zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Bezel is installed!! I can confirm functionality of the driver side climate toggle to control the base model climate system. Also interesting is the fact that auto climate works! I can set a temperature via voice command and it will automatically adjust temperature and fan speed just like the dual zone units.

I will be working with jmr in the coming weeks to possibly add back the climate quadrant.
IMG_20151227_152911.jpg
Sponsored

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
If you got everything from a 2015 mustang (screen, apim, bezel, AND the radio headunit) you will not need any programming. That said you will be hard pressed to find all of these parts for cheaper then jmr061 is offering them.
I have ordered the MFT bezel but nothing else. The nav is not really a big deal for me. I will most likely be ordering the screen and apim from JMR. But I just dished out $1000 for the OEM bezel, cupholder and a few other things at varsitypartsford. So I need a month before I can order from JMR... #brokeAF.

Btw, I know you are busy but do you think you might be able to come around doing a full install vid for the OEM MFT bezel and screen?...

I am not that handy with wiring but I am quick at learning and watching someone do the install is much more helpful than pictures and text!

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
Bezel is installed!! I can confirm functionality of the driver side climate toggle to control the base model climate system. Also interesting is the fact that auto climate works! I can set a temperature via voice command and it will automatically adjust temperature and fan speed just like the dual zone units.

I will be working with jmr in the coming weeks to possibly add back the climate quadrant.
And OMG.... You have a v6 premium. ;)

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport

How are you mounting the screen? With your other setup I believe you pulled the screen out of the housing...and now?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
How are you mounting the screen? With your other setup I believe you pulled the screen out of the housing...and now?
I kept the housing from when I first disassembled it. So I reinstalled everything back in the housing and created my own brackets for mounting!
IMG_20151227_185606_01.jpg

Sponsored

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
I kept the housing from when I first disassembled it. So I reinstalled everything back in the housing and created my own brackets for mounting!
You may have to make some extras of those for others.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
You may have to make some extras of those for others.
Haha yea it seems as though they are not easy to come by... I might draw up some 3D models to offer on shapeways.

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
Haha yea it seems as though they are not easy to come by... I might draw up some 3D models to offer on shapeways.
Is that needed to add the MFT to the OEM Premium Bezel?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Is that needed to add the MFT to the OEM Premium Bezel?
Depends on the screen model you receive. Some will have correct brackets while others might require some modification to work.

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
Almost every vehicle line has a different brackets. Due to the 2015 Mustang being the first Mustang with MFT there are very few of the Mustang Screens around....meaning custom brackets will be needed.

Sponsored

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
Seat controls....a little off topic

This question is directed to aggieStang, zackmd1, and/or jmr061

Do any of you think if I installed the Premium Bezel, Premium Apim, & Premium ACM, that I might be able to wire up the Premium Seat functions that I swapped into my car?
I have a basic GT but swapped my Recaro seats for the leather Premium seats just after I bought the car. My power adjustments work but the heating and cooling dont work.
So I'm hoping my MFT swap could help me fix my seat issue as well.
Do any of you have any insight to this?

Thanks in Advance

-Mike-

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
This question is directed to aggieStang, zackmd1, and/or jmr061

Do any of you think if I installed the Premium Bezel, Premium Apim, & Premium ACM, that I might be able to wire up the Premium Seat functions that I swapped into my car?
I have a basic GT but swapped my Recaro seats for the leather Premium seats just after I bought the car. My power adjustments work but the heating and cooling dont work.
So I'm hoping my MFT swap could help me fix my seat issue as well.
Do any of you have any insight to this?

Thanks in Advance

-Mike-
I know with the heated/cooled seats that were in my 13 Taurus and now 16 Explorer, there are relays that click in the dash when turning on the seats...if the Mustang would be set up the same way I doubt you would have that part of the setup. A service manual would have to be consulted to see what components make up the function you want.

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
I know with the heated/cooled seats that were in my 13 Taurus and now 16 Explorer, there are relays that click in the dash when turning on the seats...if the Mustang would be set up the same way I doubt you would have that part of the setup. A service manual would have to be consulted to see what components make up the function you want.
I dont think it is the same because there are control modules actually in each of the seats. So I think they run on the Canbus. (see Pic attached). I also have screen shots of the wiring harnesses with pin-outs. The thing is I dont think I have the wires needed going to the seats.
seatpic.JPG

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Im pretty sure you are missing some hardware for this as well as possibly needing a change in the body control module.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't hurt to try. I have studied the stock heated/cooled seat wiring and functions for some time before I decided to go a different route. From what I could tell, all control modules are contained in the seats so no major hardware would be missing if you did an MFT swap as well. I think you need to pull the wiring diagrams for the seats and see what wires are missing from the connector (if any). After that there is a possibility that the BCM would need reprograming.
Sponsored