BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Able to get this much done with 2 rolls. Wish I had bought more!
..there's always next time..
*working from back to front, and have plans for coated headers..
You've inspired me to do this too! Just ordered my 2 x 50ft rolls from Amazon, with SS zipties. And also the JLT brake cooling kit (http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=701), while I am cooling-minded :crazy:

BTW, JLT's M6G 5% discount code still works: MF6G5%

Getting a bit stuck on the underhood cooling, it's easy to get more air in with grill delete or high-flow grill, but the problem is getting it out, and if you don't do that, you get worse hood lift and front end uplift. No bueno. The Tiger Racing vented hood is the awesome and expen$ive way to do it, but unfortunately it looks like all of the available heat extractor replacements for stock hood are mainly cosmetic and don't flow any more air :tsk:
Sponsored

OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
The wrapping seems to have helped quite a bit, not a single warning today at Laguna. Temps did not exceed 75 however.

More to follow on Laguna

OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
best lap from today

**edit**
Driver was off this day, I should have went with a hotel room rather than a 3.5 hour drive to/from.
/edit

Last edited:
OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
You've inspired me to do this too! Just ordered my 2 x 50ft rolls from Amazon, with SS zipties. And also the JLT brake cooling kit (http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=701), while I am cooling-minded :crazy:

BTW, JLT's M6G 5% discount code still works: MF6G5%

Getting a bit stuck on the underhood cooling, it's easy to get more air in with grill delete or high-flow grill, but the problem is getting it out, and if you don't do that, you get worse hood lift and front end uplift. No bueno. The Tiger Racing vented hood is the awesome and expen$ive way to do it, but unfortunately it looks like all of the available heat extractor replacements for stock hood are mainly cosmetic and don't flow any more air :tsk:
Good points all... I have a wild idea about how to make the high flow grill work. :D

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
That's promising that the heat wrapping may have yielded results.

I just wanted to add one thing. While this may address differential temperatures. From what I understood an acquaintance of mine who worked for Ford. There are polymer components within the transmission that may deform if cooldown laps are not done.

He would do cool down laps after about 20 minutes.

I am not sure if Ford is using the Differential temperature of it as a earlier warning system for the whole powertrain.

CoastHighway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It was a another good Laguna Seca day, your video looks just like mine. My goal was to get a 1:47 also. But alas, 1:48.01...

OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
It was a another good Laguna Seca day, your video looks just like mine. My goal was to get a 1:47 also. But alas, 1:48.01...
You've got it next time I'll bet!

Nice day for sure. NCRC are a great organization, never want to miss one... unless its raining perhaps :D

Sponsored

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
With all these Mods, and "driving the Balls off this car" it seems XP8's is too little pad. I ran XP8's on a 3200 lb , 400 whp STi with Nitto NT05's and the XP8 was not enough pad. and I was hardly "driving the Balls off my car". There is nothing like "throw you forward" braking on a road course! I Love the Carbotech's. I'd get at least the XP12's but the 20's have the REAL initial bite.

Man, I wish I had your kind of Doe-Ray-Me. I can't say I've seen a car get more cash dumped in it is such a short period of time! Good for you!

OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
With all these Mods, and "driving the Balls off this car" it seems XP8's is far too little pad. I ran XP8's on the 3200 lb , 400 whp STi with Nitto NT05's and the XP8 was not enough pad. and I was hardly "driving the Balls off my car"

Man, I wish I had your kind of Doe-Ray-Me. I can't say I've seen a car get more cash dumped in it is such a short period of time! Good for you!
You are quite right. Im swapping out for EBC yellowstuff :D

I could have bought a corvette? :D

OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
That's promising that the heat wrapping may have yielded results.

I just wanted to add one thing. While this may address differential temperatures. From what I understood an acquaintance of mine who worked for Ford. There are polymer components within the transmission that may deform if cooldown laps are not done.

He would do cool down laps after about 20 minutes.

I am not sure if Ford is using the Differential temperature of it as a earlier warning system for the whole powertrain.
I'm born again, cooldown laps are mana for laptimes :D
Time attack is more strategic :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
ALERT!

Woah!
I got some heat cycled tires that might be close to hoosier quality!!!!

Apparently Trofeo means Trophy! :D