Sponsored

I have had zero problems with my 2015 EB 50th ann appearance edition

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have about 37k miles on 2015 50 years edition Mustang, with the 2.3 Ecoboost engine and manual transmission. It was built in September 2014. I have had ZERO problems with it.

Sure, the build quality could have been a little better in terms of rattles and panel alignment. But it's literally caused me zero issues. I change the oil when it tells me to, that's it.

The A/C works well. I use it every day.
The brakes are fine, the paint is pretty good (a few chips in it from day to day use).
The tires still have some tread on them (all seasons, did not have performance package) but I did have to replace one due to hitting something in the road. That's not the car's fault, so I'm calling that zero problems still. I drive the car in the snow with them, it's fine.

I put in a 91 octane MAP stage 1 tune (Cobb AP) last year at about 22k miles. I run it on 93 octane and I've had no problems with it. Everything else is stock. I go wide open throttle almost every day, but I don't launch it from a stop.

I may get a 2018 if I like the final specs. Don't freak out about all the horror stories you read on the internet, these cars are fine.
Sponsored

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have about 37k miles on 2015 50 years edition Mustang, with the 2.3 Ecoboost engine and manual transmission. It was built in September 2014. I have had ZERO problems with it.

Sure, the build quality could have been a little better in terms of rattles and panel alignment. But it's literally caused me zero issues. I change the oil when it tells me to, that's it.

The A/C works well. I use it every day.
The brakes are fine, the paint is pretty good (a few chips in it from day to day use).
The tires still have some tread on them (all seasons, did not have performance package) but I did have to replace one due to hitting something in the road. That's not the car's fault, so I'm calling that zero problems still. I drive the car in the snow with them, it's fine.

I put in a 91 octane MAP stage 1 tune (Cobb AP) last year at about 22k miles. I run it on 93 octane and I've had no problems with it. Everything else is stock. I go wide open throttle almost every day, but I don't launch it from a stop.

I may get a 2018 if I like the final specs. Don't freak out about all the horror stories you read on the internet, these cars are fine.
Thanks for posting. Glad to hear your car has been solid with a tune on it. I have a tune on my car and so far so good. After reading all the horror stories on here have been pretty concerned about this car. Want to keep mine for a while so hoping it stays solid.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
+1. Other than minor rattles that are very infrequent, and my mirror vibrating at certain highway speeds, I have had zero issues. It's been a very dependable and fun vehicle.

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
Only issue I have had so far was the bluetooth would say disconnected when trying to stream music and Would be silent when I answered the phone. I downloaded a firmware update from ford that seems to have fixed the issue though... Going to replace the stereo soon (have stuff on order) but has been ok since the update. Otherwise car has been great so far. Only 12,500 miles on my 2015 though.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Thanks for posting. Glad to hear your car has been solid with a tune on it. I have a tune on my car and so far so good. After reading all the horror stories on here have been pretty concerned about this car. Want to keep mine for a while so hoping it stays solid.
People rarely say anything when their car performs like it's supposed to. People usually only say something when there is a problem. That's why everyone should take what they hear with a grain of salt.

With thousands of boosts running perfectly fine on the road vs a handful of people on this forum that are having issues. I'd call that typical of any car.

Like I've always said, drive more worry less.

Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
No one wants to hear about you good car!

It seems this forum is about bitching about everything and the over use of the word "kinks". :D;)

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
No one wants to hear about you good car!

It seems this forum is about bitching about everything and the over use of the word "kinks". :D;)
I am going to comment on the kinks in your comment... :)

Everyone wants to judge the product based on small sample sizes. In reality, Ford has produced around 300k of these car since production started in 2014, and individual experiences (statistically) tell nearly 0 about the entire product run. I am not a statistics expert that can tell the details about confidence intervals and certainty based on samples of data, but I do know that you have to look at a larger sampling than a single person, or even a single dealer, to have any idea how reliable or unreliable a product is.

Very glad that your car is reliable! In general, I have had good experiences in the past with Ford products. My Mustang was bullet-proof for the first year, but has had 5 separate issues in the second year (seat stitching, rear tail light replaced, AC compressor + water pump replacement, PVC valve that was dropping oil on the exhaust manifold, and now sitting at the dealer for a driveline vibration which they have acknowledged). Car is still fully stock except for the clutch spring replaced with the Steeda version. To Ford's credit they have fixed everything no questions asked.

Hoping that this is the end, I am not ready to declare the Mustang as a problem car but not ruling it out either. Planning to keep it regardless because it is so awesome to look at and drive! In just over 2 years and almost 30k miles at this point.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I have also had ZERO mechanical issues going on 2 years of ownership and the car runs perfectly. It is completely stock except a drop in K&N filter and I drive fairly spirited around the country roads (just replaced the rear tires @8500 miles). I had the usual body panel alignment, occasional squeaky brakes, and the door latch recall is still open.

My wife took it to work this week and after 140 miles she averaged 25 MPG commuting to uptown Charlotte on 87/93 mix octane. That is 1 MPG shy of her old Hyundai Sonata limited 2.4 @26 MPG.

So far the Mustang has been mechanically perfect and continues to impress me every time I get behind the wheel.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I'm just trying to blow the motor so I can have an excuse to buy a GT. :headbang:

(Joking)
You gonna blow the motor part throttle or full throttle? Sorry, I had to. :lol:

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Yay Ford!

37k miles felt like my Honda wasnt even broken in yet :D
Sponsored