Hello,

I am looking to get the following stuff installed in 1 go:
Frpp shock & struts - M-18000-F
BMR cradle lockout - CB005
BMR lower control arm - BK055
BMR rear toe links - TR005
BMR vertical links - TCA045
BMR front & rear sway bar - SB043

Since I am getting it done at a garage, what kind of labour hours should I expect?
Sponsored

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Hello,

I am looking to get the following stuff installed in 1 go:
Frpp shock & struts - M-18000-F
BMR cradle lockout - CB005
BMR lower control arm - BK055
BMR rear toe links - TR005
BMR vertical links - TCA045
BMR front & rear sway bar - SB043

Since I am getting it done at a garage, what kind of labour hours should I expect?
FRPP shocks and struts took me about 4 hours a few weeks ago, but this was the second time I've taken shocks/struts off the car and already knew what to do. If you're using the stock springs, you will definitely need a spring compressor for the fronts and this will add a few minutes to each side. If using lowered springs, you probably won't need one. Also, make sure you have a mini sledge hammer (3lbs+) for the front strut bolts!

BMR cradle lockout shouldn't take more than 1 hour once the car is up on jack stands, given that you don't have any issues aligning the cradle.

Once the wheels are off, the vertical links should take no more than 1 hour for both sides. Same with the toe links.

Haven't done the sway bars or the lower control arm. I've heard the rear sway bar is relatively easy and the front sway bar is a little difficult to maneuver around. Also heard that the LCA bearing is tough. May need to take off the whole lower control arm and use a press. There's a couple of install threads of people doing this somewhere on here.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

OP
OP

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition orange 2015 GT
So I finally got the job done. The garage took 4 days but that included cervini body kit painting works as well.
I have driven the car with the new parts and I must say it feels like a different vehicle all together. However, NVH has greatly increased. When I changed tires to Nitto Invos, the road noise increased but I could still hear my quads. Now, NVH has increased 10 times, and I cannot even hear the quads! It is a bit sad, but I guess it makes up with the improved handling and cornering.

Which item out of the list adds most to the NVH?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally got the job done. The garage took 4 days but that included cervini body kit painting works as well.
I have driven the car with the new parts and I must say it feels like a different vehicle all together. However, NVH has greatly increased. When I changed tires to Nitto Invos, the road noise increased but I could still hear my quads. Now, NVH has increased 10 times, and I cannot even hear the quads! It is a bit sad, but I guess it makes up with the improved handling and cornering.

What kind of NVH are you referring to? Road noise, bump harshness, vibration?

OP
OP

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
road noise. Lots & lots of it ...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
road noise. Lots & lots of it ...
Well the LCA bearing and cradle lockout will add a little, but nothing drastic. What springs?

OP
OP

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its definitely more than little and because i got it all done at the same time, i have no idea where its coming from.

SP080.. but this was done over a year ago.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

You have a very similar mod list to what I have, almost exact. I have TCA046, not TCA045 and I have the toe bearing also and I have Ford Racing springs not BMR. But yes even when I had BMR SP080s w/ Konis and even my current setup now (very similar to yours) - NVH is greatly increased over stock.

It is probably..mostly the FRPP dampers, the LCA bearing and the cradle lockout that is causing your NVH. And those shocks are probably a little over damped for those springs. I would check the bumpstops and also maybe consider the Steeda adj bumpstops if you plan to keep that spring / shock combo.

Its taken me awhile to become accustomed to a stiff ride like this. The Ford Racing dampers make the car stick to the road, so you will feel everything because it reacts so fast and it has more control than PP shocks or base shocks. The LCA bearing will take all that and make it react even quicker. The cradle lockout I feel increases harshness because there's less give in the IRS in general, making it more connected, so changes in the road will be transmitted into the car and ultimately into you, the driver.

Real answer it's a combination of everything that is causing it. Less absorption of road forces = greater transmission of those road forces into the chassis and driver.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
its definitely more than little and because i got it all done at the same time, i have no idea where its coming from.

By road noise what do you mean exactly? Clunks, squeaks, creaks, vibrations? Or just the tires on the road and hitting bumps? You're saying you can't hear your exhaust? If that's true something is not right. I have a Gibson exhaust and I hear mine fine. I don't have that much road noise really so I'm curious as to what you are describing. The Nittos may be contributing a lot to it, because I'm on stock tires and am not having real bad road noise.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
By road noise what do you mean exactly? Clunks, squeaks, creaks, vibrations? Or just the tires on the road and hitting bumps? You're saying you can't hear your exhaust? If that's true something is not right. I have a Gibson exhaust and I hear mine fine. I don't have that much road noise really so I'm curious as to what you are describing. The Nittos may be contributing a lot to it, because I'm on stock tires and am not having real bad road noise.
Yeah I agree with this, tire/pavement noise on the highway hasn't increased more than a little bit for me, and I have the lockout and much stiffer springs, similar rate dampers. It might be that the Nittos are an inherently loud tire that was pretty well masked by all the stock rubber bits, but now that you've removed the compliance it's showing up.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT

I'd say that the FR dampers are a bit over for the SP080. That's one factor...the sways might give some side to side bumping action, the LCA and CB005 will make you feel the road more.

If everything is installed well and aligned, the actual road "noise" shouldn't increase that much. It will be harsher, most of it coming from the dampers. Vibration you'll definitely feel more due to the car being more clamped to the road, which for me, is a welcomed feeling.

One thing I noticed about the FRPP dampers is that it takes a while to break them in. The 1st week, the car was jumping all other the place, specially the first 2 days or so. It took like 2 weeks of daily driving to have them feel normal.

Putting in everything at once also screws your perception a bit, instead of getting accustomed to the effect of each mod, now you have all this instant sensory overload of stuff happening around.
Sponsored