Sponsored

Jack stand and jack point locations

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Apparently the jack was only rated at raising the car 12 inches. That plus the 4 or so inches of ground clearance just didn't amount to much. But the jacking process itself is fine. The frame rails aren't too soft and the above strategy or the one in the manual works as expected. As long as it's supported on stands and you take your time there shouldn't be any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Last edited:

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
So I can jack up and put the stands right next to the jack location?

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
Harbor Freight sells cheap Chinese crap. Anybody that buys anything from there deserves the grief they get from their tools. I speak from experience since my brother-in-law bought lots of tools from there. I am lucky to be alive. lol

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I tried their jack after reading some pretty good reviews after having issues with two other pretty expensive "American" jacks. Thanks for your helpful, on-topic contribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Harbor Freight sells cheap Chinese crap. Anybody that buys anything from there deserves the grief they get from their tools. I speak from experience since my brother-in-law bought lots of tools from there. I am lucky to be alive. lol

Yes there are certain thanks at harbor freight that are basically useful for a couple of times to get a job done then trash it.

however I have two of their jacks and they have worked well for over 3 years.

Lots of this crap is all made in the same damn place.

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Check out this ranger quick jack.

I've used it for about 2 months now.

It was around 1200 shipped, worth every penny and it's super solid.
image.jpg

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
I ended up getting the Steeda jacking rails. I was able to install them with the car on the ground. I can jack up one side of the car all at once and place the jack stands on the rail. Then I jack up the other side and repeat the process. It's very quick, simple, and safe.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
what capacity quickjacks did you get??

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
what capacity quickjacks did you get??
I bought the 5000 lb, 110 ac unit. the extra long version. It fits perfectly. Just looked at the site. I think the xl is the only one they offer for the 5000 now.

I used the qj to remove my exhaust and replace with a Solo performance cat-back system. Found the 4 arrows for the jacking points embossed on the plastic edge trim. Placed the rubber blocks even with the arrows, but under the pinch welds.
Worked perfectly.

The system worked as advertised. It is heavy steel. First time I used it, I had a friend stand by while I was under the car. It is so solid that I never worried about having a "watcher" after that.

One caution: be sure to get all the hoses connected tightly. And use teflon tape for every non-o-ring connection. I was in doubt about one connect (instructions didn't say to tape it or not), so I didn't tape. Have a seeping leak that won't tighten out. It still works, but I will have to redo later (which means I will have fluid coming out when I open the hoses).

Once set up, the system is very convenient and locks in place so that the car cannot come down. I tried (forgot to unlock when lowering the car) a couple times. It is rather heavy so I just pull the units to each side and leave them there. I have an outdoor carport that I work under. Had heavy rains and it seems to handle the weather fine, as long as it's not sitting in water. Also, I had no issues with my cement, which is just a minimal standard carport pad. No signs of stress or cracking.

Packaging was perfect. No damage whatsoever. I drove to the freight depot to pick it up, rather than wait for it to be delivered to my house. They called me to set up a schedule a few days out. My experience was ultimately successful, but if doing it again I think I would just wait for it to arrive at my house. Just have some band cutters handy (tin snips would work) so you can open the small pallet and slide each item off the truck at your house. After that you can open the boxes and move each item one at a time easily. I was lucky, the guy at the depot helped me load it all in a large suv I borrowed. But I understand they do not have to help you at all. It's not like FedEx. But don't let it keep you from ordering it. My experience over all was fine.

Glad I got it. Much easier than working with jack stands.

OP
OP
USPSALIMITED

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
I ended up getting the Steeda jacking rails. I was able to install them with the car on the ground. I can jack up one side of the car all at once and place the jack stands on the rail. Then I jack up the other side and repeat the process. It's very quick, simple, and safe.
I started to get those, until I learned they are not compatible with the extra bracing that convertibles come with. Neither are the competing models. I put new catbacks on and had to temporarily remove the bracing. If you have a convert, be sure anything you install underneath will fit!:headbonk:

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
get the steeda jack rails and problem solved. i really enjoy not even really have to look to hit a good jack spot.
Sponsored