Sponsored

I like this new Ford better than the Mustang, is that crazy?

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
Maybe just a little crazy but I must say, that is a really cool car. 250+hp, manual transmission, lightweight and looks good; that would be a fun car to drive, especially for running around town.

P. S. I just thought I would ask about your screen name. Just wondering if the "fender" portion hinted at you being a musician? Obviously, probably car related considering circumstances but just thought I'd ask.

OP
OP
Fenderaddict2

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Crap musician but excellent guitar collector, and as you've now gather Fender guitars make up a large portion of what I have. Still, love a nicely sculpted car fender as well ;-)

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
Haha, awesome. Sounds like me. Not much of a player put I have owned lots of cool fenders. I have a few custom shops now, I mostly just play Tele's but I do have a mint Eric Clapton strat I picked up for cheap the other day. The guy just needed some money really bad. Pretty much everyone in my little town knows to call me if they need to get rid of something interesting.

Well, that's cool man. Glad to hear I have some company here. I only play fender electrics or fender style like my custom built Tele. Not as picky about acoustic brands but I usually grab my old Taylor 814ce.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Same here, but I'm an Ernie Ball Music Man guy. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fenderaddict2

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Love the feel of an Ernie Ball neck. I have a few CS Fendets as well including a NAMM 68 that's feather light at under 7.5 lbs., a nice bound neck 65. But the prize in my collection is an all original 64 Strat. I like Teles as well but long ago realized you can't hid sloppy playing on a Tele.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I have two of the EBMM John Petrucci models. Both a 6 and 7 string versions. My 7-string is a Limited Edition model with a 1 run only paint (Dargie Delight 2) which is a color changing metallic paint (green -> gold).

stilesg57

Threads
Reaction score
Crap musician but excellent guitar collector, and as you've now gather Fender guitars make up a large portion of what I have. Still, love a nicely sculpted car fender as well ;-)
Ha -- I went through a 10yr Gibby phase and now I'm back to my first love: Fenders :thumbsup: Only came around on Teles in the last couple years.

But to your first question: yes, you are crazy ;) Best FWD car ever < Pretty good RWD car

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
Didn't mean to jack your thread haha. My most prized guitar is a Mario Martin that is one of the first 25 prototype guitars built for NAMM to test the waters. There is even a video on YouTube of Johnny Hiland playing my actual guitar. It's a Tele style, one piece light swamp ash body in coke bottle green sparkle, weights exactly 6 pounds, one piece maple V-profile neck and fralin blues special pickups. I really like the feel of the Ernie Ball necks too but the tone is not the same as vintage fender tone I like. I have an American deluxe Tele also that was supposed to be my main gig guitar but it never gets played because of the Mario Martin

stilesg57

Threads
Reaction score
It's a Tele style, one piece light swamp ash body in coke bottle green sparkle, weights exactly 6 pounds, one piece maple V-profile neck and fralin blues special pickups.
Well since we're already going there... :threadjacked:

SUHWEET. V necks are the best on Teles, and light swamp ash is where it's at. Sounds like an awesome machine!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fenderaddict2

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Maybe we need a guitar players sub forum here. 7 string huh, JoeDoginKC, I'm still trying to master 6. I blame my late start in life, picking up my first guitar in my mid 30's ironically to replace interest in classic Muscle at the time I found myself with no space nor money. First love remains 67-70 Mercury Cougars though. Thus the 2 (too) in Fenderaddict2

OP
OP
Fenderaddict2

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Ha -- I went through a 10yr Gibby phase and now I'm back to my first love: Fenders :thumbsup: Only came around on Teles in the last couple years.

But to your first question: yes, you are crazy ;) Best FWD car ever < Pretty good RWD car

I tried to connect with Gibsons and went through a lot, but outside of the J-45, I never developed a connection. Did manage to find a couple of PRS guitars that covered the sonic spectrum though. And a cool '64 Junior I picked up in Nashville to go along with a '03 R9.

OP
OP
Fenderaddict2

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Well since we're already going there... :threadjacked:

SUHWEET. V necks are the best on Teles, and light swamp ash is where it's at. Sounds like an awesome machine!

I wish I could make a Tele sound like it should...

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
I have both a 2014 Focus ST, and a 2011 Mustang GT - both modded
The Focus ST is a lot of fun, it's peppy handles great(for front wheel drive) you can put real people in the back seat, with the right tires can be driven in snow, and gets a little bit better fuel mileage.

If it wasn't for winters here in New England, there would be no reason to have a 2nd car. My mustang has so many advantages over my Focus ST (other than no go in snow) No torque steer, yes the ST has tons of torque steer, the mustang just launches straight. No matter how well a front wheel drive car suspension is tuned, just doesn't handle like a rear wheel drive car

I have the choice of the ST or GT and if it is just fun to drive decision the mustang wins every time. Even with a heavy supercharger weighing down the front of my Mustang, to me it still handles better than my ST, it gives you more confidence, and feels more secure. So Ii the new mustang handles as good as I hope then the scale tips even further to the mustang favor

While I am getting a GT, I have a feeling a mustang with the EB performance package, could be the best handling ford ever released to the public

OP
OP
Fenderaddict2

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I have both a 2014 Focus ST, and a 2011 Mustang GT - both modded
The Focus ST is a lot of fun, it's peppy handles great(for front wheel drive) you can put real people in the back seat, with the right tires can be driven in snow, and gets a little bit better fuel mileage.

If it wasn't for winters here in New England, there would be no reason to have a 2nd car. My mustang has so many advantages over my Focus ST (other than no go in snow) No torque steer, yes the ST has tons of torque steer, the mustang just launches straight. No matter how well a front wheel drive car suspension is tuned, just doesn't handle like a rear wheel drive car

I have the choice of the ST or GT and if it is just fun to drive decision the mustang wins every time. Even with a heavy supercharger weighing down the front of my Mustang, to me it still handles better than my ST, it gives you more confidence, and feels more secure. So Ii the new mustang handles as good as I hope then the scale tips even further to the mustang favor

While I am getting a GT, I have a feeling a mustang with the EB performance package, could be the best handling ford ever released to the public

Great perspective, thanks. May I ask where you live? In in a dense urban/suburban area and sone times I pick my Mazda2 to drive because, under the conditions it's actually more fun to drive than the Boss. Of course, if it's a trip out if town, to the track or even in off hours the Boss wins handily.
Sponsored