Sponsored

I think the 21-23 Mach 1 might just be the best bang-for-your-buck specialty Mustang we’re likely to ever see from Ford again

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. For most of us the Mach 1 will never be more than an appearance package on parts that already were available.

I think the PP2 optioned cars are almost everything you're saying your Mach 1 is, but were available for less $$ and a better value.
I think the Ecoboost PP is 90% of a GT without the V8 and is a better value.
Sponsored

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
Sucks you couldn't get a mach 1 California special

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I think the same about my 2020 PP2 the best bang for the buck, looks, styling & whoop-ass.. :thumbsup:

A10..................... BORING

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
You can say that again ...
I find clutch and stick slow and often challenging for fast shifting so I got automatics this time around (20 years driving manuals) to be able to focus on other things of the powerful beast and I love it. Yet I don't deny the perfection of manual, especially Tremec, for those who love them. Your opinion is your opinion just like my opinion is my opinion. The Dude has spoken 😁 Btw, let's keep it civil and friendly here, clearly this is an appreciation topic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I find clutch and stick slow and often challenging for fast shifting so I got automatics this time around (20 years driving manuals) to be able to focus on other things of the powerful beast and I love it. Yet I don't deny the perfection of manual, especially Tremec, for those who love them. Your opinion is your opinion just like my opinion is my opinion. The Dude has spoken 😁 Btw, let's keep it civil and friendly here, clearly this is an appreciation topic.
I see both sides of the argument and totally agree with both sides. Faster or more fun? I couldn’t decide, so…

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You will, I will two-way street bud.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Roady68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
23 Mach 1 Eruption Green, 6 spd, '69 Road Runner
One of the main reasons I went with a Mach 1 over GT before ordering mine, and the biggest tipping point was that it was only around 5K more than the GT I had optioned out. Why wouldn't anyone want to spend an extra 5K to get that much more car, not to mention the name plate and iconic nameplate of it being a Mach 1. Just felt like a real no brainer.

I really like most all the points in this post and seem to hit pretty spot on with everything IMO.
I was right there with you. I had "built" a couple of different GTs on Fords site and was about to pull the trigger when I spotted a used Mach 1. Unfortunately, it sold before I could learn more about the. A buddy explained the difference to me, and I did additional research. I ended up ordering my Mach 1 at about $5k above the GT that I specified.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I was right there with you. I had "built" a couple of different GTs on Fords site and was about to pull the trigger when I spotted a used Mach 1. Unfortunately, it sold before I could learn more about the. A buddy explained the difference to me, and I did additional research. I ended up ordering my Mach 1 at about $5k above the GT that I specified.
Trust me, the longer you have it and live with it the better you’ll feel about the extra 5 Gs. Not that the GT isn’t a great deal on a great car as well. I bought a 22 301a 6 spd GT with nothing but the BAP and AE for sticker at 44K even earlier this year and thought it was one of the greatest automotive bargains ever. I loved it. But I gotta say, the Mach 1 is just in a whole ‘nother zone.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I think the Mach1 might be the best Mach1 that ever Mach1’ed :crackup:

Sir, your confirmation bias is showing
Sponsored

Reactions: kz