Just a heads up

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I read that the antistatic bags that you get computer parts would do the same for preventing the remote to work. I tested it and I had no impact my remote worked right through the antistatic bag.
Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Still no way to turn off the proximity thing? I guess if you could, then the car wouldn't start either. I will say this, though. Insurance on my 2015 Mustang is cheaper than on my 2012 Civic. Honda's are still the most stolen cars I think, but the Mustang has got to be worth 3-4X what the Civic is.

Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.
My old civic was stolen... Cops said you can jam a small knife into the ignition and just drive off.

I got one of those club things for my car and I don't keep anything valuable in it.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
My old civic was stolen... Cops said you can jam a small knife into the ignition and just drive off.

I got one of those club things for my car and I don't keep anything valuable in it.

The club is pretty much useless since all someone has to do is use a hack saw on your steering. They cut right thru and open the steering wheel and pull the club out. But then again who carry's a hack saw?

Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The club is pretty much useless since all someone has to do is use a hack saw on your steering. They cut right thru and open the steering wheel and pull the club out. But then again who carry's a hack saw?
Sure they can saw through it... But it's a lot of work... And there's a hundred cars nearby where they wouldn't have to saw through a metal bar... Hardly useless. No car is safe against a determined thief,but just thieves will go for the lower hanging fruit.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide