Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I really don't like threads like these. Everyone posts a premium amount with no consideration to the many variables that make up said premium. If this is to be an effective comparison thread there needs to be, at the very least, a cohesive format followed. I've been in the insurance business since I was 15 so I like to think I've learned a thing or two :lol:

At the very minimum these items need to be included with your premium to make a reasonable comparison:
Carrier
State
Comp/Collision Limits
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Major Medical Amount/PIP
Deductible

Additionally, there are couple optional coverage's to consider:
Accident Forgiveness (carries like Allstate charge an additional 10-13% premium for accident forgiveness)
Rental Car Reimbursement/Towing
Aftermarket Equipment Coverage
Accidental Death Coverage
GAP Insurance

And lastly you have discounts that people often overlook:
Pay in full discounts (usually 5% savings for most carriers)
Multi-line/Multi-car discounts (can be upwards of 10-12% savings depending on carrier and what lines you have)

There are, of course, additional considerations but nothing that I can think of on the spot that would have a drastic effect on premium. Car color, despite what people seem to think, is NOT relevant to determining a rate :shrug:
IF thats the case, then explain to me how Allstate wanted to charge me almost 4x what my current premium is every 6 months for the same car i drive now? What in particular are they basing their quote on? (Im with geico and i pay 375 every 6 months and Allstate wanted 1400.)
Sponsored

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I really don't like threads like these. Everyone posts a premium amount with no consideration to the many variables that make up said premium. If this is to be an effective comparison thread there needs to be, at the very least, a cohesive format followed. I've been in the insurance business since I was 15 so I like to think I've learned a thing or two :lol:

At the very minimum these items need to be included with your premium to make a reasonable comparison:
Carrier
State
Comp/Collision Limits
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Major Medical Amount/PIP
Deductible

Additionally, there are couple optional coverage's to consider:
Accident Forgiveness (carries like Allstate charge an additional 10-13% premium for accident forgiveness)
Rental Car Reimbursement/Towing
Aftermarket Equipment Coverage
Accidental Death Coverage
GAP Insurance

And lastly you have discounts that people often overlook:
Pay in full discounts (usually 5% savings for most carriers)
Multi-line/Multi-car discounts (can be upwards of 10-12% savings depending on carrier and what lines you have)

There are, of course, additional considerations but nothing that I can think of on the spot that would have a drastic effect on premium. Car color, despite what people seem to think, is NOT relevant to determining a rate :shrug:
That's why I added the points you copied (in bold) to my thread...trying to keep apples-apples...

We just switched to StateFarm from Allstate on our cars and saved about 50% per yr for same coverage

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
State Farm 66 a month clean record 32 yrs old 500 deductible no renters insurance and no towing. That's all I know from memory. Oh and multiple car discount I have three plus a horse trailer.

2015 GT Premium

Threads
Reaction score
IF thats the case, then explain to me how Allstate wanted to charge me almost 4x what my current premium is every 6 months for the same car i drive now? What in particular are they basing their quote on? (Im with geico and i pay 375 every 6 months and Allstate wanted 1400.)
That's not a question I can really answer without knowing all of the circumstances. I can say that I no longer write for Allstate and have moved to an Independent Agency and prior to leaving we had several cancellations a day due to rate increases in NJ. I am using GEICO myself and have been very happy with it thus far but I also shop around every year just to get a feel for the market.

That's why I added the points you copied (in bold) to my thread...trying to keep apples-apples...

We just switched to StateFarm from Allstate on our cars and saved about 50% per yr for same coverage
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RedFive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - DIB
I just got my insurance updated, my 6 month premium went up $13 coming from a 2003 Mustang GT. Total for 6 months is $308 for the '15 Mustang GT. I think its a killer deal, I'm with Progressive if anyone is curious.

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I'm kind of pissed. Mine went up $50 per 6 months from a 2013 with less safety options. I complained and was told that I'm getting every discount possible on my policy. I was paying $113/month for both my 2013 GT Premium A/T and the Wife's 2013 Escape Titanium. Now we're above $120, and that's with $1000 deductibles for both collision and comprehensive on both cars, no rental insurance, no underinsured motorist and having our homeowners policy through them as well. Oh, and no at fault accidents OR tickets in since before we switched about 4.5 years ago.

It looks like Geico is marginally cheaper on Auto and Home each, but I have to talk to them on the phone because I can't find a way to show the discount of having both Auto + Home with Geico on their website. Everyone else has been about the same price I'm paying now, without seeing the combo pricing. I'm thinking that I can save a little by switching, but I really wish these websites would allow you to see the combined savings of having auto and homeowners together.

arban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Over $200/mo?!!!! Wtf!!

I have geico on my FX4 just ran a quote for a 15GT removing my truck and it was $110/mo. I'm also 22....

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Try living in Tampa and you'll pay WAY more even if you drive the cheapest little car. I'm 50, no tickets, no accidents, credit/fico rating as high as you can get, and I pay $1200 per year no matter if it was my Porsche, GTI, Truck, SUV, etc. Tampa sucks because we have such a high theft and scam rate. I expect the mustang to be about the same.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
I pay 375 through geico every 6 months for my Taurus (26, 2 accidents over 7 years ago, 2 tickets) and for an ecoboost they want 429. For a GT, they want 50 bucks more. Very, VERY reasonable.

Allstate, on the other hand, wants almost 1500 every 6 months from me for an ecoboost and i can't understand why.
I guess it really depends (driving record aside) on what level of coverage you want and what deductible is good for you. I tend to go a bit on the high side on my coverage and low on the deductible. State Farm is $585 every 6 months... but I'm an old fart too, I'm sure there is cheaper out there.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
I just got an email from my ins. company and they are telling me its a six month increase of $544 to add my GT PP Premium.....my monthly bill is going to go up $100 a month...Im 37 years old, male and no wrecks or tickets. Sounds high to me.
Sponsored