on the news here. It showed a perp using a small fob sized device to unlock a car door so he could get in and rob the car. Then it showed him using the device to unlock a new Bentley and drive it off.

I want a switch that disconnects the starter from power. It can be hidden anywhere you like and you have to turn it on before the car will start.

When I worked in the oil field 50 years ago we had an oil gauge that we used on engines that were unattended. If oil pressure dropped it would ground out the ignition and stop it. To start the engine the gauge had a pin that held the needle off the contact and the engine could be started. Something like that could be in plain sight and the normal thief would know what to do.

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
They could have just pried the window away from the seal and hit the unlock button with a rod?

Exactly its very easy to get in these mustangs, theres no frame that tucks the window in around the top back of the window.

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
http://www.fobguard.com/ Just came across this thread and looked this up. Glad my GT sleeps in an alarmed garage. We live in a gated community and our personal driveway is gated too. So I sleep well at night. I'm getting the fobguard for travel and work.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Exactly its very easy to get in these mustangs, theres no frame that tucks the window in around the top back of the window.
I may be wrong, but I think if the car is alarmed and the unlock button on the inside of the door is pushed the alarm will go off. Sit in your car and have someone lock/alarm it with the FOB, then hit the unlock button from inside and open the door.

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
16' Mustang Ecoboost *Magnetic* Prem.
I may be wrong, but I think if the car is alarmed and the unlock button on the inside of the door is pushed the alarm will go off. Sit in your car and have someone lock/alarm it with the FOB, then hit the unlock button from inside and open the door.

My Focus did that to me on a date. I was an idiot and locked my car from the inside with my remote, next minute I hit the unlock button from the inside and opened the door. Alarm went crazy, scared the shit out of us.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
That's why mine stays in the garage... We left both our Raptors outside last week. I usually put my wife's in the garage with the mustang but was lazy that night, forgot to lock them and in the morning everything from the consoles was strung all over the seats...

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
mine stays in the garage. you cant have nice stuff these days without people wanting to mess with your sheet.

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
http://www.fobguard.com/ Just came across this thread and looked this up. Glad my GT sleeps in an alarmed garage. We live in a gated community and our personal driveway is gated too. So I sleep well at night. I'm getting the fobguard for travel and work.
Thanks for posting that link, I will order 2 from Amazon (have a gift card to use still). Mine is in the garage too but more so concerned while traveling or around town for everyday routines.
Sponsored