Sponsored

Imported vs. Domestic-made Wheels?

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I have worked for Sears I know lol, but I try my best for being 25 and a college student I give myself the credit for doing all I can to support the US manufacturing economy.
Doing anything is enough, no need to feel guilty. Even the Mustang is only 60% US content according to the NHSTA, so nobody is really holding to an unrealistic ideal of only buying American.
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Doing anything is enough, no need to feel guilty. Even the Mustang is only 60% US content according to the NHSTA, so nobody is really holding to an unrealistic ideal of only buying American.
of course but every little bit does help.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People who choose to buy import items can't blame anyone but their self when they or others are out of a job. Every time someone buys import products they support the country of import AND they are allowing the home base company the right to continue to screw us out of a job for their own corporate greed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you should definitely get rid of your mustang then

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
And buy what a Toyota? I'm being realistic here. When you have a choice I buy American.
I have 2 all American made vehicles.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You can think that and that's ok. But the profits go back to Japan.
I do my best to buy American. And the 2 American made vehicles I'm referring to are my all original 1956 ford f100 and a 1947 ford cab over truck

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
You can think that and that's ok. But the profits go back to Japan.

Just like the profits from our Chinese Mustang wheels go back to China.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Just like the profits from our Chinese Mustang wheels go back to China.

Thats ok because I have Michelin pilot sport cup 2s and super sports both made in the USA. I also have a set of FORGELINE ga1R open lugs for my gt350.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I can't control what the car comes with. Like I said I do my best to buy American. As I listed above for my house I buy everything I can that's made here.
You'd be surprised how much is still made in the USA if you took the time go look.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I can't control what the car comes with. Like I said I do my best to buy American. As I listed above for my house I buy everything I can that's made here.
You'd be surprised how much is still made in the USA if you took the time go look.

And my point is that doing your best is all you can do, because even a large percentage of what you think is an American product still includes foreign raw materials and parts, like our red-blooded American/40% foreign Mustangs. "Eat your import" is the slogan of the deluded and/or willfully ignorant.

Sponsored

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol he keeps dodging my point. I'm glad others see how silly this is
recognizing denial is the 1st step

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
lol he keeps dodging my point. I'm glad others see how silly this is
recognizing denial is the 1st step
If your referring to me, how am I dodging your point?

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The problem here is the fact that there is so much politics in the wheel industry, trust me guys plenty to go around. many of you have real reasons and/or believes of over seas products and this conversation can go on forever and ever lol, I wish i could place in a more detailed answer but it would take all day. My biggest advice to everyone is

1. Purchase from a reliable dealer/ a Authorized vendor of what ever brand your buying from

2. when choosing a Brand do go with a reputable brand not a pop up brand//
example HRE yes im a fan they have been around for years and years. MRR yes we have been here for over 10 years guys/ TSW.. of course.

Guys, forged or not forged made in america or not what you have in the car carries more value in the company that supports it and backs it up
I mean guys should i mention or bring back 360Forged??
all forged expensive as hell, designed in the USA, Made in the USA ( at least it was claimed ) yes TUV as well..... what happen...there is a long story behind that....great product im sure but the people behind it well thats for you to make your own opinions.

to tired to go on lol :cheers:

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh and then comes the other reason some wheels have a higher cost:

First Marketing, Name brand, inventory, the label. yes the consumer pays for that.
just like leather guys, high quality donky skin leather back pack 50.00 VS the same donky leather backpack with a LV stamped all over it 1000.00 lol

OP
OP
Hurricane

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
Well, thank you all for contributing to this thread. It's become pretty colorful in here thus far. :lol:

Paul's response on Monday night was spot-on and answered my question perfectly. So, while I too like to buy US-made products when possible, if the glaring majority of aftermarket wheels for sale in this country are made somewhere else, then that's something I'm just going to have to accept. It's called the "global economy" and it's here to stay. However, I cannot justify spending $500 or more for a single wheel. Some people can and that's on them because in the end, it's their money. It's just not how I operate, and that's cool too. After all, $150, $250, $350 and $950 wheels exist because there is a market for them, right?

I look at it this way: if I'm out with my wife for dinner downtown and accidentally catch the curb while parallel parking, I'd handle the situation much better if I scraped up a $250 cast wheel than a $750 fully forged one. Since I am still shopping around, I'm trying to single out wheels that are NOT made in China. Taiwan, fine. Japan, fine. Germany, fine. Just not a communist nation.
Sponsored