Sponsored

Is anyone using the factory launch control option while drag racing?

roush_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Roushcharged S550
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone running power adders and tire are using the LC provided by Ford when drag racing on tire? I messed with it on street tires but it seemed to be pretty worthless.. Just wondering if anyone has luck with it on good rubber. And if so. What are you launching at and are you holding it to the floor the whole way out? Please share your experiences in detail if you don't mind. Thanks!
Sponsored

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
yes mine has the Roush blower ,10" drag radial. have it set on 4000, have to have petal to the floor to activate then slip the clutch on launch.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I've used it a few times, and yes throttle on the floor. It still gets really Squirrley going into second gear and third gear. I've seen some of the guys on here that are turning in the best times though saying they don't use it. What I started working on before I but my car away though was launching in 2nd gear, and I got to say I was having a lot of consistent good launches. I'd really like to see if it works or can be done, is launch control out of 2nd gear? Will the car let me?

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Most don't use it since it requires advan track to be on and then you have nannies cutting your power.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
My best launches are without LC. The nannies cut too much power off the line.

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
^ same... it cuts power too hard to be of any use IMHO.

I really dont like the LC either because I dont find it to be reliable. Sometimes it doesnt engage. I cant count how many times I stabbed the throttle to the floor and then the RPM flew right past the LC setting, sometimes banging the limiter 7500rpm if I didnt catch it immediately. Now I worry so much about it, that its less stressful to just hold the RPM myself... not to mention you look like an idiot revving the engine that high at a stop light.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
LC is worthless on any tire, IMO. I guess it can be ok for someone who doesn't really have much experience using a clutch, but as a true enthusiast, I think it's best to handle it on your own and really learn your car.

OP
OP
roush_s550

roush_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Roushcharged S550
Yeah. I feel the same way.. My best runs have been with all the nannies completely disabled and using my good old driver mod.. Thanks for solidifying my opinion!

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Has anyone tried launching in 2nd gear,? no LC and all nannies off of course. I've just stared working with this in fall. I really felt ( no track time or official #'s ) I was getting some good trap times, and much smoother out of the hole.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I used it When the car was stock and it sucked. Now that I have a tune and full bolt ons I use it every pass and it works awesome. No nannies seem to get in the way and it works good with my drag wheel and tire package.

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I used it When the car was stock and it sucked. Now that I have a tune and full bolt ons I use it every pass and it works awesome. No nannies seem to get in the way and it works good with my drag wheel and tire package.

Whats your 60'

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I don't know about since the tires. Before the tires 2.0 was by best (12.0 @120). I know it's better because it hooks on the street pretty hard. My best 0-60mph with stock tires (track app) was 5.4. The other night on a cold street it did a 4.7 with a little tire slip. Both using the LC.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
LC is worthless on any tire, IMO. I guess it can be ok for someone who doesn't really have much experience using a clutch, but as a true enthusiast, I think it's best to handle it on your own and really learn your car.
So LC is for me, then. I can drag race a motorcycle like a boss but that's all hands (for clutch operation) and I'm very good with my hands :). When I gotta involve my size 10.5s (yeah, I know... just 10.5s... sorry ladies) I'm a dead nuts ricer-grade amateur. I cry a little, even....:gossip:

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I went to the track last night using the launch control and here are the results. A slip and a video showing how the car acted.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
its fun to play with but my best sixty foot times have been in race mode without it.
Sponsored