Import of lhd 6th generation from USA

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
If you can get one anywhere, you'll get one in Florida. The rentals are largely V6 autos, plenty of verts and a good few yellow ones; and nowhere has more Mustang vert rentals than Florida. The early ones will already be coming off hire.
Thank you.

Yes - the one I started to talk about was $22,500 at Mullinax in Apopka. It's a 2016 V6 auto in yellow. There's a similar 2015 example for $18,000 in a garage called OffLease Only in Orlando. I'm sure that would be under £25000 on the road uk legal!
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I have just seen - on eBay and AutoTrader - a 2015 imported V6 S550 convertible auto in the UK for £25k. It's exactly what I'm looking for and everything is perfect apart from the colour (black) and the mileage is a bit on the high side. If I wanted a black one I'd go for it!
Hi Graham, would you have the eBay link?
thanks

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Hi Graham, would you have the eBay link?
thanks
Thanks for the reply - try this

ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-New-Shape-3-7L-Ford-Mustang-Convertible-LHD-/302200074683hash=item465c8731bb:g:kNwAAOSwt5hYgAGh

There's no space between the AG and the h . I hope that works but if it doesn't I hope there's enough there to identify the car! If you search for a 2015 Ford with two doors you'll find it!

The price seems about right to me - in comparison with what a similar uk version (a 4 cyl of course) would be on the market for.

If it was yellow I'd got for it

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply - try this

ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-New-Shape-3-7L-Ford-Mustang-Convertible-LHD-/302200074683hash=item465c8731bb:g:kNwAAOSwt5hYgAGh

There's no space between the AG and the h . I hope that works but if it doesn't I hope there's enough there to identify the car! If you search for a 2015 Ford with two doors you'll find it!

The price seems about right to me - in comparison with what a similar uk version (a 4 cyl of course) would be on the market for.

thanks for that, just looking out of interest, be interesting to see if he gets his price. but is it a Basic? dont think its a Premium, or did they only do the Basic in a V6? So you looking for a Vert?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Get it and wrap it yellow.

A decent wrap (not a £1k backstreet job) looks brilliant and will last 5-10yrs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
thanks for that, just looking out of interest, be interesting to see if he gets his price. but is it a Basic? dont think its a Premium, or did they only do the Basic in a V6? So you looking for a Vert?
The car I had worked out the final figure on has had its asking price reduced from $22750 to $21750. This means that the final figure (bar one or two things I may have missed) in the UK after shipping, conversion, duty, IVA etc would be £26531 - a decent reduction from my first figure of £28734. This is getting closer to my upper limit. The spec I'm looking for is simply a yellow V6 automatic convertible. Any higher spec would be very welcome but not by any means essential or a deal-breaker. It just needs to be a yellow S550 convertible automatic. By the way, one disadvantage of the German ones on top of the prices being more than £30,000 is that they will all have speedometers and odometers kilometres and kph. It's not a massive issue but at least an import from the USA will be in miles and mph!

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
The car I had worked out the final figure on has had its asking price reduced from $22750 to $21750. This means that the final figure (bar one or two things I may have missed) in the UK after shipping, conversion, duty, IVA etc would be £26531 - a decent reduction from my first figure of £28734. This is getting closer to my upper limit. The spec I'm looking for is simply a yellow V6 automatic convertible. Any higher spec would be very welcome but not by any means essential or a deal-breaker. It just needs to be a yellow S550 convertible automatic. By the way, one disadvantage of the German ones on top of the prices being more than £30,000 is that they will all have speedometers and odometers kilometres and kph. It's not a massive issue but at least an import from the USA will be in miles and mph!
My car is a Canadian Spec, and the speedo is in kph, all the others stuff like Sync3 and the info sections can be switched to mph
but on the speedo its easy to work out. Have you looked at Canada will be a lot cheaper, I saved 5k on my CS GT

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Hello to the people who have kindly added their words of wisdom on here. I'm now at the point where I think I'll forget about buying a car and driving it from Florida to New York. I don't know how long shipping and conversion will take - one or two months? If I were to leave it in New York on April 18 for the ro-ro to Liverpool it could be the end of May or even June before it was ready in the UK - plus insurance in America is a major problem.
Instead I think I will rely on STS Imports to approve the car and I'll buy it unseen, on the condition that it will be within my £25,000 budget when legal in the UK. That way shipping can be under way quickly and I might have it by May.
I'll post on here when there is anything to report. It's a V6 - I know it's obsolete, it has the worst fuel economy and the worst performance but I don't mind; it's the cheapest and it's the one that just feels right to me. Somehow a four pot Mustang just seems wrong! Sorry!!

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I think the V6 is still a valid choice, as long as you dont mind the more basic interior.

Check out some of the supercharger conversions on the US sections of these boards.

They make 500bhp and dont cost the Earth ..... ;)

[ame]

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Hello to the people who have kindly added their words of wisdom on here. I'm now at the point where I think I'll forget about buying a car and driving it from Florida to New York. I don't know how long shipping and conversion will take - one or two months? If I were to leave it in New York on April 18 for the ro-ro to Liverpool it could be the end of May or even June before it was ready in the UK - plus insurance in America is a major problem.
Instead I think I will rely on STS Imports to approve the car and I'll buy it unseen, on the condition that it will be within my £25,000 budget when legal in the UK. That way shipping can be under way quickly and I might have it by May.
I'll post on here when there is anything to report. It's a V6 - I know it's obsolete, it has the worst fuel economy and the worst performance but I don't mind; it's the cheapest and it's the one that just feels right to me. Somehow a four pot Mustang just seems wrong! Sorry!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
I think the V6 is still a valid choice, as long as you dont mind the more basic interior.

Check out some of the supercharger conversions on the US sections of these boards.

Hi - thanks - but I'm not bothered about performance. I'm far too old for that!

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Its got 300 bhp. It wont be slow! I dont think you will miss the kit that ir doesnt have either.

I think letting someone else find the right car for you is wise, and presnmably leaves you a few quid spare as you dont need to pay for the trip to find the car etc.

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Its got 300 bhp. It wont be slow! I dont think you will miss the kit that ir doesnt have either.

I think letting someone else find the right car for you is wise, and presnmably leaves you a few quid spare as you dont need to pay for the trip to find the car etc.
I'm going anyway! (We habitually go to Florida) I was going to drive it up to New York (5 hotels already booked) but now I'll do a one-way rental. If I can do the deal now for my car it will be nearly two months earlier getting to the uk :-)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I'm going anyway! (We habitually go to Florida) I was going to drive it up to New York (5 hotels already booked) but now I'll do a one-way rental. If I can do the deal now for my car it will be nearly two months earlier getting to the uk :-)
Good luck. It's an adventure. Enjoy it. :)
Sponsored