Sponsored

IN STOCK!!! New Sync3 theme navigation from Moddiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Manufacturer said for better performance but I'm thinking it is due to a contract with the other big company they sell unit to that they changed location. We've been working to try and get a front slot but not looking good unfortunately.
Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
As I'm sure most of you know this unit is the same a couple other companies units out now just with different software. We do have the older software sync 2 theme that didn't have any issues from our testing but many wanted updated sync 3 theme so we had manufacturer working on that.
Front slot change manufacturer required unfortunately.
And with that, I was really pissed that it got pulled last minute, after we purchased from you. I'm sorry, but having to remove anything from your dash to update software is stupid. That is the equivalent of taking apart your laptop anytime you needed to update MS Office software.

X0AYHAM0X and Rabid74 provided work arounds (simple app that can be run from USB or SD) that allow files on the SD card to be updated.

I understand you may not be a software guy, but your obligation is to make it right for the customer.

BTW, thank you for replying to my PM.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Software can be updated via USB for the unit though. Navigation before work around you'd have to pull SD card out though.

Jshsharp03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Glad to hear you have issues resolved. I'm not a software guy unfortunately so any software related issues we send over to manufacturer to review. Manufacturer is still working on testing software before we release the 2nd batch of these. If they can't get it to fix time issues etc then we will just stop selling the unit as it won't be worth the trouble.

As I'm sure most of you know this unit is the same a couple other companies units out now just with different software. We do have the older software sync 2 theme that didn't have any issues from our testing but many wanted updated sync 3 theme so we had manufacturer working on that.
Front slot change manufacturer required unfortunately.
Any ETA on 2nd batch or if you will issue refunds? It has been over 30 days.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I can certainly issue a refund if you'd like. We are still waiting to get software clock issue fixed as it seems about half the people have that issue for some reason. As soon as that's fixed we'll have the 2nd batch ready to go.

Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Actually, I came across something that made me consider something I hadn't before: what do we do when Ford issues an 'official' Sync update, as they did back in March?

Do we update our Sync units? Can we update our Sync units? Will it break the software in our aftermarket units? :shrug:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I was wondering the same thing a couple days ago.

I saw in the Sync menu that there is an "Update Sync" selection. I have Sync 5.8 and I know sync 5.9 is available. Not sure I want to be the 1st to give that a shot.

Last edited:

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I was wondering the same thing a couple days ago.

I saw in the Sync menu that there is an "Update Sync" selection. I have Sync 5.8 and I know sync 6.0 is available. Not sure I want to be the 1st to give that a shot.
I'll do it tonight and let you know guys

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP Mustang GT
I really like my unit it works well other than a few short comings and the from sd slot removal. I am very happy with the unit. What I am not happy about is the fact that I did not receive a manual with my unit and requested one and received no answer my SD card died and I said I would just buy a new one and just wanted the software to install on it. And received no answer. I am more unhappy with moddiction lack of support and transparency than I am with any of the issues with the unit.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I really like my unit it works well other than a few short comings and the from sd slot removal. I am very happy with the unit. What I am not happy about is the fact that I did not receive a manual with my unit and requested one and received no answer my SD card died and I said I would just buy a new one and just wanted the software to install on it. And received no answer. I am more unhappy with moddiction lack of support and transparency than I am with any of the issues with the unit.
I'll second that, if not for my screen issue (and, unfortunately, every batch of electronics has a clunker), I'd be pretty happy with my unit (especially, now that we have an actual fix for moving files on/off the SD without yanking apart the dash).

Yes, the Moddiction team needs to work on those customer satisfaction skills.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Hi, sorry I don't remember ever seeing that request from you. Shoot me a PM or email and I will see what we can do!

The past 4-6 weeks has been tough for us as I have been out of the town more than half of that time with my wedding and then honeymoon. I am back at work full time now so I will make sure to respond as quickly as we can to any future requests or issues.

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Actually, I came across something that made me consider something I hadn't before: what do we do when Ford issues an 'official' Sync update, as they did back in March?

Do we update our Sync units? Can we update our Sync units? Will it break the software in our aftermarket units? :shrug:
I tried to update a few days ago and I could not get it to update with the USB drive. I fear I will have to go back to stock to update Sync. The instructions ask you to cycle through the AUX selector and a menu screen should come up. Unfortunately, I don't have any sort of menu when I select AUX.

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
Where did you get the update the site still says 5.9 is the current version ?

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Where did you get the update the site still says 5.9 is the current version ?
It's version 5.9. I purchased my car in January and I noticed the other day that it never got the update. But I wasn't able to update with the moddiction unit.

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
I tried to update a few days ago and I could not get it to update with the USB drive. I fear I will have to go back to stock to update Sync. The instructions ask you to cycle through the AUX selector and a menu screen should come up. Unfortunately, I don't have any sort of menu when I select AUX.
Plug the USB stick in under the arm rest. Then go to the sync button on the moddiction unit. There you will find the sync update option.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.