Sponsored

IMRC Solenoid Damage After LT's

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
How much is the solenoid?? And the solenoid doesn't go upward with the motor when it's jacked up???
I paid about $27 for the solenoid at Ford dealer... took about 3-4 days to come in.

Paying around $100 for gaskets and solenoid. :frusty:
Don't need gaskets. You're getting taken. See the referenced thread above. Has pics of solenoid (well the broken one) and intake manifold pic for location. Takes 10mm wrench and 10min to replace.

Damn, I didn't know about this when I did my install, but I only jacked my engine about an inch. Dented the pan very slightly first time as I didn't have my block of wood close enough to the edge of the pan.
Yeah, you didn't lift engine high enough to stretch the wiring on the back side. I just kept on jacking like a big dummy...:headbonk:

OP
OP

Ramblinman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT PP 401A
I paid about $27 for the solenoid at Ford dealer... took about 3-4 days to come in.

Don't need gaskets. You're getting taken. See the referenced thread above. Has pics of solenoid (well the broken one) and intake manifold pic for location. Takes 10mm wrench and 10min to replace.

Yeah, you didn't lift engine high enough to stretch the wiring on the back side. I just kept on jacking like a big dummy...:headbonk:
Ah Sldghmr, you were just the person I needed to hear from as I originally saw you on the other forum having the same problem leading me to this conclusion. I really appreciate this clarification. Will save me much money and time in getting my horse back up and running right.

Much thanks to Falconetti, as well, for locating the link.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
The solenoid and vacuum actuator are the pieces on the back of the intake manifold right by the firewall (have to remove engine cover to see it) the proximity of these components in relation to the firewall makes them prone to damage if the engine is jacked up. Exact height for damage, no clue, but you dont have to separate the manifold to replace these components, the small vacuum line on the inside bend of the intake tract leads under the intake manifold to the back of the motor where you will see a y connector and 2 vacuum lines going to the solenoid.

Hope this helps.
:thumbsup: thanks for the description

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread, but please kindly point me in that direction if so.

Recently had my SW 1 7/8 LT's installed on my PP GT 6spd. Had it dyno tuned (made 406rwhp :headbang:) but now I'm pulling codes P2004 and P2011. Something to do with Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit. Had a misfire at one point. Car runs but stutters slightly. I'm thinking the IMRC connection is damaged as a DiablotSport forum mentioned a guy having same problem on his 15 GT where installer didn't unplug the IMRC before jacking up the motor and damaged the IMRC Solenoid. Took it to Ford and that's what they said it was. Went ahead and ordered the gaskets and solenoid to be fixed by my tuner to see if that fixes it. Anyone else had a similar problem after LT install? Been a week since I ordered the solenoid so hopefully it doesn't take forever as I'm curious if this solves the problem. Thanks for any input.
Yes, I had the same thing happen. When I got the car back from the long tube installer (200 Miles on car) i had those codes. I always operate by the motto - First time shame on you, second time shame on me - crossed that shop off my future doing business list. I panicked and took it straight to the dealer. They found the problem and informed me that is was a $550 fix parts and labor, intake had to come off. At the time, the header install busted the bank account. The Ford tech told me it would be fine to drive it this way but the IMRC system would not function correctly. After a calm down period I got to looking at what was really broke and it was one of the plugs had busted off inside the connection point. I went on ebay and bought an entire used intake for $125 that had extra TB and all the IMRC components on it (a whipple installer's piece). Once I received the intake i took the good part and easily swapped it out with the bad one. Sent the extra TB out and had it bored out and relisted the intake for $150 and sold it on ebay...:cheers:

OP
OP

Ramblinman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT PP 401A
Yes, I had the same thing happen. When I got the car back from the long tube installer (200 Miles on car) i had those codes. I always operate by the motto - First time shame on you, second time shame on me - crossed that shop off my future doing business list. I panicked and took it straight to the dealer. They found the problem and informed me that is was a $550 fix parts and labor, intake had to come off. At the time, the header install busted the bank account. The Ford tech told me it would be fine to drive it this way but the IMRC system would not function correctly. After a calm down period I got to looking at what was really broke and it was one of the plugs had busted off inside the connection point. I went on ebay and bought an entire used intake for $125 that had extra TB and all the IMRC components on it (a whipple installer's piece). Once I received the intake i took the good part and easily swapped it out with the bad one. Sent the extra TB out and had it bored out and relisted the intake for $150 and sold it on ebay...:cheers:
Nice, Whatsup62. Yeah I went to Ford and they told me $875 for labor. I laughed and said no thanks, don't touch it. I think I will be able to swap the solenoid out myself. It doesn't sound too difficult once I get the part in. Hopefully I can have it back in shape next week. Thanks for the advice.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I didn't bust mine but if you have a tune they can tune the IMRC's out and just replace with a 11-14 manifold. 50.00 off of ebay.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Is this just on cars with the K brace support at the firewall
Sponsored