Sponsored

Injector cleaning?

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Is it worth the effort in our cars?

I'm thinking in the back of my mind that the fuel system pressure is so high that it will naturally blast the crap out of the injectors...and of course, due to our direct injection, it will have zero effect on carbon buildup on the intake valves...:frusty:

I've always used top tier gas.

Comin' up on 7,500 miles, and I'm noticing that it's taking a little more gas now to get her moving from a dead stop (she wants to stall out a little easier!)
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Is it worth the effort in our cars?

I'm thinking in the back of my mind that the fuel system pressure is so high that it will naturally blast the crap out of the injectors...and of course, due to our direct injection, it will have zero effect on carbon buildup on the intake valves...:frusty:

I've always used top tier gas.

Comin' up on 7,500 miles, and I'm noticing that it's taking a little more gas now to get her moving from a dead stop (she wants to stall out a little easier!)
Check your plugs?

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Check your plugs?
Isn't that a bit of an undertaking on our engine? I'd be really surprised if I have already managed to foul them... ;) What's the torque spec for the plugs?

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Isn't that a bit of an undertaking on our engine? I'd be really surprised if I have already managed to foul them... ;) What's the torque spec for the plugs?
I don't think it's too hard, I'm just guessing though. I have seen a lot of plug related issues on the forums.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
It's actually quite simple. My 5 yr. old helps me do it, lol. I have a DIY for changing them on here.

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

12lb/ft

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
This engine in this car is an absolute pleasure to work on, Every single thing is easily accessible with plenty of room, Changed all my plugs and went back to the stock airbox in less than 30 mins, and I have the Ford racing strut tower bar. I love not shredding my hands in tight spaces anymore.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
By the way, running a good fuel system cleaner, like the Chevron fuel system cleaner with Techron (the best), isn't going to harm anything. There is a post on the FoST boards where people have been investigating the possibility of clogged injectors causing failures. Some of the failed cylinders had injector flow rates much lower than should have been (also much lower than the injectors on the other cylinders) and it's becoming a topic of concern. I buy up the Chevron cleaner when it's one sale for BOGO and dump a bottle in every 10k miles. It's not going to keep the valves clean, but it'll help keep the injectors clean, and that is becoming a growing topic of concern it seems.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
By the way, running a good fuel system cleaner, like the Chevron fuel system cleaner with Techron (the best), isn't going to harm anything. There is a post on the FoST boards where people have been investigating the possibility of clogged injectors causing failures. Some of the failed cylinders had injector flow rates much lower than should have been (also much lower than the injectors on the other cylinders) and it's becoming a topic of concern. I buy up the Chevron cleaner when it's one sale for BOGO and dump a bottle in every 10k miles. It's not going to keep the valves clean, but it'll help keep the injectors clean, and that is becoming a growing topic of concern it seems.
may be a stupid question but can you do this while running e30 or only 93?

Sponsored

65and15Fastbacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fastback
I've been using chevron 93 and a bottle (for up to 24 gallons) of the Techron every oil change (3-4k intervals) since new. Coming up on 12k miles. Maybe overkill but hopefully it's making a difference.

Backwoods

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Damn, I'm gonna add this to my routine oil change, you guys prooving some good points in relation to the FoST having injector issues.
Sponsored