Sponsored

I'm getting an MGW X-Spec shifter installed, any other complimenting mods to make at the same time?

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
'16 GT with the Ford Racing Power Pack 2 and Performance Pack.

Getting the MGW X-spec flat stick. Excited! I don't really slam gears too much, but I dislike the crunchy feeling with the stock shifter.

I'm getting a shop to install the shifter, but while I'm there, anything else that's relatively inexpensive (e.g no clutch).

I've been reading braided clutch line, and reading enough about fluids to make me dizzy, not even sure which one to consider.

Car has about 35,000 miles. I am relatively gentle with the gearbox and don't race. Just spirited driving and interested in crisp, smooth, reliable shifts.
Sponsored

Willistylz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christopher
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP 2
Just got my x-spec flat stick today also! Getting installed after holidays. Going in my 19 PP2. Already changed my fluid to BG Syncro Shift II during the summer. Fluid definitely helped smooth out 2-3 shifts.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Upgraded fluid is a no brainer. A trans bushing couldn’t hurt either.

if your under the car (or paying someone else to do it) diff fluid change couldn’t hurt either. I always go with RLO but any high performance fluid is better than stock.

OP
OP
lazarus870

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Upgraded fluid is a no brainer. A trans bushing couldn’t hurt either.

if your under the car (or paying someone else to do it) diff fluid change couldn’t hurt either. I always go with RLO but any high performance fluid is better than stock.
Does the trans bushing help even with the MGW Race Spec? I thought the MGW was all that was needed on the trans end of thing, except for fluid, and clutch stuff.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
It helped in my case. I did the bushing before the shifter and with trans fluid it was a great improvement.

I didn’t install my shifter until much later.

Honestly, I think a shifter is a non essential upgrade. I just got mine because it was stupid cheap as a friend was getting rid of his s550.

A lot of people complain about both the MT-82 and its shifter. Yes I’ve missed shifts but it’s more user error. A lot of people like to complain lol

Sponsored

Racer5973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
'16 GT with the Ford Racing Power Pack 2 and Performance Pack.

Getting the MGW X-spec flat stick. Excited! I don't really slam gears too much, but I dislike the crunchy feeling with the stock shifter.

I'm getting a shop to install the shifter, but while I'm there, anything else that's relatively inexpensive (e.g no clutch).

I've been reading braided clutch line, and reading enough about fluids to make me dizzy, not even sure which one to consider.

Car has about 35,000 miles. I am relatively gentle with the gearbox and don't race. Just spirited driving and interested in crisp, smooth, reliable shifts.
Trans mount, clutch line.

mookieit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 v6
Im about to install the MGW shifter. Planning to install the transmission mount and the steel clutch line

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Weighted MGW shift knob made the shifts feel a little smoother. Like someone else said BG Syncro Shift II Trans fluid is a must, it made the shifts feel buttery smooth. The steeda clutch pedal spring is something small I did that made a pretty significant difference.

Screenshot (422).png
Screenshot (423).png

Sponsored

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
GT350 shift knob. The feeling is much better than the ball shaped shift knob.
Sponsored