Sponsored

I road tripped my 2016 GT350 over 3500 miles in 5 days. It was an amazing experience.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Word.

Driving for pure pleasure is the best. What a stress reliever.
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Someone has to ask.....

Will you marry me? I mean come on, a GT350 is a GT350....:love:

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Can you cook?
I've been told my Bar-B-Que ribs and butts are awesome, and no shit, my REAL banana pudding (Grandmothers recipe) brought tears to one of my employees. :thumbsup: big guy was crying with a big old tear running down his cheek and telling us how he hasn't had this since his grandma died.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I've been told my Bar-B-Que ribs and butts are awesome, and no shit, my REAL banana pudding (Grandmothers recipe) brought tears to one of my employees. :thumbsup: big guy was crying with a big old tear running down his cheek and telling us how he hasn't had this since his grandma died.
Let's do this. Just do right by me and I'm not taking your last name. Dual income, no kids, similar interests. I don't see why not.

THAT reminds me of the classic Steffi Graff moment during a tennis match some years ago
What I should have asked.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Sorry to hear about the break up, but better it happened now then years down the road when kids could have been involved. Sounds like it just wasn't meant to be and it's working out for the best.
It uplifted me personally to read about the trip. I have wanted to take a trip like that for years in one of these car's and have never made the time to do it, and at almost 32, married with a kid on the way I was starting to think I had missed my opportunity for a little while. But yours is inspiring me to maybe revisit the idea while I'm still young lol

On another note; I would be interested to hear your take on the Shelby vs the GT/PP for handling and daily driving. I have been wanting to pick up one up when finances allow but don't want to spend Shelby money if I would be just as happy or more so with a bolt on/FI GTPP.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Sorry to hear about the break up, but better it happened now then years down the road when kids could have been involved. Sounds like it just wasn't meant to be and it's working out for the best.
It uplifted me personally to read about the trip. I have wanted to take a trip like that for years in one of these car's and have never made the time to do it, and at almost 32, married with a kid on the way I was starting to think I had missed my opportunity for a little while. But yours is inspiring me to maybe revisit the idea while I'm still young lol

On another note; I would be interested to hear your take on the Shelby vs the GT/PP for handling and daily driving. I have been wanting to pick up one up when finances allow but don't want to spend Shelby money if I would be just as happy or more so with a bolt on/FI GTPP.

Just my two cents, I'm extremely happy with my GT350 as a daily. In fact, were it not for the constant fear of scrubbing, I'd say it's an easier daily. The clutch feels much smoother and defined in the 350 as opposed to my GTPP even after the Steeda spring. The transmission feels less clunky at low speed. My GTPP was a little more difficult to shift smoothly at low speed around town. When I was banging gears in the mountains, shifts were spot on almost every time, but that city driving could get just a little bumpy. I'm sure you could add aftermarket to make the GTPP perform on the same level as the 350, but it still won't have the character. The character is what gets me. The unique sound, the revs, the look. May be a bit bias here. But I absolutely loved my GTPP. Every time I got in the car and started it, I smiled like an idiot. I don't think you'll be dissatisfied at all the GTPP, so unless you just can't live without the Shelby, buy a GT. You won't be disappointed. Sorry for my sentence structure. It's early and I haven't had coffee. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer!

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Great pics, great journey and great car!

Sorry about the girl, but I'm sure this journey was great therapy!

2011Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017gt350,2011Lariat,40ford truck,57 ranchero
Questions

We own a 2015 GT Premium 5.0 with anniversary appearance package and are waiting for an allocation to order a 2017 GT 350. Two questions for you, how does stereo sound if you have the electronics package and does the mirrors project the horse on the ground or other when you enter or exit the car. I know these are minor things but we researched just about everything else. A reply would be appreciated.
2011 Lariat

Sponsored

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Just my two cents, I'm extremely happy with my GT350 as a daily. In fact, were it not for the constant fear of scrubbing, I'd say it's an easier daily. The clutch feels much smoother and defined in the 350 as opposed to my GTPP even after the Steeda spring. The transmission feels less clunky at low speed. My GTPP was a little more difficult to shift smoothly at low speed around town. When I was banging gears in the mountains, shifts were spot on almost every time, but that city driving could get just a little bumpy. I'm sure you could add aftermarket to make the GTPP perform on the same level as the 350, but it still won't have the character. The character is what gets me. The unique sound, the revs, the look. May be a bit bias here. But I absolutely loved my GTPP. Every time I got in the car and started it, I smiled like an idiot. I don't think you'll be dissatisfied at all the GTPP, so unless you just can't live without the Shelby, buy a GT. You won't be disappointed. Sorry for my sentence structure. It's early and I haven't had coffee. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer!
Thanks for the input. I think its the character of the car that really has me torn. Ive driven a GTPP and LOVED that car, but I haven't actually driven/ridden in a GT350 yet and my concern is buying a GT and wanting a Shelby a year down the road. MY buddy will be order a Shelby this winter and hopefully have it by spring so maybe he'll let drive it so I can decide lol

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
We own a 2015 GT Premium 5.0 with anniversary appearance package and are waiting for an allocation to order a 2017 GT 350. Two questions for you, how does stereo sound if you have the electronics package and does the mirrors project the horse on the ground or other when you enter or exit the car. I know these are minor things but we researched just about everything else. A reply would be appreciated.
2011 Lariat
The stereo in the electronics package sounds just like the one in the GT premium (not the Shaker) to me. I'm about 85% positive that none of the Shelbys have the pony projection.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
I was very impressed by your reaction to the ex-girlfriend issue. You grabbed life and your Shelby by the horns and took an awesome road trip. Life can be too short to have these kind of adventures and you did the right thing. I have been on the 550 thru Colorado multiple times on Motorcycle trips many years ago and i would not have had the chance to take them later as i got older. This will be a vivid memory for you to cherish and doing it in your Shelby must have been epic. You will find the right woman some day so enjoy your life now and experience all that you can whenever you get the chance.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Looks like a great road trip. I hope I can do one someday.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Nice read. Glad things are working out for you.
Sponsored