Sponsored

Insurance info

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Insurance is getting out of hand across the board. Cars, home owners, etc. We had a hail storm that did damage to several of our cars and our roof. At first, I contemplated not claiming the cars and the roof of my house because I didnt want my rates to go up. When thinking about it more, I realized they will go up because of other claims, I went ahead and filed.
Our rates went nuts this year (renewed last week). Here's our year-to-year percentage changes with our current carrier for the last 3 policy years, with no claims or incidents for either driver on the policy:
Carsbase yearup 3.7%up 30.0%
Housebase yearup 10.4%up 27.7%
Umbrellabase yearup 6.3%up 16.1%

Talking with our agent, she's seeing that across all her customers and across all the companies in the state. It's just insane.
Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I read in Motor Trend I think that 0-60 in a s550 with a 10 speed auto is almost .5 sec quicker that the 6 speed manual…true?
Assuming everything is identical in both cars (rear end gearing, suspension, tires, etc.) I would say the 10R80 would always be faster not only because of the closer gear ratio spacing but I don't know of any driver who can shift gears without having fractions of a second of no acceleration (which would occur between shifts). It could be greater than 0.5 seconds (if the driver is crappy at shifting) or just a smidge less (if he's a real pro at it). But nonetheless, the auto (if not manlfunctioning) will be quicker not just in 0-60 but 1/4 mile as well.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I know there was a posting on insurance but couldn't find it. Sorry.heres recent article on the rise in insurance

https://www.aol.com/car-insurance-rates-haven-t-192627122.html
I think those rates also matter where you live. In Hawaii, my 2012 Honda was about $215 for 6 months and my 2020 GT was a couple of dollars less for the same 6 months with the exact same full coverage. However here on the mainland my Honda went up to about $320 and the GT went almost to $500. I suspect that the claims here on Mustang GTs are much more frequent and higher than where I was in Hawaii. These premiums includes my multi-car, multi-policy discounts as well as my driving discounts where they rate you on speed, acceleration, deceleration, cornering and cell phone use.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Hmm, I must be an outlier in terms of rate increases. My homeowners went down about 100 bucks per year in June of 23 and my car insurance has gone down 5-7 bucks per month on the last 4 of my 6 month renewal cycles with the last one renewing in Jan 3 of 2024. I have full coverage on a 2000 GMC Seirra 1500 and 2020 mustang ecoboost at 300/100 and liability and uninsured.

To be fair I do not drive a lot of miles, less than 5000 per year in the stang and less than 1000 in the GMC if that makes any difference. My GMC has a 34 gallon fuel tank and in Nov 22 I filled the tank to full one time and still had 1/3 tank of fuel left in Nov of 23. Tank of fuel in stang last at minimum 30 day or more as well.
Also have near perfect credit rating and only debt is payment on mustang.

I do shop for insurance every 4 to 5 years so have no loyalty to one company.

BD

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Our rates went nuts this year (renewed last week). Here's our year-to-year percentage changes with our current carrier for the last 3 policy years, with no claims or incidents for either driver on the policy:
Carsbase yearup 3.7%up 30.0%
Housebase yearup 10.4%up 27.7%
Umbrellabase yearup 6.3%up 16.1%

Talking with our agent, she's seeing that across all her customers and across all the companies in the state. It's just insane.
Not sure where you live but 30% sounds right. Washington state resident here, car insurance went up close to 40% this billing cycle....

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I think that's just their standard response. They like to give vague responses like "it's going up for everyone" or "everything is must more expensive these days".

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
A 30% or 40% increase is just pure GREED…. That is all it is… and these Ins. Co.’s continue to post “record profits” just as other big time conglomerates are doing… and it’s not just millions anymore, it’s BILLIONS….

There’s going to be a breaking point where the people aren’t going to take it anymore… and not just with rising Insurance costs, with everything…. I mean hell, has anyone’s salaries increased 20%, 30%, or 40%???

We’re all paying more for necessities such as food when the food packages and content is literally shrinking…. The games with home utility expenses also getting jacked higher and higher (and not because of excessive use either)….

People will only handle so much….

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Just replying to say if you are a Costco member check out their insurance. It is half what other providers I've checked out for us (State Farm, Allstate, Travelers, Cincinnati, Progressive, Hartford [via AARP]).

This is for two cars (wife and I are both over 50 now) that have 500/250 coverage due to personal umbrella reasons. $500 deductible and we pay $600 every 6 months.

I know it varies greatly by state but worth a check.

Last edited:

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Normally I'd hav very little faith in outlets like Yahoo news, but the wife sent me this, & it looks like the big picture may be legit.

The article is supported by data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, & aligns wuth what I am seeing in my own auto insurance.

Theres another component raising our rates, but every time I post about it, it gets censored by mods, or deleted.

Hint: a demographic that cannot get a license or insurance, but still manage to get behind the wheel.

Screenshot (below) a few graphs for those who don't wanna read the article about how
👇 inflation rising on insurance premiums.

(Groceries may be 1.2% as they say, but don't seem like it to me, or gas @ 1.3%. I've seen fuel rise close to a dollar, especially premium in the last quarter or 2.)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-...t-the-fastest-rate-in-47-years-130004238.html

Screenshot_20240411_125825_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240411_132602_Chrome.jpg

I'd be interested in talking to Costco as was just mentioned above by @Timeless. I have no clue who the underwriter is for Costco. If it's 1 of these companies I about to mention below, I'll probably pass.

Most who advertise heavily like Geico, Progressive, Allstate, ect, are abundant in undesirable stories, or so I have heard. Yet, its probably rumors, as I have no experience 1st hand w/these we mentioned.

All I know is I pay on a bunch for insurance on several vehs, when I can only drive 1 at time. Then my state also has personal property taxes on ea veh, tractors, trailers, bikes, side by sides, drivable equipment, ect- ea & every yr that must be paid as well.

It's the price I'm currently willing to pay to live in a state that doesn't succumb to all the nonsense we are seeing practically daily, right now acrossthe nation.
Moved our business & home, out of a 6+ million population County, to escape the nonsense, & the abundant # of uninsured drivers.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Funny you brought this up. I’ve been dealing with similar but more to the workmans comp side.

Normally I'd hav very little faith in outlets like Yahoo news, but the wife sent me this, & it looks like the big picture may be legit.

The article is supported by data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, & aligns wuth what I am seeing in my own auto insurance.

Theres another component raising our rates, but every time I post about it, it gets censored by mods, or deleted.

Hint: a demographic that cannot get a license or insurance, but still manage to get behind the wheel.

Screenshot (below) a few graphs for those who don't wanna read the article about how
👇 inflation rising on insurance premiums.

(Groceries may be 1.2% as they say, but don't seem like it to me, or gas @ 1.3%. I've seen fuel rise close to a dollar, especially premium in the last quarter or 2.)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-...t-the-fastest-rate-in-47-years-130004238.html

Screenshot_20240411_125825_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240411_132602_Chrome.jpg

I'd be interested in talking to Costco as was just mentioned above by @Timeless. I have no clue who the underwriter is for Costco. If it's 1 of these companies I about to mention below, I'll probably pass.

Most who advertise heavily like Geico, Progressive, Allstate, ect, are abundant in undesirable stories, or so I have heard. Yet, its probably rumors, as I have no experience 1st hand w/these we mentioned.

All I know is I pay on a bunch for insurance on several vehs, when I can only drive 1 at time. Then my state also has personal property taxes on ea veh, tractors, trailers, bikes, side by sides, drivable equipment, ect- ea & every yr that must be paid as well.

It's the price I'm currently willing to pay to live in a state that doesn't succumb to all the nonsense we are seeing practically daily, right now acrossthe nation.
Moved our business & home, out of a 6+ million population County, to escape the nonsense, & the abundant # of uninsured drivers.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@308 Cal. Bullitt Costco Insurance is underwritten by American Modern Insurance Group.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just looked into this and they are not accepting any new clients from California or Florida. Ridiculous.
Ouch. I can only suspect they find it risk adverse currently. Not like SC has great drivers...lol.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
The state I lived in for ~17yrs, let's one segment of the population go after a traffic incident, without any punishment or tickets/fines. Usually when they are involved in an accidentvor violation, of no seriousinjuries, as they have no drivers license or insurance to put into actionable consequences. Even speeding tickets are not issued. They don't know who they are, w/o ID ir English Language skills, so how can they issue a ticket or citations? Where would you send it & how would you enforce it when they Don't show up for court?

These things in the states called Sanctuary city's is part of why insurance is skyrocketing. I can give other examples, but it will just get this post removed by mods if we do.

The court clerks in Maricopa County, AZ made it clear to all law enforcement yrs ago, starting bk in the early/mid 2000's, not to clog up there court dockets daily with traffic violation, or accident cases, where they cannot go after the "newcomer" they cited, because they have no known address, or contact information. Without those the court cannot enforce the law upon these individuals, so they all get a free pass.
While we the taxpayers get the full punishment we have coming to us under state & federal laws on our driving & any incidents. Don't show up for court or pay your fine..?? You're getting a warrant for your arrest issued without question. Even if it's just 5mph over the speed limit, bit you failed to pay the fine or show up in court.

After seeing this situation play out several times, over the yrs in the valley, it got really annoying. Yet law enforcement will gladly put the taxpayer drivers, who have an address & identity, in jail - for things like fishing with an expired license. Or not having the additional 'trout stamp' on your fishing license to catch 1 specific species of fish. Or doing a California roll thru an empty 4 way stop sign. This situation got really bad when tgey took the AZ governor and appointed her the 1st head of Homeland Security. Then she used the Federal law enforcement agencies to go after our sheriff of the county because he would arrest these criminals who had no license, insurance, & entered the nation illegally. They tried to jail him for yrs fir enforcement of the state laws on the books he used to protect the citizens of Arizona.

Anyone who sees these things still going on today, & agrees with the nonsense Inflicted upon them, & all of us fir that matter. Certainly deserves to be forced into ridiculous insurance rates, cuz we are all payingfor this nonsense by bearingthe brunt of it financially.

Everyone thinks it's not their job to say anything, & mods, along with others cry "politics" here now, just enforces things so that nobody can address the obvious elephant in the room. Even when the issues we all are facing as car enthusiasts and owners nowadays is clearly impacting everyone of us. Cuz we all buy insurance.
Your definitely forced to with an auto loan.

Until people actually start speaking up, & standing up, it's only going to get even worse. Especially if Slip-n-Fall keeps his job next go around.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
Ouch. I can only suspect they find it risk adverse currently. Not like SC has great drivers...lol.
Ironically, I found drivers in California to be considerably better than most of the other places/states I've lived in.
At least thats how we saw it, when living in Southern Cali, & San Diego.

Somethin else may be awry in California. 🤔
Sponsored