Sponsored

How much attention do you get with your car?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My car doesn't get too much attention, but I bought black with no stripes to try to minimize attention. Every once in a while I'll get a thumbs up or someone will tell me they like it. On the bright side, I haven't been pulled over by police either (crossing fingers).
Sponsored

ElAntonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 (Grabber Blue, Electronics)
Grabber blue with black stripes here...I get constant attention (I also drive with the exhaust in sport everywhere except my neighborhood).

I've had multiple people just record me sitting around at lights.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Have only 1000 miles, but these cars (R and regular) get lots of attention (if that's important to you). All positive. Most can not distinguish an R model nor understand what it is, so I would imagine the attention is the same (except to the few who know Stangs). In fact, most of the folks who came over to tell me they like the car, do not recognize it as a Shelby, just a "special" Mustang (ie "That's not a regular Mustang, is it?")

Having the classic OW w/OTT blue and red stripes (my case, but there are many very stand out colors) is visually eye catching. The racket it emits when moving catches everyone else's attention. Not a car for those who prefer a low profile. FWIW :cheers:

OP
OP

jwGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
m4
Thanks guys for the interesting response !
Definitely, seems like there is a more positive response/feed back. I am not an attention seeker, but once in awhile a thumbs up will put a smile on my face.
JW

STCoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 07 Ram 3500, 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I live in a small town, only GT350 in town, so everyone knows the car. I get a lot of "Hey we saw you/your wife last night in the car". The local police have never hassled me, only smiled/waved/thumbs up. My son and his friends always ask me or the wife to rev it up.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
It is odd for me not to get a thumbs up or cool car at the red light whenever I drive the car. Nor sure what the deal is lately but man, I've been getting a lot of looks.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The attention is one of the things that I really love about this car. I've had guys on street bikes stop and lean in the window while we were in traffic on the West Side Highway and comment how great the car looks or sounds. Constantly getting thumbs-up from people in everything from your average grocery getter to Porsches. Yesterday had a guy in a box truck beep the horn a couple times, give me a thumbs up and a wave and actually slowed up to make a hole in traffic so I could go through and he could hear the car. I've had people wait by the car at the parking garage and ask questions and comment about it when I get there.

Definitely not a car you're going to slip in and out of a place unnoticed.

Last edited:

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I've had people following me taking pictures/video. It gets a lot of looks and thumbs ups from people. It stands out and does not blend in with the herd.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
People hanging out windows pulling out phones to take pictures and video, pulling alongside on the highway asking for a quick hit so they can hear it scream, gas stations.

Yesterday with the exhaust in quiet (6th) on the highway - state trooper walking from his car to another car he pulled over on the other side (opposing direction) of the highway staring at the R as he's approaching a traffic stop.

Pickup trucks will hear the exhaust and feel the need to show you how loud theirs is. Take off from a light too aggressively and surely some guy in a Honda or BMW will do a ricer flyby when they get the chance. Every modded Subaru I've come across wants to run - or hear it run.

Park at the back of a Walmart lot and when you come out at least one person will be watching you the whole way to see if that's your car.

On the highway you'll occasionally pick up horseflies that just want to ride with u

You'll get attention
All of this!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This hasnt been mentioned but 99% of the attention is from males. Any extra attention the R will get is just in the form of even wetter boxer shorts

Sponsored

raceguy388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm in the "motor city" and the attention I get makes me cringe!! Every Tom,Dick and Harry wants to give it a run on the freeway. I think part of it is the color, ruby red with black roof, the funny thing to me is I don't think it's a fast straight line car. The funniest is when my wife is driving, I had one guy almost drive off the freeway breaking his neck to do a double take

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
YUP! 2 C7 Z06 in my works parking lot now. 1 has the Z07. Guess how many R's? 1, mine!! ; ):headbang::hail::eyebulge:
the people at your work sound like they're a lot cooler than the people at my work haha

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This hasnt been mentioned but 99% of the attention is from males. Any extra attention the R will get is just in the form of even wetter boxer shorts
Unless you have a Ferrari or Lambo, this is the case 99% of the time with most muscle cars.

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
All the attention!... From the cops... kidding

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Tons of attention. I don't mind the kids and random questions and thumbs ups at stop lights, even a few cell phone pics. Lately though I've encountered a lot of people who want to challenge me for whatever reason (I don't street race). Most are not even driving a performance car :shrug: funny but annoying when you're just trying to get where you need to be and enjoy the ride.
Sponsored