Sponsored

It's moving the right way!

mrblanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
When the VIN was issued on our TY V6 w/stick, the build date was 5/20 and the estimated delivery date was 6/7.

The car was built on the 20th and moved into "awaiting shipment." It very quickly went into "in transit," with a 6/8 delivery date.

That delivery date has steadily gone down, and was changed overnight to 5/31. The salesman will be really happy...he wants it on this month's books.

But does that delivery date mean merely at the dealership, or ready to drive home?
Sponsored

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
When the VIN was issued on our TY V6 w/stick, the build date was 5/20 and the estimated delivery date was 6/7.

The car was built on the 20th and moved into "awaiting shipment." It very quickly went into "in transit," with a 6/8 delivery date.

That delivery date has steadily gone down, and was changed overnight to 5/31. The salesman will be really happy...he wants it on this month's books.

But does that delivery date mean merely at the dealership, or ready to drive home?
It is the date it is scheduled to arrive the Dealership. It depends on two different things first where in the system it is (rail or truck) and any delays associated with those two modes of transportation.

OP
OP
mrblanche

mrblanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I'm thinking mine moved quickly because of the slowdown at the factory, fewer cars to ship on any given day. That said, it has changed back to 6/1.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
My GT premium vert was built 5/23 and the dealer says arrival week of the 5th with a window of the 6th-9th.

What slowdown?
Sponsored