Sponsored

How's your dealership experience been with ordering your 350?

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
I was promised an MSRP deal from a local dealer that I started talking to late last November! When ordering finally began they said I needed to come in and talk about the "Price". Their idea of honest business and mine are obviously different and I told them "Good luck finding a sucker!"
I sat down at my computer about a week later (after I started looking at Z/28's) and sent out 5 emails to dealers within 50 miles of me...on a whim...to see what would happen. I had 2 MSRP deals for 2016's waiting within 24 hours. I signed and left a deposit on one ordered to my specs, and sent the other one on to another board member. My deal has been keeping me updated along the way. My allocation will be delivered some time this fall according to the regional rep.
If anybody wants the dealer info send me a PM. They have another allocation for 2017.
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I'm not calling any dealers in the Atlanta area because they all think the same way. Once they start coming in they will put it on the showroom floor and see what it sells for. It's good for showroom traffic and I can't blame them.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
current experience is going AWFUL! I have a well modded GT and no dealerships are accepting a 1:1 trade for a GT350 w/ track package?!?! blasphemy :[

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I was promised an MSRP deal from a local dealer that I started talking to late last November! When ordering finally began they said I needed to come in and talk about the "Price". Their idea of honest business and mine are obviously different and I told them "Good luck finding a sucker!"
I sat down at my computer about a week later (after I started looking at Z/28's) and sent out 5 emails to dealers within 50 miles of me...on a whim...to see what would happen. I had 2 MSRP deals for 2016's waiting within 24 hours. I signed and left a deposit on one ordered to my specs, and sent the other one on to another board member. My deal has been keeping me updated along the way. My allocation will be delivered some time this fall according to the regional rep.
If anybody wants the dealer info send me a PM. They have another allocation for 2017.
I called 20 dealerships last night and am waiting to hear back from 11. Right now I have one for 1k over, another for 2k over and one I'm real hopeful on for sticker. None of which I have told them I will also be buying a truck as well. That is kind of a last ditch effort to get one for MSRP. Once I get a deal in writing and visit the dealer I will post my list for people who are still looking for one. Congratulations on being able to find a car. It sucks getting screwed over so close to production.

Sponsored

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Did you have your deal in writing?
Yes. Emailed and everything. However i will not deal with a dealership that does this to its clients.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My experience was great. I am ordering from out of state so did everything over the phone. I talked to the salesman late Thursday I believe, said the owner would call me in the morning to process the order. He did so very promptly and walked me through the order process over the phone and sent it in. A few hours later they sent over the itemized intent to order to sign and approve, I did so and they took my credit card deposit shortly after that.

A day or two later they sent me the screen shot from their regional rep confirmed the order was received, now just a waiting game since it's a small dealership.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
dealership experience for me has been nothing but outstanding.

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
well the dealerships have been nice. no rude people. but nothing for msrp yet, so i have decided to wait for a few months before persuing it again.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
I would appreciate a IM from anyone with some leads, especially a 2016 or 2017 R. East coast would be awesome.
Thank you.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Walked in. Said I'm interested in their allocation. Talked with the salesman. Got to know him a bit and the business. Negotiated in stripes. Made ADM practically non existent. Should get my car sometime in early spring. All good.

radelow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have not had a good experience in general. They haven't been very clear with me. Don't return my calls. But happily took my deposit. I don't even know if they want ADM. They suck. Unfortunately I am in Southern California and that seems to be the norm here... Oh well. I am just going to be patient and wait. The simple fact is the car is worth the MSRP. Anymore more and I am looking at Porsche, BMW, Corvette.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have not had a good experience in general. They haven't been very clear with me. Don't return my calls. But happily took my deposit. I don't even know if they want ADM. They suck. Unfortunately I am in Southern California and that seems to be the norm here... Oh well. I am just going to be patient and wait. The simple fact is the car is worth the MSRP. Anymore more and I am looking at Porsche, BMW, Corvette.
I didn't hand over any money until they drafted up an order and a final selling number less what my trade will be and final down payment once the car arrives. My dealership was also very good about this. They were very professional about handling the logistical bs. Sorry to hear things aren't going well.

radelow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I didn't hand over any money until they drafted up an order and a final selling number less what my trade will be and final down payment once the car arrives. My dealership was also very good about this. They were very professional about handling the logistical bs. Sorry to hear things aren't going well.
I did at least get a DORA. I didn't want to push the price discussion because early on I think dealerships thought they could ask the moon. You are already seeing some of that come back to earth as some dealerships are dropping the ADM's from $40k to $30k eventually now to $10k. I think it will drop further...maybe... As I said though I am not MARRIED to this car. I want a add a reliable sports car that I can drive every day (and take my son in) to my collection... The GT350 fits that bill nicely...but so does a M3, C63, 911, Cayman, Boxster, RS4 etc. etc.

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
These ADM's are insane. Around my are they're like 3 - 7K and 7 was one dealership and I think they dropped it down to 5. I'll just say my ADM is so small that I almost completely forget about it.
Sponsored