Got my first ever 'muffler' ticket haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
This is where my active exhaust works well. As the cop approaches, shift it from Track to Quiet mode and show them that Toyota Camry exhaust.
Which begs a question: where does an AE car running in Track mode fit in on the general loudness scale? I hear a lot of Mustangs that sound brutally loud and frankly annoying. Since I can’t hear the Track mode exhaust from outside the car does it get into this Nascar-equivalent loudness zone?

Yeah, I know about Ford’s driver warning when you go there but it sounds pretty dang good to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Op found a beater fart can that fell off a Honda ricer. Mexico City is full of them. :wink: Kinda like flies on manure.
Dude.. Don't be hating cause my base 300A GT can out handle and out accelerate your mighty expensive MACH 1. :wink:

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
They do in Texas ... it's called "pacing". It's an estimate at best.
Pacing is different than standing roadside and estimating. My brother is a cop and he said: #1 ‐ their cruisers have the speedometer calibrated every 6 months, and #2, they can only pace (and ticket) from distances of 25 meters (100') or less and it must be for a minimum of 30 seconds.
So at his department it's not some willy-nilly guesstimate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Bet me haha
Why would I do that? IF your car is stock, you've obviously been free-basing maple syrup with the moose and beavers. If you're boosted/e85'd/otherwise modded, then it's a pointless argument to make. You could say the same thing for a GT500 vs. GT with [insert mod list here]. Obviously a modded car can beat a factory car if you put enough money into it. Stock for stock, the Mach1 is faster than a base GT.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Which begs a question: where does an AE car running in Track mode fit in on the general loudness scale? I hear a lot of Mustangs that sound brutally loud and frankly annoying. Since I can’t hear the Track mode exhaust from outside the car does it get into this Nascar-equivalent loudness zone?

Yeah, I know about Ford’s driver warning when you go there but it sounds pretty dang good to me.
A Mustang sounding "loud and annoying"? Nope.

Now, I've heard Harleys on the other hand that are down right obnoxious. So how is it that a bike can rumble louder than any car or truck and is NEVER cited for a noise violation?

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Why would I do that? IF your car is stock, you've obviously been free-basing maple syrup with the moose and beavers. If you're boosted/e85'd/otherwise modded, then it's a pointless argument to make. You could say the same thing for a GT500 vs. GT with [insert mod list here]. Obviously a modded car can beat a factory car if you put enough money into it. Stock for stock, the Mach1 is faster than a base GT.
Relax,, I was just messing with you haha

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.