Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Originally Posted by 2015 Silver GT
Save up for a GT. No way I'd own a Mustang with a V6 or 4 banger.
I agree.

I don't understand some of you people incase you forgot Op's original response stated he could not afford a GT. For your reading pleasure:

8ayala8 said:
I'd love a V8 but unfortunately I can't afford that right now So it's between the 4 and 6. Right now I'm leaning towards the V6 just because of the way it sounds
With that said personally I would go for the V4 mainly because it has more room to grow, more aftermarket support, and V6 is going to be discontinued soon. If sound is a big issue then I would lookup solo performance as they have some of the best V4 exhaust to me.

Oh and if possible I would try and hold off your decision until the 2018's are announced to see if you like anything there otherwise as other members mention you can get great deals on some of the older mustangs now.

Happy hunting either way you go.

JJAMARA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT triple yellow
This goes back to response I said on another thread four-cylinder and six cylinder mustang's are for people who can't afford the V8 nothing is wrong with that.

If I were you save your money until you can afford a V-8. There are way too many people who buy the four-cylinder or a six cylinder and regret it within six months. Just save your money and your time will come.

I just love when people say I bought the four cylinder mustang for the gas mileage. :headbonk:

Do you only get that gas mileage when you drive like a grandma and stay out of boost once you're in boost you get worse gas mileage than the V8.

Who buys a Mustang to drive like a grandma :frusty:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
This goes back to response I said on another thread four-cylinder and six cylinder mustang's are for people who can't afford the V8 nothing is wrong with that.

If I were you save your money until you can afford a V-8. There are way too many people who buy the four-cylinder or a six cylinder and regret it within six months. Just save your money and your time will come.

I just love when people say I bought the four cylinder mustang for the gas mileage. :headbonk:

Do you only get that gas mileage when you drive like a grandma and stay out of boost once you're in boost you get worse gas mileage than the V8.

Life is too short for regrets. At the same time, not everybody needs an extra hundred horsepower. It isn't like you can use it most of the time anyway(legally). I'm guessing the v6s and the eco are still outselling the v8? And no, the eco still gets better mileage in boost than your v8. But I digress, this post was originally about v6 vs eco and somehow it became a pissing contest for a few GT owners to try to assert their dominance.

To the op, you can't go wrong with either engine. More options for the eco, but either car should last awhile.

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium

This is simply not a true statement. You're saying that someone driving the ecoboost agressively, maybe some stop and go traffic, maybe some highway mixed in there too, all things equal someone driving a GT with those same exact conditions will get better gas mileage than the ecoboost??

I have read many posts by GT owners on this forums stating that their MPG easily can dip below 15 and consistently below 20 mpg.

GT owners in this thread state they are typically only able to get 20+ MPG when they do only highway driving.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10673

I can drive my ecoboost very aggressively for an entire tank and be higher than 20 MPG.

That was simply an incorrect statement made without any factual evidence to support it.

I like knowing that I can drive pretty aggressively when I want, still be over 20 MPG, and then be at 30+ MPG when I take it on a road trip. So yes, one of the reasons (among others) that I bought the ecoboost over the GT was in fact the fuel mileage.

Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Life is too short for regrets. At the same time, not everybody needs an extra hundred horsepower. It isn't like you can use it most of the time anyway(legally). I'm guessing the v6s and the eco are still outselling the v8? And no, the eco still gets better mileage in boost than your v8. But I digress, this post was originally about v6 vs eco and somehow it became a pissing contest for a few GT owners to try to assert their dominance.

To the op, you can't go wrong with either engine. More options for the eco, but either car should last awhile.
I really don't need an extra 100hp. I've already gotten speeding tickets, spun out a few times, and beat many cars that raced me...and that's in a V6. I'm older and from a time when 300hp was considered fast...so anything more would just be extra.
You're pretty spoiled nowadays to have those numbers in a base model v6s and i4.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

You're painting EB and V6 owners with a really broad brush when you make a statement like that. I know it's an untrue statement for me and likely many others - especially when you consider premium EB's cost as much or more than base GT's.
Personally, like I said in another thread, I went with an EB because I've already done the NA V8 thing. I think the little turbo'd 2.3L will be a fun project car.
There's no wrong choice with these cars. You choose between fast (EB/V6), faster (GT) and fastest (GT350). At the end of the day we're all Mustang owners. We need to be beating up on the Camaro owners, not each other.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
You're painting EB and V6 owners with a really broad brush when you make a statement like that.
This is quickly becoming a trend on this forum and in threads like this. There's an obvious element of "trim package" warfare, mostly perpetrated from the top down. :(

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Any more inter-model bashing and infractions will be given.
Really the only down side to an otherwise great forum...Which is why I don't touch threads like this with a 10 foot pole. On topic; get the turbo, a unique package you'd be hard pressed to find in any other car on the market.

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
I really don't need an extra 100hp. I've already gotten speeding tickets, spun out a few times, and beat many cars that raced me...and that's in a V6. I'm older and from a time when 300hp was considered fast...so anything more would just be extra.
You're pretty spoiled nowadays to have those numbers in a base model v6s and i4.
Funny back then when HP was rated Gross not Net your 300hp Mustang would have around 375hp. Even better a 1970 Hemi Cuda did 0-60 time in 5.8 sec, and the 1/4 in 14 seconds

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/plymouth/1970-1971-plymouth-hemi-cuda-ar17392.html

Your V6 Mustang does 0-60 5.7 sec and the 1/4 14.1 @ 98 mph

Yes - it is all in perspective.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Keep this thread on topic and cut out the vulgarity. Thank you.
Sorry twin turbo, I'll be better behaved in the future :cheers:

As for the op, I've driven all 3 engine options and also base and premium trims.

All are fantastic cars really. I was actually considering buying the v6 for a long time. That's what I saved all my pennies for. I think that 3.7 v6 has had so much development over the years that it is really solid. It also makes almost the same power as the EB.

If the premium models are important to you then it looks like EB is your choice. If you want to go hog wild with mods and stuff like that then the EB will be a ton of fun for you. But if you want a stock, base model car then I'd advise the v6. It's cheaper and only a little less powerful

Also I ended up buying my car in the base model after renting a premium model for a couple days. The base is almost as comfortable and 4 grand less!

Anyway happy car shopping! At the end of the day you can't go wrong with any choice.

SilverPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

Not always true...
I traded a GT for an Ecoboost, almost 5,000 miles later and I'm still happy with my decision to drop 100 hp.
With my GT I usually averaged 20-21 mpg, 18 if I was harder on it, now with the Ecoboost I get between 24-27 mpg and have just as much fun driving it. As much as I liked the GT with Borla exhaust, it is nice having a quiet but fast car.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Any more inter-model bashing and infractions will be given.
There will be a day when Mustang owners stop bashing on other Mustang owners...and start bashing on Camaro owners instead (you know...our true rivals) :D
Sometimes I feel like FORD stands for Family Of Retarded Dysfunctionals.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Status
Not open for further replies.