markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Tastes change...
Back in the mid to late '70s white letters on tires was a big deal. People who didn't have them would but white tire paint sticks and paint the black letters white. Then most tires started coming with one side white and one black and you could have them mounted either way. Then directional tires became a thing and tires started coming with only black letters.
Personally I prefer black lettering but the white is certainly nostalgic.
I remember the paint sticks..Were good when you damaged the lettering against a curb also
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I'd rather have white lettering on my tires than them be shiny from having tire shine applied to them. Tires are meant to be dull black rubber not shiny, plus that stuff slings off all over the paint.

Just an old skool dinosaur here I guess.

BD

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Maybe if I read in detail about these I would have my answer, but just curious about them 'permatizing' to the sidewall, seems many if not most tires now have patterned/textured sidewalls with very little smooth real estate...now take the old GoodYear Polyglas tires, those were smooth...

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Anything you can do to draw attention away from those taillights, I guess.

To each their own.
i then lol'd when he wrote "anal" in his post šŸ¤­

i loved the white letter look, but more so on trucks. my little tacoma's got them and i think it looks better than without. only problem is over time they peel off and it starts to look crappy. but my secret to keeping them white was using comet on a brillo pad and lightly scrubbing them lol

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Maybe if I read in detail about these I would have my answer, but just curious about them 'permatizing' to the sidewall, seems many if not most tires now have patterned/textured sidewalls with very little smooth real estate...now take the old GoodYear Polyglas tires, those were smooth...
The lettering on the tire is usually smooth and you can get the stickers in the size to match the lettering on the tire. Also depends on the tire. My Continental Extreme Contact Sports are smooth all the way around.

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
At 71, my knees have been hurting so bad lately, that checking my tire pressure has become a challenge.
You prepped and applied all these letters with the tires on the car!!!!!!?
You're my new hero, and you must have titanium knees...šŸ’Ŗ
Kudos. They look great, as does the rest of the car.
Fuck the haters.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
The lettering on the tire is usually smooth and you can get the stickers in the size to match the lettering on the tire. Also depends on the tire. My Continental Extreme Contact Sports are smooth all the way around.
I didnā€™t realize that the existing letters could be ā€˜stickeredā€™ā€¦thanks for the response.

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 63yo and always made it a point to turn my tires around (before tires were directional) so the white letters were on the inside. To each his own, do whatever floats your boat. "My knees" should have it's own thread!

Sycostang67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2015 Mustang, 2001 Ram, 2012 Wrangle
Iā€™m old school too, love the look of letters on the tires. I get mine from Tredwear, did both my mustangs and have a set for the wifeā€™s jeep as well. Been on my 67 for several years with no issues and got nine months and 4k miles on the 15.
71893567344__D549AFC3-FA1D-4D29-BFF7-B00F065D148B.jpeg
IMG_3060.jpeg
IMG_2890.jpeg

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)