oldskoolfunk

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Widebody S550 Slammed
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I just picked up a 2016 Mustang V6 convertible yesterday. Ruby Red with black interior. This is my 3rd Mustang over the years. The first was a 1976 Cobra II. Honestly the worst car I have ever owned.
The second was way better. That was a 2007 Shelby GT. I sold that a couple of years ago. The new car is my and my wife's 40th wedding anniversary / retirement present to ourselves. I look forward to reading all the helpful tips and insights here on the forum.
get air lift performance bags best suspension ever
Sponsored

mspenc45

mspenc45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
GT350 rear modes

Congrats - when you are ready to take your 2017 Mustang GT to the next level ... let us know :)

TJ
Does anyone know if the GT350, I have a 2017, has upgraded parts in the rear, or does the car still benefit from aftermarket parts like the links, frame bracket, etc?

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hello all. My name is Brandon and I am a big car enthusiast and mustang fan. About a month ago I bought a 2015 black GT premium with 20" foundry wheels. I went with the auto for several reasons including:

• Convenience, since its my daily driver and only car (driving a manual after packed sporting events and concerts is not fun). 90% of my driving is highway so it really doesnt matter for that portion of the trip anyways.
  • The fact that it took me 8 months to locate a GT for the price I wanted with the features I wanted, a clean title, and decent mileage within 200 miles of Kansas. And that is with 2 different dealers searching within their network across the country.
  • I think the paddle shifters are cool as hell and remind me of playing Forza and Gran Turismo, even though they certainly arent the best on the market
  • I suck at driving manual since I didnt have the opportunity to learn to drive stick shift until I was 23 (just turned 25) and am still slow at shifting, not extremely smooth, and forget about anything fancy like heel toe shifting or rev matching... its not happening
I often wish I would have gone stick, but this car came along at a tremendous price and checked all the boxes for features and mileage that I wanted so I pulled the trigger and really have no regrets. Besides, I can have something to look forward to in a 2020 model (hopefully Ford still makes manual transmissions by then...)

IMG_02751.jpg

cbgogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Hey everyone,

Got my 2017 GT/CS back in February and have been loving it since. It's such a huge change coming from my 4-cylinder Ranger. Haven't done too much to it, mostly cosmetic stuff. Current mod list is:

• GT350 start button
  • WM Garage automatic shifter
  • 3M Crystaline tint (50%)
  • GT350R steering wheel
IMG_0135.JPG

Blacksmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
2017 Mustang GT

Hey everyone, new guy, just picked up a 2017 Mustang GT PP in Magnetic. Nothing special here just a new car, my first new car, hopefully Ford doesn't disappoint. I did have the check engine light come on driving home from the dealership which sucks. Hopefully it's something stupid, it's been raining here in Maryland for a few days straight, look forward to conversing with you all.

fdLg52Q.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
Hey everyone, new guy, just picked up a 2017 Mustang GT PP in Magnetic. Nothing special here just a new car, my first new car, hopefully Ford doesn't disappoint. I did have the check engine light come on driving home from the dealership which sucks. Hopefully it's something stupid, it's been raining here in Maryland for a few days straight, look forward to conversing with you all.

fdLg52Q.jpg
Check engine light thing sucks mine broke a valve spring at and 100 miles it took another two days for me to be able to get my car. But since then it's been awesome

Last edited:

Blacksmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good to hear that since you got the valve spring replaced it's been awesome. Hopefully mine isn't anything serious but that's what a warranty is for I suppose.

mspenc45

mspenc45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Several little nuisance quality issues has been my experience so far with my 2 week old 2017 GT350. Nothing to undermine my total love of the car, but sort of a shame. Left rocker panel ground effect had half the pop in fasteners missing, and my rear left CV boot had a tiny little pin hole in it where it was obviously damaged during install. The dealer is treating me right, but learning at the same time. Brought the car in on Monday morning only to be sent home as they learned that Ford requires them to replace all the hardware during the half shaft replacement :( I'll be back in tomorrow for the replacement.

Blacksmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That's a bummer dude, it kinda makes me feel a little better that it's not just me, but yea I suppose we can't have it all. A fast car that looks amazing is probably going to be a little less reliable. I expect my dealer will be good as well, hopefully, I really just want to drive the car.

mspenc45

mspenc45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
New car issues

That's a bummer dude, it kinda makes me feel a little better that it's not just me, but yea I suppose we can't have it all. A fast car that looks amazing is probably going to be a little less reliable. I expect my dealer will be good as well, hopefully, I really just want to drive the car.
Wait till you try to figure out the best option for paint protection, man, no great options considering that the factory stripes are somewhat satin, thus any clear paint protection will cause them to go gloss in the covered area. I guess not so bad if you do a partial hood as only the front end of the stripes would be glossed. If you do the whole hood then the rest of the stripes are still satin. Ugh!

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wait till you try to figure out the best option for paint protection, man, no great options considering that the factory stripes are somewhat satin, thus any clear paint protection will cause them to go gloss in the covered area. I guess not so bad if you do a partial hood as only the front end of the stripes would be glossed. If you do the whole hood then the rest of the stripes are still satin. Ugh!
yeah, that is a tough call... Xpel film might be a better option, but then if you want to change the stripes they are buried underneath....Might be worth removing the stripes, doing paint protection and then reappyling...

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Several little nuisance quality issues has been my experience so far with my 2 week old 2017 GT350. Nothing to undermine my total love of the car, but sort of a shame. Left rocker panel ground effect had half the pop in fasteners missing, and my rear left CV boot had a tiny little pin hole in it where it was obviously damaged during install. The dealer is treating me right, but learning at the same time. Brought the car in on Monday morning only to be sent home as they learned that Ford requires them to replace all the hardware during the half shaft replacement :( I'll be back in tomorrow for the replacement.
I've been hearing a rattling sound from the left ground effect thing when I drive. I'm going to check the fasteners now too!

mustanggoblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
From Dodge Scat to Stang

Hey Everyone,

Quick Hello, I just bought my 2017 Mustang GT and yes I've fallen in love. I went from Mopar to Ford Performance. Currently under 1000 miles and already have a MRT H with Roush Axel Back, Injen CAI and of course the Steeda clutch spring with the black Steeda reverse lock out. Can't wait to keep on making changes and learning from everyone.

Also own an gem 1993 Fox Body, which is undergoing a complete revamp. Hopefully within a year I'll have her back on the road.

Nice to meet everyone
image1.jpg
image2.jpg

JWalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
First Mustang

Hello everybody,

I've been lurking around for a few weeks and figured it was time to join in the fun. I have a 2015 GT Premium and it is by far my favorite car I have owned. To my neighbors delight, I am running an H-pipe into some Roush axle-backs...a set-up that ensures everyday starts with a smile, haha.

Here is an old shot of my car taken towards the end of summer in Red Rock Canyon, north of Las Vegas. Since that picture I have blacked out my chrome emblems and tinted the windows. I can't wait to get more mods rolling, and I look forward to chatting with you all!
5.jpg

GTDRPTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible Premium
New member from Seattle area...

Hi all, I became a Mustang owner this past Thursday.

I made the mistake of getting an EcoBoost convertible as a rental and really enjoyed it. So did my wife who has always wanted a convertible. Started looking into cost, options, etc. thinking the EcoBoost would be a nice upgrade from my Kia Optima SX Turbo without giving up too much in the way of MPG since it would handle my 90 mile round trip commute.

Started looking around and wasn't really finding one with the options I wanted BUT, Bickford Ford in Snohomish had a pretty good deal on a GT for only a grand over what MSRP on what an equally equipped EB would be.

I love a bargain and if I am gonna buy a Mustang, might as well go big. Will probably regret it if gas prices get over $3 a gallon again, but then I will remember that it isn't any worse than when I was commuting in my 2006 Jeep Liberty that never did better than 18.5mpg commuting instead of the Optima that got 28...

Here are the particulars...

2017 GT Convertible Premium 5.0L
Equipment Group 401A
6 Speed Auto
20" Foundry black wheels
Rear Sensing System
P265/35R20 Summer tires
3.55 rear end
Adaptive Cruise control
Navigation system

I love the Dark Saddle seat panels and the Magnetic Metallic is my wife's favorite color. Pictures don't really capture how she sparkles in the sun. Just a quick cell phone pics stopping for lunch after taking delivery...

34152237862_615178afbd_c.jpg
Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr
Sponsored

Last edited: