Sponsored

is 400hp on the V8 realistic with...

Raiderjoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Intake, full exhaust (to include long tubes) and a tune?

Seeing that the base is around 375, would these upgrades put you up north of 400hp?

Excuse my ignorance, I'm not familiar with how much it takes to make the coyotes push more horses out.
Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
I'd assume you're talking about RWHP since the V8 already makes 435 crank HP.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Tune, exhaust (offroad), and cai already makes over 400 rwhp on the current car. So it should be similar to the 2015 with the same mods.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
If some of the dyno claims we're seeing can be believed, you could hit that with just a tune OR catback exhaust.

But I think it's safe to say that both a tune and exhaust should easily get you to 400+.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Intake, full exhaust (to include long tubes) and a tune?

Seeing that the base is around 375, would these upgrades put you up north of 400hp?

Excuse my ignorance, I'm not familiar with how much it takes to make the coyotes push more horses out.
The base is 435. Who cares about wheel horsepower?

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
The base is 435. Who cares about wheel horsepower?
Because unless you want to pull your engine out of the car and put it on a dyno, wheel HP is the only way we have to measure engine performance improvement... (besides track times, which can be hit or miss)

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
You're a funny guy :lol: bring on the backlash for that comment. I guess dyno numbers are just obsolete to you. ;)
Dyno numbers are important, but only engine dynos, not chassis dynos. If you're going to be removing the engine to bore the cylinders and install new pistons and new cranks and new connecting rods and a new manifold and new jackets and everything else you have to do to tune an engine, you might as well dyno it to get the real power numbers rather than the fake numbers you get after parasitic loss.

Sponsored

Scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Infiniti G37
Because unless you want to pull your engine out of the car and put it on a dyno, wheel HP is the only way we have to measure engine performance improvement... (besides track times, which can be hit or miss)

WORD!!!

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
Dyno numbers are important, but only engine dynos, not chassis dynos. If you're going to be removing the engine to bore the cylinders and install new pistons and new cranks and new connecting rods and a new manifold and new jackets and everything else you have to do to tune an engine, you might as well dyno it to get the real power numbers rather than the fake numbers you get after parasitic loss.
Yeah that's what most people do just pull the engine from their new car. I'll take the chassis dyno and live with the parasitic loss.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yeah that's what most people do just pull the engine from their new car. I'll take the chassis dyno and live with the parasitic loss.
If you're going to be tuning it in any significant way, you have to pull the engine out of the car. Unless you think you can bore the block with it still in the engine mounts...