Interior Noises

Tony Reco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
Not a huge problem however , the turning knob for controlling the headlights, rattles like crazy at moderately high speeds and/or when bass from radio is playing. I can push it in and out with very little play. Also, but not always the 8in media screen has had movement noise coming from it sometimes.

Am I the only one with this first world problem ??
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I'd be pissed. I hate rattles.

TEXAS BAMF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red Recaros
Have not had those particular ones, but I have a vibrating rattle intermittently from A-pillar that seems to be it being too close to dash at base of windshield. Like yours if radio turned up it is more likely to occur. Once I push in on dash and out on A-pillar it goes away.

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
Not a huge problem however , the turning knob for controlling the headlights, rattles like crazy at moderately high speeds and/or when bass from radio is playing. I can push it in and out with very little play. Also, but not always the 8in media screen has had movement noise coming from it sometimes.

Am I the only one with this first world problem ??
I have the rattle by the headlight knob as well. I thought it was the dash panel itself though. If I push on the panel surrounding the knob area, the rattle goes away. Is it a minor problem ... yes. However, I don't think that a brand new car should have rattles.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I have the rattle by the headlight knob as well. I thought it was the dash panel itself though. If I push on the panel surrounding the knob area, the rattle goes away. Is it a minor problem ... yes. However, I don't think that a brand new car should have rattles.
Well if you take it in they will say everything is functioning as normal:frusty:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tony Reco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
Well I would like to know how to take that panel off and maybe I can find something to put behind the knob? Idk, but I do know I'm not going to drive for the next ten years hearing that damn thing rattle!

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Just put it in the automatic setting and then superglue it.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
I had a rattle on the freeway from the Window, a quick up and down resolved it. Will mention to dealer at first service as an FYI.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tony Reco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
I'm taking mine by the dealership this Friday and hopefully this fix shouldn't take longer than 5-10 minutes .

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Mine is definitely in the surrounding panel, most specifically toward the right side where it narrows down. it has some good movement along with a resultant creak.

Although I think where it touches the lower metal panel, it also has some movement and creaking, but that my go away if the right side is solidified.

I'm definitely going to take it in and have them remove and glue/fix it. It drives me crazy. I'm glad that's the only one I hear though, it should be easy enough to fix.

OP
OP

Tony Reco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
My panel feels stuck solid thankfully. Just can't keep that damn knob to stay still unless I drive while holding it down .

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
1500 miles , no rattles, still running solid.
Sponsored