Import of lhd 6th generation from USA

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Good luck. It's an adventure. Enjoy it. :)
Hi thanks

We've been 7 times since 2010 - rented 4 Mustangs (2 V6 converts plus a V6 and a V8) - I liked the V6 convertibles best. I had a V6 convertible booked and paid for last year but Avis kindly (and wrongly) put my name on their "do not rent" list without telling me. They took ÂŁ549.50, gave me a res but refused me a car at Orlando and simply turned me away. I ended up with a crummy Nissan from some other Compsny. They admitted they were wrong and after 4 weeks they refunded my money. But they didn't like the way I complained and so they refused to take my name off the "do not rent" list! You would think they didn't want to rent cars!

We are flying into Orlando again but back from New York. I was going to buy a car and drive it up over 5 days (about 300 miles a day) but now it will have to be a one-way rental. The only overnight stop that I haven't been to before is Myrtle Beach. From Franklin VA to Washington DC we're going to go over Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and up through Maryland. Looking forward to the trip!

I'll put more on here when there's news and I'll be keen to show off my car when (if) I ever manage to get it!

Thanks again
Sponsored

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Myrtle beach is the home of Mustang week every year too
Probably not when I'm there! I'll be in a rented car (Mustang if possible) but we will arrive in the evening (from St Augustine) and will be leaving in the morning for the next leg to Franklin VA. I was there in 1999 and have always wanted to go back again. The following day it will be the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Probably not when I'm there! I'll be in a rented car (Mustang if possible) but we will arrive in the evening (from St Augustine) and will be leaving in the morning for the next leg to Franklin VA. I was there in 1999 and have always wanted to go back again. The following day it will be the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel!
I hope you are going to blog your trip. Daily photos! No pressure. :)

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Ha ha ha - thank you! Would anyone be interested?

Ok - if I am able to go through with my purchase of a Mustang and if my rental car turns out to be a Mustang (I will certainly request one) then I will post some photos! Whether I can make hem interesting is another matter!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus

Ok - if I am able to go through with my purchase of a Mustang and if my rental car turns out to be a Mustang (I will certainly request one) then I will post some photos! Whether I can make them interesting is another matter!!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
...but Avis kindly (and wrongly) put my name on their "do not rent" list without telling me. They took ÂŁ549.50, gave me a res but refused me a car at Orlando...
Avis US are sh*te. Every time i've used them i've been stiffed for something extra they've sneaked onto the rental agreement. Last time they added an enhanced recovery option, didn't tell me (meaning I could never have used it) and lied to my face when I "confirmed" that no extras had been added.

Hell yeah! Might want to do that someday when we no longer have to satisfy our 8 year old's fascination with the house of mouse.

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Hi folks -
All settled today - thanks for your kind assistance on here. I contacted Ron Fenton at STS and he has found me a 2016 V6 Auto convertible in yellow and it will soon be starting its long journey from Florida to the UK! I gave up on the idea of buying one there and driving it to the port of New York. I probably wouldn't have got such a good deal and I would have had to pay sales tax (7%) and insure it (and that was almost impossible). Instead it will be on its way here and I should have it in time for the heatwave that we will definitely be getting in June!

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Awesome, congrats :)

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Well done for sticking with it :thumbsup:

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Hi folks -
All settled today - thanks for your kind assistance on here. I contacted Ron Fenton at STS and he has found me a 2016 V6 Auto convertible in yellow and it will soon be starting its long journey from Florida to the UK! I gave up on the idea of buying one there and driving it to the port of New York. I probably wouldn't have got such a good deal and I would have had to pay sales tax (7%) and insure it (and that was almost impossible). Instead it will be on its way here and I should have it in time for the heatwave that we will definitely be getting in June!
Mine took just over 3 weeks from port to port,when I had a landed time I booked car for Iva as there is always a long waiting time ,all in it took from buying to collecting from Iva test centre and driving home 8 weeks ,good luck with mustang I'm sure you'll love it

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Spot on for sticking with your dream. It's special because of that. My business partner brought over a 2005 V6 Pony Pack Vert in Race Red from new in 2005 and still has it and loves it. :thumbsup:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Mine took just over 3 weeks from port to port,when I had a landed time I booked car for Iva as there is always a long waiting time ,all in it took from buying to collecting from Iva test centre and driving home 8 weeks ,good luck with mustang I'm sure you'll love it
mine was 3 weeks on the boat from Canada
then 3 days at the port
IVA was around a week after
then had all the bits done
Sponsored