Sponsored

How's your dealership experience been with ordering your 350?

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I was quoted 35k over for a 2016 tech pack. $93,000 for a damn mustang. I'll buy a viper or z06 for that money. It was a short phone call to say the least.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Yeah, this ^^^

It's super hard to justify Z06 money on it, despite how inevitably awesome the GT350 will be. There's a handful of Z06s on the dealer lots just around me today. I'm a Ford guy through and through, but C7s are extremely nice and capable vehicles.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Yeah, this ^^^

It's super hard to justify Z06 money on it, despite how inevitably awesome the GT350 will be. There's a handful of Z06s on the dealer lots just around me today. I'm a Ford guy through and through, but C7s are extremely nice and capable vehicles.
Every now and then I look at them and I've seen 10k off a couple z06s. Same as you being a ford guy but it's hard to beat a z06 for bang for the buck.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Every now and then I look at them and I've seen 10k off a couple z06s. Same as you being a ford guy but it's hard to beat a z06 for bang for the buck.
I agree with the bang for the buck. The big discounts on the C7 Z06 is usually on the loaded ones (i.e. >100k sticker price). I purposely ordered a stripper version last Sept (even though a base Z06 is pretty much loaded with lots of features anyway) and only added the PDR/Nav option... my msrp was $80,790 out the door and boy does it deliver. I have tracked it 9x already and no issues neither... but I cannot wait for the GT350 as I'm sure it'll be just as fun and highly capable on the track. As for spending 70K-90K on the new Shelby? No way... that's too much IMO.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I agree with the bang for the buck. The big discounts on the C7 Z06 is usually on the loaded ones (i.e. >100k sticker price). I purposely ordered a stripper version last Sept (even though a base Z06 is pretty much loaded with lots of features anyway) and only added the PDR/Nav option... my msrp was $80,790 out the door and boy does it deliver. I have tracked it 9x already and no issues neither... but I cannot wait for the GT350 as I'm sure it'll be just as fun and highly capable on the track. As for spending 70K-90K on the new Shelby? No way... that's too much IMO.
My dads been looking at them for a while and keeps going to it or the new CTS-V. Haven't been on any forums but the z06 seems to have high praise. The only way I could understand paying that much for the new 350 is if it was one of the 37 2015 Rs. That I could kinda understand.

Sponsored

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350,14 Silverado, 14 suburban, 77 bandit T/A
Needless to say my dealership charged me ADM. I have bought 4 cars over 60,000 bucks in the past 3 yrs and a 30,000 dollar one too. As far as I'm concerned I'll never buy from them again. Hope that $5,000 bucks was worth it.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Needless to say my dealership charged me ADM. I have bought 4 cars over 60,000 bucks in the past 3 yrs and a 30,000 dollar one too. As far as I'm concerned I'll never buy from them again. Hope that $5,000 bucks was worth it.
That's such bull. Same thing happened to my mom when the 07 gt500 came out. We had our name on it 2 years in advanced and the weekend before it came in the owner came to us and said it'll be 20k over sticker. Bought over 10 cars from them and haven't been back since.

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I called around the country to try and order THREE of these. My dad was going to get one, I was, and I had a customer at work that wanted an R. One would think a dealer would be going nuts over it.

Everyone said they were sold out but one dealer in North Carolina said they could get me one in 2017.

So I all but gave up. A friend and customer here at work is big into the local track day events and is an instructor with his Boss Mustang and he gave me the scoop on a dealer that was doing Sticker for the club guys and gave the salesman my name. We went back and forth over email and now I have my order in on a GT350 and should have it, I hope...soon.

Sad thing is, they lost the other two sales.

So it would seem to me most of the dealers have no clue what is going on but through some friends I manged to find a heck of a good dealer that got me the car for sticker and has been very cool to work with.

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My dads been looking at them for a while and keeps going to it or the new CTS-V. Haven't been on any forums but the z06 seems to have high praise. The only way I could understand paying that much for the new 350 is if it was one of the 37 2015 Rs. That I could kinda understand.

I think I could probably bet you $500 that over the course of 30 mins on track between a stock C7Z06 and a new GT350, the Mustang will complete more laps than the Corvette will. Might not set an outright fastest lap, but I bet it does MORE laps in that time period.

Good Texas day the Z06 will not last much more than 10-15 mins before it overheats with a Pro driver behind the wheel.

rick8172

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Citadel
Local dealer says he has an allocation for 1 GT350 and 1 GT350R - then sends an email asking if the price he emailed earlier was OK. He never emailed the price. I called again today, no call back. Hmmm

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
First post, guys, but yeah...^^^ this! Grrr!!!

I've never seen a bunch of car dealers so inept and so disinterested in finalizing a deal as with the 25 or so dealers I've been in touch with so far. The responses I've gotten range from "Huh? What's a Shelby?" to "These cars will be worth a half million dollars in 50 years, so getting one for $75k today is a steal! A STEAL I tell ya!"

I've narrowed it down to three dealers, one has a red/white tech pack already on order, wants $2.5k over. One has quoted "$1000 - $1500 over" but hasn't called back with details even after I said I'm ready to put down the deposit if he can make the offer firm and tell me what it would take to get the order started. The last has quoted another member "$500 over MSRP", but since that member has already finalized a deal at MSRP, the allocation is still available. Yet, every time I call (I have to call...they never call me back), it's "Well, we just don't know when we can get it or how we can get it. We just know we can get one."

I told that same guy today he's got a sale if he will just find out the details and stick with his previous quote. He said he would go talk to his GM right now and call me back in 10 mins. That was 4 hours ago.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Initially the lowest I got was $5k over MSRP.. I was mulling it over but said nah. A great member here contacted me with a deal he had of $1k over MSRP out of state and I jumped right on it. We were supposed to do the paperwork this week until a local dealer I contacted called and said they wont do rebates, but will do MSRP.. I signed the paperwork yesterday and told them they have a customer for life.

Deals are out there. I contacted at least 15 dealerships.. and only needed one.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I looked @ a M4 the Other day and the salesman said BMW cannot charge over sticker even on the i8 which sells for $145K on back order. ford get with it .....if you want other than ford customers. Im so turned off by local dealership attitudes. I got the cash but that's not good enough. I don't think a BMW customer is cross shopping with this nonsense.
I wanted a black one with black stripe ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I looked @ a M4 the Other day and the salesman said BMW cannot charge over sticker even on the i8 which sells for $145K on back order. Common ford get with it .....if you want other than ford customers. Im so turned off by local dealership attitudes. I got the cash but that's not good enought.
Yah know what..... I still enjoy the BOSS and it sounds sooooo good. 12.3 1/4 ok for me
I saw tons of the first i8s go for way over sticker. The first one I saw was in Memphis and they wanted 20k over. Maybe BMW did something about it. :shrug:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Yes but ford said they want BMW and Porsche buyers. Don't think that's going to happen from my experience. Just treat us like buying customers with brains ford. In the rural areas how many people are going to buy a loaded $65K mustang ? So that dealer sells it for $$$ over list to a dealer in the bigger market. Then that dealer adds another $$$$. This will take a year or more to settle down. It's sad it works this way but it is what it is.
Sponsored

Last edited: