Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hopefully he is able to give mine the same care. I'm scheduled for build week of 9/11 (hopefully that doesn't prove to be a bad omen).

I'm really looking forward to getting the R but after searching for over a year, then stressing over trading my track package in on a "possible" allocation, I have to say this wait hasn't been too painful. Lol
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hopefully he is able to give mine the same care. I'm scheduled for build week of 9/11 (hopefully that doesn't prove to be a bad omen).

I'm really looking forward to getting the R but after searching for over a year, then stressing over trading my track package in on a "possible" allocation, I have to say this wait hasn't been too painful. Lol
I've been waiting since may of 16. I can say the wait has not been fun. Up, downs, but because of the wait and the change in the market, I got mine for 5k less. So in that respect, it was worth the wait.

[MENTION=22007]oldmachguy[/MENTION] ...... have you had the Cquartz applied yet? I'd like to hear your impressions. My old guy suggested I just use a sealer and wax combo. However I really do like the idea of a semi permanent ceramic.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I've been waiting since may of 16. I can say the wait has not been fun. Up, downs, but because of the wait and the change in the market, I got mine for 5k less. So in that respect, it was worth the wait.

[MENTION=22007]oldmachguy[/MENTION] ...... have you had the Cquartz applied yet? I'd like to hear your impressions. My old guy suggested I just use a sealer and wax combo. However I really do like the idea of a semi permanent ceramic.
15 months and still waiting is NUTS. I am really hoping my order doesn't take that long but am prepared for it just in case. At least you had another GT350/GT350R to keep you occupied as I do. I'd go bonkers w/o my current car to drive while waiting.

And since the car isn't there yet, the dealer could even argue that the market is stronger now than when you re-negotiated down, even though I know they wouldn't in your case.

Hope it's not much longer Tom!!

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

I can't complain as I got an msrp deal (if I find another I will get in contact with "him" and pass on the deal) but it was really stressful once I traded in my car and technically didn't have an allocation. I had wanted an R since before I got my track package car in May of '16.. but I never thought I'd be able to manage to find one, as my dealer sold their first for 5k over and the 2 after that they would not do that deal. Even though I'm receiving the car literally a couple of months before its technically a year old I feel like it's worth it. I'm tickled to have been able to order it my way and for the right price. This one isn't going anywhere.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

@oldmachguy ...... have you had the Cquartz applied yet? I'd like to hear your impressions. My old guy suggested I just use a sealer and wax combo. However I really do like the idea of a semi permanent ceramic.
Got a call from one of our members today as he just received his Ruby Red R late last week so I asked him what chassis number was assigned to his car and it was "HR762" so the numbers continue to climb towards the suggested 1000 mark which I suggest will fall short but only time will tell where Ford ends up with total production numbers for the 2017 R's?

:shrug:

Sponsored

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
I can't complain as I got an msrp deal (if I find another I will get in contact with "him" and pass on the deal) but it was really stressful once I traded in my car and technically didn't have an allocation. I had wanted an R since before I got my track package car in May of '16.. but I never thought I'd be able to manage to find one, as my dealer sold their first for 5k over and the 2 after that they would not do that deal. Even though I'm receiving the car literally a couple of months before its technically a year old I feel like it's worth it. I'm tickled to have been able to order it my way and for the right price. This one isn't going anywhere.
Right there with you, Donkey/Tomster/96Cobra. I've been waiting 16 months.

I ordered a '17 R for MSRP on April 15, 2016. I had verbal confirmation and an email from their Ford Regional Rep that they HAD the R allocation. As months went by the dealer changed hands. I checked back with new owner/manager who ultimately told me that there never was an R allocation. They mailed my deposit back but I sat on it until one day I got a call from yet another NEW manager. He told me that since they took over the dealership they doubled their sales volume, so Ford awarded them one R allocation - and I have right-of-first-refusal on it - for the same deal. Of course I jumped on it. I have a contract, VIN, and it now sits waiting for delivery.

My point is that, ya, it was a longgg wait full of ups and downs - I even bought enclosed trailer and black California 'VOODOO R' plates for that car - talk about thinking I was $hit out of luck! But the dealer made good on someone else's deal - since when does THAT happen? For MSRP I'd have waited even longer.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Right there with you, Donkey/Tomster/96Cobra. I've been waiting 16 months.

I ordered a '17 R for MSRP on April 15, 2016. I had verbal confirmation and an email from their Ford Regional Rep that they HAD the R allocation. As months went by the dealer changed hands. I checked back with new owner/manager who ultimately told me that there never was an R allocation. They mailed my deposit back but I sat on it until one day I got a call from yet another NEW manager. He told me that since they took over the dealership they doubled their sales volume, so Ford awarded them one R allocation - and I have right-of-first-refusal on it - for the same deal. Of course I jumped on it. I have a contract, VIN, and it now sits waiting for delivery.

My point is that, ya, it was a longgg wait full of ups and downs - I even bought enclosed trailer and black California 'VOODOO R' plates for that car - talk about thinking I was $hit out of luck! But the dealer made good on someone else deal - since when does THAT happen? For MSRP I'd have waited even longer.
Outstanding. MSRP is extremely hard to do. Best I could do in all my efforts was 2k. All at a cost but you came out on top. Congrats

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Got a call from one of our members today as he just received his Ruby Red R late last week so I asked him what chassis number was assigned to his car and it was "HR762" so the numbers continue to climb towards the suggested 1000 mark which I suggest will fall short but only time will tell where Ford ends up with total production numbers for the 2017 R's?

:shrug:
As of 8/1 800 had been produced.

OP
OP

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just gave the car its first bath today - in 105 heat index !

Same procedure as with Zaino: wash with their suds, but use a microfiber towel or mitt, then towel it dry, then once over with their detailer.

When my Mach has 3 coats of Zaino, it will wash and detail out very spiffy and easy. And it lasts real good for 3-4 months, then ok another couple of months.

The difference with the Cquartz is supposed to be that it lasts YEARS - so I don't think we will know much for about six months.

That said, the shine is ridiculous, and it can be "dry" washed using just their detailer. I've only done a little of that, sort of de-dusting the car last week in the garage, but it worked well.

My sense is that it's going to be well worth the money, mainly in the time it saves, and in maintaining that super high-gloss shine.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just gave the car its first bath today - in 105 heat index !

Same procedure as with Zaino: wash with their suds, but use a microfiber towel or mitt, then towel it dry, then once over with their detailer.

When my Mach has 3 coats of Zaino, it will wash and detail out very spiffy and easy. And it lasts real good for 3-4 months, then ok another couple of months.

The difference with the Cquartz is supposed to be that it lasts YEARS - so I don't think we will know much for about six months.

That said, the shine is ridiculous, and it can be "dry" washed using just their detailer. I've only done a little of that, sort of de-dusting the car last week in the garage, but it worked well.

My sense is that it's going to be well worth the money, mainly in the time it saves, and in maintaining that super high-gloss shine.

I've been getting my ducks in a row for my R's ppf and coating. I didn't have my previous 350 coated so I'm not sure what it should run, I was quoted just over 3k for suntek film on the a pillars, mirrors, fenders, bumper, leading edge of roof (will likely do whole roof since it's black) whole hood and matte film over the stripes. I inquired about cquartz but once I told him I did intend to track it he seemed to suggest gtechniq as he said things like rubber come off much easier, 7 year warranty on the base coating but it's a 2 layer system. Not sure if I want to abandon cquartz to try it or not. Does this seem like a fair price? He said the coating is normally 1300 but I got a discount to 1000 since he's doing the film also.

Sponsored

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Got a call from one of our members today as he just received his Ruby Red R late last week so I asked him what chassis number was assigned to his car and it was "HR762"
:frusty: where's my HR743 - still awaiting shipment!

OP
OP

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I've been getting my ducks in a row for my R's ppf and coating. I didn't have my previous 350 coated so I'm not sure what it should run, I was quoted just over 3k for suntek film on the a pillars, mirrors, fenders, bumper, leading edge of roof (will likely do whole roof since it's black) whole hood and matte film over the stripes. I inquired about cquartz but once I told him I did intend to track it he seemed to suggest gtechniq as he said things like rubber come off much easier, 7 year warranty on the base coating but it's a 2 layer system. Not sure if I want to abandon cquartz to try it or not. Does this seem like a fair price? He said the coating is normally 1300 but I got a discount to 1000 since he's doing the film also.
Haven't a clue about gtechniq, but I had 2 coats of Cquartz on entire car and two sets of wheels (including barrels) for $1300. So, assuming gtechniq is comparable, that sounds about right.

OP
OP

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
:frusty: where's my HR743 - still awaiting shipment!
Jesus, S, are u still hanging around? ... j/k

Patience. I waited 15 months to start driving it. Still no WOT, rpm over 5200, hard twisties or track days yet .. But, holy moly, it's worth it! This coming from a former C6 Z owner. :headbang:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R