Sponsored

I think I messed up my car guys- Urgent help needed!!

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
you did disconnect all the cables first???
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
just going by what I see and have known, you can put a large screwdriver facing down in the rear of the tab and twist , that should put enough pressure to hear and feel it release. With the other hand on the fuse unit you ll feel it release. You can see the tab flex and that little tab in the hole become smaller as the tab goes over it to the point of release. Hard to put in words.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
you did disconnect all the cables first???
Yea - definitely make sure the battery is NOT connected and that all of the cables nutted to the top of the maxi are removed first.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
All disconncted both the battery and the 3 cables that are attached to this fuse. Part of the reason I think I wasnt able to release it was maybe because I was using just my fingers. Im going out and buy a long flathead screwdriver that has a thin profile. Hopefully this will do the trick. I will let you guys know asap. Thanks again ,

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Good luck with this. Like I sad when we spoke, it’s going to take little force likely to pop it out. Not too much to break things though lol. Tools are essential to doing this. You got this!

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Small screw driver should work, as was posted in my reply yesterday. If that doesn't I agree with the others. Have it towed, let a shop do it.

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I looked at mine and tried pressing the clip back. It is definitely a tight squeeze and I didn’t feel comfortable trying to pull mine out. There is no room that I could see between the back of the clip and the plastic behind it. If mine was busted I would probably just take a razor and trim down the clip hook alittle bit but that’s just me(not suggesting that you do it)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
How about a picture of the area, as it is right now?

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
I got it out!!!!!!! You guys are all wrong. Sorry to say. You have to put a screwdriver or butter knife on the right side of the fuse not where the tab is on the other side and then pop it out in a lifting motion. The left side where you all said to push and pull there didnt work. It fixed the error code too. I was able to drive to 2 hours today! The car now has 14.5 volts when running so the alternator is now comunicating to the battery. One thing that happened though is my radio and cd player wont work. You think a fuse possibly blew there too under the footwell? It wont turn on when pushing the button. ? anyone know why that might be?

Thanks guys and thanks Dave!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I got it out!!!!!!! You guys are all wrong. Sorry to say. You have to put a screwdriver or butter knife on the right side of the fuse not where the tab is on the other side and then pop it out in a lifting motion. The left side where you all said to push and pull there didnt work. It fixed the error code too. I was able to drive to 2 hours today! The car now has 14.5 volts when running so the alternator is now comunicating to the battery. One thing that happened though is my radio and cd player wont work. You think a fuse possibly blew there too under the footwell? It wont turn on when pushing the button. ? anyone know why that might be?

Thanks guys and thanks Dave!
That makes sense, its the same principle to get it off the nubs, just in reverse. Glad you figured it out so that anyone else with this problem has a guide.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That makes sense, its the same principle to get it off the nubs, just in reverse. Glad you figured it out so that anyone else with this problem has a guide.
Yeah, now wonder if he's figured out how the battery goes in?
Cause we all got it wrong, and he is the master of his domain
What a piece of work.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a master of anything. I know absolutely nothing with these kinds of things. I was just adding a little humour thats all. Thanks again guys. I couldn't of done it without you all. You helped me figure it out. And Dave thank you very much sir.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Welcome.

Glad it’s fixed up!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Welcome.

Glad it’s fixed up!
Hello; yes, happy for the OP to have the car partially fixed. I decided to follow the thread because of the unique situation. I have never known of anyone reversing the battery terminals and driving a car. I did not know what the outcome might be but find the outcomes of interest.
Main thing is there are built in fail safes for some circuits. Good to know.

That the OP somehow expected us to be well versed about such a rare experience is also of interest. It was a new thing for me so I was mainly guessing.

I will not speculate on the radio/CD player. I know on my vehicles the radio/CD is always hot in regard to some features. Will not play with the key off or out but will eject a CD.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Jeff. I will check the radio and other fuses in the footwell area shortly. I bet one of those were blown too. This was all my fault because I used an antigravity battery. The battery had the positive terminal on the left side vs the right side and it slipped past my eye. Here is a pic showing it how it was confusing.
s-l400.jpg
Sponsored