Sponsored

Interior Chrome Trim

Johnny 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' GT Premium, 6MT
Can someone please make a kit to cover all of the chrome bits on the interior of this car? Stick on would be great.

I love this car, but the one thing I hate is all of the chrome inside. It drives me crazy. I can't be the only one? Has anyone found a solution other than vinyl?
Sponsored

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'd at least like for Ford to chrome the pony on the steering wheel with the same process as the chrome ring that is also on the steering wheel.

I mean holy sh*t that annoys the crap out of me.

OP
OP

Johnny 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' GT Premium, 6MT
That and the glare when the sun hits it and temporarily blinds me. I just don't think chrome belongs in an interior at all. It just feels outdated.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
The glare hasn't been much of an issue, but the hilarious juxtaposition of chromed plastic bezels for gauges and vents sitting on a real engine-turned aluminum dash is pretty noticeable.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I vinyl-wrapped my bezels and that helped glare a ton. That said, I'd love if there were a kit to cover ALL of the fake chrome on the interior, from the shifter bezel to the door and grab handles to the horn ring.

Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I "stick on" kit would look awful due to shape and contours of the oem pieces. A factory replacement kit would be unlikely (tooling costs, low volume) and would require a very involved installation.

I'd say use some red scotch pads and scuff up the chromed plastic, it'll give it a nice satin finish. OR you could get the oem 18' satin trim, but it'll be pricey.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I see a lot of peeps are complaining about glare from the "chrome" and other dash attributes..... I have a GT/CS vert and I really don't see what all the complaining is about.:shrug:

I can honestly say, No glare or reflecting has impeded my viewing of the dash, radio or road.:)

All is good for me.....:thumbsup:

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I see a lot of peeps are complaining about glare from the "chrome" and other dash attributes..... I have a GT/CS vert and I really don't see what all the complaining is about.:shrug:

I can honestly say, No glare or reflecting has impeded my viewing of the dash, radio or road.:)

Same for me :shrug:

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase

Because we are so happy when are tops down, we don't worry about the small things in life:D

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I think only once or twice I noticed glare and it was only for a second or two. But personally, I don't like it at all. It looks tacky af. Its 2017, the fake chrome can go back a decade and stay there. I love my 2015 overall, but the pastichrome and lack of a digital speedo are my biggest gripes. Glad they corrected it for 2018, but that front end is a face only a mother could love.

OP
OP

Johnny 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' GT Premium, 6MT
I think only once or twice I noticed glare and it was only for a second or two. But personally, I don't like it at all. It looks tacky af. Its 2017, the fake chrome can go back a decade and stay there. I love my 2015 overall, but the pastichrome and lack of a digital speedo are my biggest gripes. Glad they corrected it for 2018, but that front end is a face only a mother could love.
Definitely agree it looks tacky and belongs in the past. Digital speedo would be nice too, hopefully someone will find that buried in the As-Built.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
same here for me. I think chrome on / in a car is a beautiful thing. I'm glad Ford stepped up to the plate and delivered on an aesthetically pleasing interior. :ford:
If there was no chrome in the interior and plastic or something similar was used there would be complaints that Ford took the cheap way out and we paid euros/ USD 30K- 40K for a cheap interior.
Sponsored