• Total voters

CarmeloS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carmelo
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands
Long story short, basically done with my Bronco, but also need a little speed and am thinking of getting a car. Obviously Manual and with a ton of aftermarket support, thinking saving up for a downpayment, get something no more than $20k-ish.

Thing is, with what I can spare to save for it, won't be set until mid or late summer, so thinking roughly $3k July vs $4k September, August won't bother as Mercury Retrograde is in effect most of the month. Could be more or less, but rough idea.

Figured I'd ask you fine peeps, thanks in advance

Carm
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you’re in NJ, and aren’t in a rush to buy then hold out for the winter months (Nov-Feb) where most dealers will be more willing to take a hit on and move any “sports car”, “muscle car”, convertible XYZ, or non-AWD vehicles over their truck/SUV inventory…

Also don’t ever show your cards when buying a new or used vehicle on a lot. Get their best offer/pricing first in writing with all of their applied manufacturer or dealer discounts (if applicable). After having their best offer/deal in writing, only then do you let them know you have a trade in (if trading the Bronco)…. If you tell them up front you have a trade you’ve already suckered yourself into their numbers game and lost…. If you tell them AFTER they have already given you a sweet deal, they have no recourse now and have to give you fair trade in value which cuts the bottom line AND lowers the sales tax on the purchase. If you don’t like their trade offer then walk - they’ll be calling you back if they want to make the sale happen with a better trade offer… LOL. You want them in YOUR hands, not you in theirs with “sucker” written all over your face…. Be equipped to battle and hold your cards tight…

The other thing too - at least in NJ, don’t fall for the costs associated with the DMV registration/tags which last I experienced back in 2022 was around a $400+ hit…. If you’re not getting custom plates, tell the Dealership you want to transfer your existing tags, which nixes out that stupid fee…. I mean if not custom plates, why do you need a brand new set of generic tags when you already have an existing set? I do this every time when buying new and it pisses them off… LOL. There’s no mandatory law or provision that says when buying a new car you also have to buy new generic state issued plates.

Also if the Dealership is one to have added BS lines added to the MSRP such as $500 “pinstriping” (where pin stripe in bulk is like .50 cents a foot), $1000 carpet/upholstery protectant and/or any other BS “invisible” add ons - negotiate out of that crap…. Ask them to prove the car has the “invisible” carpet and upholstery product applied, or the supposed “ceramic coating” for $2k…. LMFAO…. People will pay without ever questioning dealership BS practices…

OP
OP
CarmeloS

CarmeloS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carmelo
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands
If you’re in NJ, and aren’t in a rush to buy then hold out for the winter months (Nov-Feb) where most dealers will be more willing to take a hit on and move any “sports car”, “muscle car”, convertible XYZ, or non-AWD vehicles over their truck/SUV inventory…

Also don’t ever show your cards when buying a new or used vehicle on a lot. Get their best offer/pricing first in writing with all of their applied manufacturer or dealer discounts (if applicable). After having their best offer/deal in writing, only then do you let them know you have a trade in (if trading the Bronco)…. If you tell them up front you have a trade you’ve already suckered yourself into their numbers game and lost…. If you tell them AFTER they have already given you a sweet deal, they have no recourse now and have to give you fair trade in value which cuts the bottom line AND lowers the sales tax on the purchase. If you don’t like their trade offer then walk - they’ll be calling you back if they want to make the sale happen with a better trade offer… LOL. You want them in YOUR hands, not you in theirs with “sucker” written all over your face…. Be equipped to battle and hold your cards tight…

The other thing too - at least in NJ, don’t fall for the costs associated with the DMV registration/tags which last I experienced back in 2022 was around a $400+ hit…. If you’re not getting custom plates, tell the Dealership you want to transfer your existing tags, which nixes out that stupid fee…. I mean if not custom plates, why do you need a brand new set of generic tags when you already have an existing set? I do this every time when buying new and it pisses them off… LOL. There’s no mandatory law or provision that says when buying a new car you also have to buy new generic state issued plates.

Also if the Dealership is one to have added BS lines added to the MSRP such as $500 “pinstriping” (where pin stripe in bulk is like .50 cents a foot), $1000 carpet/upholstery protectant and/or any other BS “invisible” add ons - negotiate out of that crap…. Ask them to prove the car has the “invisible” carpet and upholstery product applied, or the supposed “ceramic coating” for $2k…. LMFAO…. People will pay without ever questioning dealership BS practices…
Appreciate it bro.

Not trading in at all, but definitely gonna wait now, especially considering I'm looking to have a mean weekend toy and don't wanna pay a premium when everyone here panics over "Winter" (What, all combined 2 days of snow in 120 days and possibly half a foot max here by the shore?), plus more of a down payment.

Yeah, I'll bring my Dad, he can negotiate like a muthafucker, let him work out the deal. Could just wait for my birthday (December) actually with this, always gonna be something nice out there to look out, truly in no rush.

Thanks

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Most performance cars are harder to sell in the winter in the northern states. Even if it isn't snowing, shopping for used cars is no fun when it's cold. I usually wait until then to buy, especially as I buy convertibles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CarmeloS

CarmeloS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carmelo
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands
Most performance cars are harder to sell in the winter in the northern states. Even if it isn't snowing, shopping for used cars is no fun when it's cold. I usually wait until then to buy, especially as I buy convertibles.
Thats the plan, man. Should change it the title and stuff, but Ill do it later

appreciate the feedback
Sponsored