Sponsored

"In Production"

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My 500 has been "in production" since the 6th. How long should I wait to bug the dealer and if they have any additional info? The couple threads I found here says "times vary" but I didn't say how long it normally takes?
The last communication with the dealer said it would take a little longer to get the Stripes installed than a regular car.

M.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My 500 has been "in production" since the 6th. How long should I wait to bug the dealer about if and they have any additional info? The couple threads I found here says "times vary" but I didn't say how long it normally takes?
The last communication with the dealer said it would take a little longer to get the Stripes installed than a regular car.

M.
Ordered cars are trackable once you have the VIN via a website. One of the threads on ordered cars has the link. No need to talk to your dealer about it at all.

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ordered cars are trackable once you have the VIN via a website. One of the threads on ordered cars has the link. No need to talk to your dealer about it at all.
Thanks. I didn’t know if they had their own internal system that had more info.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Thanks. I didn’t know if they had their own internal system that had more info.
Looking for the link but haven't found yet. As far as I know once you have the VIN, you'll get the same info the dealer will. I ordered my car in 2019 though so it may have changed since my experience.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the Vin, the link and I use it daily to see if it's changed. :)

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
PCM: On order
Delivery date: Unknown
Just kidding but I imagine they are awaiting computer related parts. You can bug Noah at Ford performance, check the order status on Fords website and ask your dealer. Noah and dealer will be able to shed more light on the situation

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Well, a moment ago we randomly got an email updating us. :) It has gone to get the Stripes and it'll ship after that. I guess the Powers that be were just waiting for me to start a thread about it, lol.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
FP has the same information your dealer has, but only the dealer can tell you what the VIN is and the railcar number.

Early this year Ford restricted the information available on the tracking websites, they no longer supply the Secondary status for the car, they only supply the Primary status. The Secondary status is the most important part. As far as the official Ford tracking website, it only works for USA retail (customer ordered) cars, It doesn't work on stock (dealer ordered) cars, Canadian and Mexican cars or WDMO (Worldwide Direct Market Operations) cars.

Here is the contact info for FP. They will be able to help you find out your cars current status.

Make sure you title the e-mail as GT500 Status Check and include the last 8 of your VIN in the body of the message. Example: (M0000001) or if you don't have a VIN, you will need the Order Number and Dealer Code, These will be on the Vehicle Order Confirmation, which you should have received when you placed your order or the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement, which you should have received the day after your order was placed.

Ford Performance Info Center Inbox [email protected]
Sponsored

Last edited: